NECA Arcade Game Turtles

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Brendocon 2.0

NECA Arcade Game Turtles

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Those pixelated paint apps. :lol:

Personally I'd rather go back and play the arcade game (even though the SNES Turtles in Time is and will always be the best TMNT game), but it's neat that they're doing this. I'm sure it pushes a lot of folks' nostalgia buttons.

Now if only they'd make a box set of multicoloured foot soldiers that didn't look so hilarious...
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Yeah, I wouldn't buy them, but I think they're awesome enough to own if I were, like, a gazillionaire or if somebody gave them to me for free.

Just looked up the prices on those Figuarts Turtles you pointed me in the direction of a while back and holy **** they're like $70 each. And yeah, okay, I'll spend £50 on a third-party Minibot, but is it just me or is that serious ouch territory?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Reeeally hard to justify for figures that don't have the parts count, complexity and design requirements transforming robots do.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Yeah, $70 is a bit obscene, especially since they're all the same basic toy and probably no bigger than that Minibot. Even if they have a mountain of accessories that's insane.

You could probably still get all four of the Playmates Classics Turtles for what one and a half of the Figuarts would cost, too, though those are more of a mixed show/toy homage.