[Original RPG] End of the Line: Renaissance (Autobots)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Scout

End of the Line: Renaissance (Autobots)

Post by Scout »

For the Autobots on Earth, it has been a time of many changes. Since their return to the organic planet, the Autobots have been struggling desperately against the attempts of the Decepticons to conquer them and take the Earth’s energy resources for their own. The casualties mounted. Losses not only of soldiers, but of friends – mounted. Suffering escalated with personnel losses, the deprivation of energy resources, and took a toll on their morale. Two heavy battles at the Autobot cities left them with severe damages to repair and several defectors.

Finally, a chase and an excursion led to the opportunity to rescue an autobot who was being held hostage and to raid a Decepticon shuttle. With his Autobots at the very brink of falling apart, Optimus Prime steeled himself and grasped for the important advantage the shuttle would provide. But, it had been a trap set and sprung by an efficient and calculating Decepticon subcommander. The leader, Optimus Prime, was caught in the resulting devastation and badly damaged.

With every piece of solder, every stroke of a welding gun, the leader reflected on the status of the Autobots as a whole and also of each Autobot as individuals. His determination is set, his body strengthened, he is resolved.

The Autobots will come together again, to work side by side with each other. Wrongs will be put to rights. They will secure the stability of the faction, they will secure the safety of the Earth, and then – they will make the effort to free their homeworld of Cybertron from the Quintessons who had invaded it.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Makeshift Medbay, Fort Max

(OOC: No inconvenience...I'm always up for an oportunity to let Red Alert act crazy :) )

Red Alert met Ratchet's gaze, a somewhat shaken look in his optics.

I need a vacation, the security officer thought to himself, if I'm getting surprised by my own comrades...

"We were trying for a stealthy sort of secrecy," he told Scattershot with a bit of chagrin, "but we obviously didn't do a very good job of it. You and your men aren't the only ones who managed to find us."

He shrugged.

"It doesn't matter now, anyway. Since Prime's secret upgrades are finished..."

He trailed off as the Technobots combined and left the area.

Be patient with them, he told himself. After all, they're still young. And besides...Computron can always be relied on, even if the seperate Technobots can't.

Outside Fort Max

Prime tore down the ramp, enjoying the odd feeling as the air moved against his new, more modern vehicular mode.

Even if he couldn't have seen the Omega Shuttle from his position, the plume of smoke rising from the crash site would have made the ship's location obvious. The leader shifted into second gear, then rolled out towards the Neo transport.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Quickmix doused the last pocket of flame in his sector

"all clear my side " he yelled
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

Fort Max medbay (the proper one) :)

Computron finally put down the heavy body of Sky Lynx and signalled to Superion to do likewise. Then he turned to Ratchet who was following them.

"Datum: Sky Lynx delivered. Transfer to next task is possible.
Conclusion: Moving to shuttle crash site."

Without extra words the gestalt turned around and moved towards the exit ramp.

Fort Max munitions room:

Jetwave had finally lost his temper. First he scanned the ammo directory on the comm panel, then tried to find his objectives in the giant pile of crates, boxes and tins lying on the floor. Both of the methods revealed similar result: there were NO 18-inch shells.

Well, that's just great! Not that I believed there will be – anyway, I hadn't heard about guns of such size being active on Earth... But Brainstorm was so sure, so confident! And what now? I'm still where I'd started, only tired and angry.

He gripped the box he was holding in his hands absent-mindedly. A stream of shining machine gun ammo spilled to the floor... He hadn't noticed that.

Now all I need is the last straw. Anything. A Decepticon attack, some diversion... And then... Then there will be carnage, chaos and mayhem.

He turned his faceplate up, towards the ceiling. But his optics were focused on something far beyond.

"Primus, why? What am I doing wrong?"
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Stark
Protoform

Post by Stark »

Fort Max: Med Bay
Following Computron's lead, Superion set Sky Lynx down. He immediately turned and headed out past Ratchet to the exit ramp where he took to the air in order to get to the crash site quickly.
-----------------------------------------------------

Fort Max: Corridors
Seaspray and Beachcomber were heading down the corridor carrying the geological test equipment when Beachcomber suddenly stopped.

"Oh man!" exclaimed Beachcomber.

"What is it?" asked Seaspray not sure if he really wanted to know the answer.

