Dark of the Moon Video Game [spoilers]

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Blackjack

Dark of the Moon Video Game [spoilers]

Post by Blackjack »

Trailer: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/114/1149231p1.html

'Change the Fight'

We see Megatron, Starscream, Bumblebee, the lead villain for the third movie, as well as a new feature, based on the Speed Force/Stealth Force or whatever they call that sub-toyline where guns pop out of the vehicle mode.

Story will take place prior to the movie so it doesn't get burdened by a different script to the movie like the first two games.

Controls will be based on War for Cybertron so you can transform and move around without having to hold down on the button like the ROTF game.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

http://www.allspark.com/content/view/8611/20/
Something of a "story preview". Adam Sessler of G4TV interviews Sean Miller, game director of High Moon Studios for the Transformers: Dark of the Moon prologue game. While much of the gameplay mechanics is "War for Cybertron", Miller points out that they've included a new addition called Stealthforce. In essence, it allows players to transform in-between vehicle and robot mode as well allowing access to weapons, eliminating the need to constantly attack in robot mode. Also mentioned is that certain missions are bested suited to certain characters. Story wise, it'll add on to the film when it hits theaters on July 1, 2011, but the game can act as a stand-alone.

Watch it G4TV, and read up a hands-on preview courtesy of fellow site TFW2005 during GDC in San Francisco earlier this March. Dark of the Moon: The Game hits shelves June 14, 2011.
Also, a new character is revealed:
SPOILER! (select to read)
Warpath! BLAM POW!
Although it stands to see if he's game-exclusive or he will appear in the movie proper.

As other characters go, we see a lot of Ironhide, Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, Megatron, and
Shockwave
, as well as Ratchet, Starscream, Mixmaster and a bunch of unknowns.
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

Warpath? BLAM POW!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TURBO CHARGER

Post by TURBO CHARGER »

The graphics in that trailer have left me underwhelmed

ATTENTION: THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM YOUR FRIEND, TURBO CHARGER
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

NightHawk

Post by NightHawk »

TURBO CHARGER wrote:The graphics in that trailer have left me underwhelmed
I agree, even in the new trailer the graphics leave me mostly unimpressed. Sure the TF's themselves look good but the background is bland and...simple. And this is from the guys who War for Cybertron who's background looked, in my opinion. quite spectacular.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Both WFC and the ROTF game are both spectacular in graphics and gameplay, although ROTF's storyline and cutscenes are crap, while WFC's just too short :(.

This? Well, some of the robots look impressive but they lack the sheen and depth we saw for ROTF and WFC, while the backgrounds -- especially that part of the trailer where helicopters fly past the shitbombed buildings -- look so primitive that it looks as if it popped out of a PS2/Wii game.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Interesting. Kind of confirms that weird flying dinosaur/bird thing is Laserbeak, huh?

Or at least implies it is.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
NightHawk

Post by NightHawk »

Brimstone wrote:
Interesting. Kind of confirms that weird flying dinosaur/bird thing is Laserbeak, huh?

Or at least implies it is.
Yes it's
Laserbeak
alright, kind of a spoiler when you think about it.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

kind of a spoiler
Which is why spoiler tags are there for, yeah?

Don't spoil important bits of the movie for people who want to watch it without any spoilers... :)
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Sorry. I would have...but last time I used them I was told I was being stupid for using Spoilers in threads about upcoming game/movie and that Spoilers should be expected.

I'll err on the side of caution from now on.

(err...er...error...air...whatever the word is)
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Nah, you don't have to use spoiler tags in the DOTM thread because the title has '[spoilers]'. This one doesn't.

Well, not yet, anyway... :)