"It's nothing," replied Beachcomber, " I just forgot something back at the lab. Here take these, I'll be right back." Beachcomber handed his armful of equipment to Seaspray who already had his hands full and headed back to the science lab.

The load was a little more than Seaspray could control as he fought to keep from dropping the equipment. -Oh no, not again- he thought as he finally managed to get the pile under control. He let out a sigh of relief and then backed over to a wall where he slumped down to the floor.

Realizing that he had just put himself in a difficult position to move from he said shaking his head, "Well this is just great! Now how am I supposed to get up?"
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Ratchet watched as both Computron and Superion left the medbay.

" I need to upload personalities into those two one day " he quiped.

Walking over to Sky Lynx ratchet extened his laser Sscalpel and started removing irrepairable plates.

" Lets get you up and about again big guy "
Scout

Post by Scout »

Fortress Maximus: cells

Prowl frowned briefly. The human Nick was not handing the Decepticon Browning over, and he did not have time to stand and continue waiting upon them. Although precise with his form and size, he did not want to use any force against the organic.

"You sit and consider that for a while Nick."
"Maximus, monitors and heavy security on this cell. Alert me when the human is ready to cooperate."

With a easy glide, Prowl stepped back from the cell door as it closed within a field and the security command of Maximus took over. A check of his registry caught the strategist's immediate attention.

Metalhawk has returned to us... interesting. His curiousity piqued at the possible addition of another Autobot, Prowl took up his radio.

"Metalhawk, this is Prowl. It is good to see you have returned. I have many questions for you, friend. Meet with me on the security bridge. I have urgent matters that need attention while we talk."
-----------
-----------
Outside the Neo shuttle near Metroplex
"Blades, we need your water lift now!"
"Groove, Streetwise, how's that fire break going?"
Hot Spot spoke clearly over his communicator to his teammates from his vehicle mode as he plugged into Metroplex's water reserve and began dousing unburnt trees.
Blades shot past overhead, hauling a water scoop designed for his size of chopper. "I see it Hot Spot- I'm on it!" He manouvered into position above a small clearing with a few trees and dropped the small water load across it.

"We're making headway down here." Groove called back as he and Streetwise pulled down and stacked trees. "It's getting hot though. We'll need backup or a good wind here might cause it to jump the treetops and across the break."

Hot Spot thought for a moment and then replied. "Keep at it, just do your best. We'll nail it."

"Powerglide's up!" Streetwise called back in a relieved voice. "Should be done in short order now!"
------------------------------
Outside Maximus
"Any ideas on how to patch all this up Silencer?" Smokescreen frowned as he watched the burning mountainside.
"The humans aren't going to appreciate this."

------------------------------
On the Mountainside

"Yeah, sounds good Windcharger! You can lead them down, I'll tail."

Trailbreaker scooted up towards the first vehicle. "Follow Windcharger down, we'll make sure everyone is safe."

"Sir, it's a talking 4X4."

"I heard it too corporal."

The commander looked back at the flames and mess around the autobot cities and nodded. "Follow it."

No wonder our planet's got global warming going on with the scope of these things.
-------------------------------------
Mountain forest- several miles away from the Autobot cities.
"HUMANS. what are you doing here?" Blitzwing glowered at the human unit that he was approaching rapidly.

--------------------------------------
Outside the Neo shuttle
Mirage had left Maximus and had gone outside. He began clearing debris pushed up by the impact of the shuttle.
---------------------------------------
Outside the Neo shuttle
Hound had waited while the Neos began to emerge and then slowly walked over with a welcoming smile.

"Skyfall! You sure lived up to your name this time! It's good to see you back pal. Is everyone okay?"

From the intercom message he had received earlier, First Aid came jogging out just in time to hear the last bit of Hound's greeting and to see Greatshot's injuries.

He walked over beside Hoist to check Greatshot's injuries and then gave a reassuring smile. "Not too bad. We'll get you fixed up inside."
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"Prowl? Heh... It's good to know that at least someone on the command staff deems me worthy of their time... I'll meet you on the bridge."

Hawk clicked off his comm, checking the layout, and headed to the turbolift down the hall... stepping inside, he keyed the sequence to the bridge... and moments later, he stood outside the bridge's main doors. Approaching them, he keyed his security code... and was granted access. entering the large chamber, he started over to the massive window overlooking the area... he stopped, gazing out at the landscape.... and waited
Scout

Post by Scout »

Prowl walked quickly through the halls of the Maximus security center, carefully stopping to key in high security codes and check locked doors. In rapid order, he approached the heart of the security command and entered after keying his access code.

He breezed in, aware of Metalhawk's presence, but needed to check a pair of monitors prior to the discussion. A brief scan later, he finished crossing the room and offered a hand to the skilled Autobot with a welcoming business-type smile. "Metalhawk, it is good that you've returned. We've been unsure of your status. Do you require any immediate service needs?"
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"No, Prowl... I'm fine thanks... it's you folks that I believe need help... Despite Prime issuing that "no contact" order, I couldn't stand sitting there doing nothing.. after hearing of the most recent battle... I had to do SOMETHING... and for the records... Mission Accomplished. I've got an entire corporation PLUS at our disposal, ready and waiting to divert material and facilities to repair and re-armament of the Autobot forces."
Scout

Post by Scout »

"Metal Hawk, those instructions were valid, and I will explain. Your arrival could not have been better timed, but you deserve an explaination."
Prowl's face darkened and he glanced out the windows to the wreckage strewn below and the damage from the battles. The strain of keeping the Autobots protected had left deep furrows in his facial features. He drummed one hand lightly on the frame as he pondered the orders and the reasons that they had been given. Straightening back up, he motioned to the outer reaches of the citybot's perimeter.

"You left for Earth, and a darkness fell upon the Autobots remaining on Cybertron. An evil object rose in the Decepticon ranks called a Chaos Matrix. The struggle with the object took lives and trust from our faction. You were the safeguard here on Earth. Prime suspected the Decepticons would betray the agreement he had made with them prior to the Unicron War, and the Chaos Matrix caused the Autobot faction to split in two - it made us weak.

What happened after the split was a terrible tragedy that none of us could have fathomed. The Quintessons had been spying... they must have been. With the Autobot faction weakened in two, and the Decepticon leadership in an upheaval from the Chaos Matrix, they struck. They released a version of hate plague upon our Homeworld. We all had to retreat or be exterminated, autobot and decepticon alike.

When we arrived back here on Earth, the Decepticons attacked immediately. With our supplies and reserves at their lowest since our revival here many years ago, I believe it likely that Optimus could not risk contacting you and revealing your presence to the Decepticons.

We are in dire need of not only energy supplies, but also of loyal and true compatriots. I understand why you are angry. I do expect that you will understand why it was that we have not contacted you, and it is my hope that you will stay and work with us. You are to be commended at the highest level for your devoted service Hawk. The fulfillment of the assignment may save many of our lives, and also the humans as well. If the supplies are of significant amount, it may allow us the possibility to endevour to retake our homeworld from the Quintessons now ruling it as well."

Prowl glanced over and watched Metalhawk with an assessing expression, unsure of how the autobot would react.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Neo Crash Site

Pipes was vigorously spraying down the remaining bits of fire when a communication came in over a crackling frequency.

"Pipes! Do you read me? This is Bumper in Denver. We need a little assistance if you have the time."

Pipes replied back while still spraying. "Bumper? Yeah I hear you. You have some trouble you want me to get into? Heh heh."

"Not exactly. We need you to hitch up to one of the tractor trailers parked near Autobase and come to the coordinates I'm about to send. We've got a whole mess of weaponry here to transport back to base. See if you can't find a few others to pull trailers as well, I don't think we'll be able to get it all in one."

"Weapons, huh? That sounds like fun. Soon as I get done putting this fire out, I'll head out your way. Try not to blow yourself up in the meantime."

Pipes glanced over to Huffer standing next to him. "Hey, want to pull some trailers out to Denver after this to pick up a bunch of weapons?"

Huffer said, "Sure. I'll have to stop by Metroplex before we leave to make sure the reconstruction is proceeding on schedule, but I can go."

Pipes said, "Good. Maybe we should get Outback to pull a trailer too, although he'll hate the restriction to his freedom. Heh heh. We can get Powerglide to ride along as guard duty too. It'll be just like old times. The old crew back together."
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Metalhawk bowed his head, his optics narrowing.

"Damn it!" hawk cursed. "Prowl... if I had known... I'd have scrambled everything I had at my disposal and brought all I had to cybertron to try and rebuild before the quints could have struck... but...if what you say is true, you're right... it's not my place to be angry."

Hawk's head rose, his face like stone. " I'll need access to a communications array to inform the seattle and denver sites to shift into overdrive... the mag-lev systems I have in place will be able to get the supplies from seattle and denver out to a rendevous point as early as three days from now... "

Hawk's anger flared and cooled suddenly, and to many, one would think the autobot were posessed... And in a manner of speaking, he was... posessed of a desire to set things right.

"One more thing, Prowl... I'd like permission to resume my original role."

Metalhawk drew his titanium saber from subspace, holding the blade out, horizontally to the floor.

"My sword once more desires to dispense justice to our enemies, Prowl... It's time I make things right."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Silencer looked at the devastation

"not really my thing I'm just a simple farmer , you need someone who can work on a grand scale, Ricochet would be perfect , just need to reign in his artistic tendenceis."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Near the crashed shuttle

Prime roared up, coming to a stop a fair distance away from the wrecked ship, then transformed. He watched the work that the Protectobots and others were doing to put out the fire and tend to the crash survivors. He nodded to himself, more than satisfied with how his troops were handling the crisis.

Optimus caught sight of Skyfall quickly enough, but didn't move to intercept the young Neo leader. He knew that the Micromaster wouldn't leave his troops until the fires were under control and the wounded were enroute to Medbay...and he also knew that what he had to say to Skyfall was for his audio sensors alone.
Warit00
Protoform

Post by Warit00 »

----------Neo shuttle crash site----------
"Hello Hound let's take him to the med bay."Then he takes
Greatshot to the med bay.

----------Outside Fort Max----------
Rosdos get back to his crash shuttle near Fort Max.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Neo Shuttle Crash Site:

Ironhide: -finishes with his section of the fire, nozzles retracting into his shoulders and sliding back into his forearms, hands sliding back into place, sees Prime, walks over to him- "Uh..... Prahme? You okay? Ya look..... differ'nt."

----------
Peremeter, Autobase:

Omega Supreme: -transforms, starts to walk towards the crash site-
verytired

minding the human convoy by the fire...

Post by verytired »

Cosmos drifted away from the sparkabots and thought about his negligence. He had wanted to get more involved in the war, and had diverted Omega S.s key component away from the Sharkticon attack. Had the attack been of a greater strength or better co-ordinated, he might have cost some Autobots there lives this day. He glumly transformed and sloped off into Fort Max, aimlessly.
Guzzle watched him leave, muttered obscenities under his breath.
Fizzle approached the convoy lead vehicle again, hoping for a more civil reaction.
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

Near the shuttle crash site

Computron walked around the Fortress Maximus corner and stopped abruptly, seeing the scene of carnage. For a while the gestalt was just standing there, measuring the size of a disaster.

"Datum: Massive fire had been located. Must be stopped from escalating in size. Human and Transformer lives must be saved..."
Gestalt's mind started to work over all the available fire extinguishing methods.

Applying the water... Checked.
Blocking the oxygen supply... Checked.
Smiting the fire with controlled explosion... Checked.

The endless list of possible solutions was far from ending...

Fort Max corridors:

Anger flashing with green fire in his faceplate slit, Jetwave walked down the corridor towards the exit ramp. He didn't looked where he was stepping; perhaps that's why he had stumbled, tangling himself in Seaspray's legs which the latter stretched sitting at the wall.

The outcome was nothing short of catastrophic.

Tall black and green Autobot fell down on the blue and gold one like a guillotine blade on the neck of a hapless victim. Jetwave's reflexes were good enough to start responding on this sudden attack; alas, his mind was occupied elsewhere and didn't realised there were no attack at all. He started to draw his pair of swords but was down before he pulled them out of his back-folded wings. His hands were busy with this automatic motion and he wasn't able to prevent the fateful collision.

Just what in Pri... was all he was able to think before his head hit the floor.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Stark
Protoform

Post by Stark »

Near The Crash Site
Superion landed near the where the victims of the crash were being helped. As he scanned the area he began to hear voices of his component pieces telling him what to do. He took a moment to supress the voices and rid himself of any confusion, then he looked down at the Neo commander Skyfall and said, "Superion is here to assist."
------------------------------------------------------
Fort Max: Corridors
Seaspray should have seen it coming, but by the time he decided to react it was too late. Jetwave had already hit the floor. Hard. All he could was watch. -This has definitely not been my day. What is it the humans say? When it rains it pours.Oh well, might as well do what I can.-

"Are you alright?" he asked in his warbled voice while not moving from his spot on the floor.