Perceptor?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
amethysted
Protoform

Perceptor?

Post by amethysted »

How could I have forgotten Perceptor?

What would he transform into though? Who uses a Microscope?

I guess an Epson Photo Scanner would'nt go over very well, huh?

Wheeljack it is!

The first season he was awsome! He frick'n created the Dinobots! Who later blew up Teletran One, but anyway...

Wheeljack could be pretty cool in the fight against The Decepticons. All the weapons and gadgets he creates for the good of all kind. There could even be an element of humor when someting goes wrong. Or on a more negative note, Megatron could use said gadgets against The Autobots...

Ah, the thoughts keep coming...

Ed
Ed Fillmore
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Well, it's not as though noone would know what a microscope is. They are still in wide use all around the world...
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Wheeljack also took down Megatron with one of his shoulder mounted missile-numbing thingies, proving he was even harder than Octopus Prime. All the other Autobots respected him after that and even the Decepticons would give him a wide birth in battle. Shame he got killed by an exploding toothpick in the movie, and the fact that his weapons were never so powerful after that particular episode, but I liked that he could fly and that he was one of the few with the ability to swap his hand for a neat plot device, such as that handy fire extinguisher thing.

Perceptor also has a third mode. Tweak his left nostril and he turns into a mobile cannon. Good eh? Better than an Epson scanner, but not as good as a Heidelberg one.

Most of Wheeljacks inventions blew up, malfunctioned or went ‘beep’, and little else. In fact, he was so funny I frequently busted a gut watching his exploits*

While we’re jumping around, how many Autobots could Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors obliterate before being turned into pulp?**

* LIE

** The morality of said show might come into play here.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Auntie Slag
While we’re jumping around, how many Autobots could Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors obliterate before being turned into pulp?**
** The morality of said show might come into play here.

All of them except the BM Rattrap with wheels, who'd be accepted as a long lost brother of the Wheeled Warriors...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Darth Shrapnel
Protoform

Post by Darth Shrapnel »

Wheeljack was able to take out Megatron with one shot, created the Dinobots and Victory Leo. What more could you ask for?
"Im drowning in footwear!"
Lord Decepticon
Protoform

Post by Lord Decepticon »

Wheeljack was in fact good, he took Megatron down in one shot, created the Dinobots and was always there to fix them. He taught Grimlock to be a little more civilized. He created the Anti-Transfixation Grenade. He came up with the idea to exchange mental impulses of someone into Autobot X. He helped out with the force field against Megatron when he had the heart of cybertron. He had his own workshop. He fixed Prime after his beatdown from the seekers. Damn, Wheeljack doesnt get much credit.
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
All of them except the BM Rattrap with wheels, who'd be accepted as a long lost brother of the Wheeled Warriors...

I’m afraid I must dice your testicles in malt vinegar for that. This is a Geeeeee Wun forum, and as far as I know Rat Trap was at no point introduced into this generation.*

Of course Jayce and his pals would bring no harm to a single autobot. In the Wheeled Warrior cartoons they would always tunnel under a bit of road and let the silly bad plant cars fall in, or dodge at the last second and allow the nasties to collide and erupt into a ball of flame. No Autobots would be harmed in the making of such an altercation. For this additional mistake I get to place rabid pirañas in the malt vinegar.

May you burn in purgatory you spawn of satan, and your seed find no fertile land. May your cows die of syphilis, and your flock become as rancour as milt.

* = Anyone see the way I cunningly wove the Roachford song title in here? No? Fine, I’ll go back to bed then.
Joecooler2u
Protoform

Post by Joecooler2u »

Wheeljack was awesome. One of the rare G1 toys I never had :( I loved the character, toy & cartoon version. He was one of the Autobots I hated to see bite the dust in Transformers the movie.

I have a question for some of you out there, did Sunstreaker live after the movie? I saw him in the spaceship with Optimus and when Optimus transformed, but never noticed him in the series again. Also whatever happened to Tracks and Sideswipe? On the Movie Dvd in the Storyboards it looked like they had plans to have both Sideswipe and Red Alert in the movie but scrapped them.

Also, back onto Wheeljack, how did he come to be a Decepticon in the Armada version? Someone please explain for me. Thanks.
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

The Wheel jack in armada is not the G1 Wheeljack. Aamda is a different continuity.
However the armada Wheeljack was an autobot and friends with Hotshot. Until during an attack Wheeljack was percieved as dead by Hot shot and Hot shot fled.
Wheeljack assumed Hot shot left him to die out of cowardice not realising Hot shot thought he was dead and joined up the decepticons.

or something .
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
Lord Decepticon
Protoform

who could forget the red & blue Wheeljack in Change Gears
Fitchman
Protoform

Post by Fitchman »

I've never heard ANYTHING to suggest Sunstreaker didn't survive the movie. As far as who would use Perceptor in scope mode... himself!
Lord Decepticon
Protoform

Supposebly they survived but no facts

Sunstreaker
Hound
Bluestreak
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

For Bluestreak you might wanna check the cartoon episode 'Dark Awakening'. There's a scene where Rodimus or Daniel (they're so alike) is walking along the crypt section. On each tomb is the name of a fallen Autobot and I can't remember if Bluestreak's name is there. Huffer definitely is, and Brawn. Somebody here might know, its been ages since I watched it.

Neither Hound nor Sunstreaker's names were listed on the tombs, but I get the feeling you only saw a few names close up. If there's any justice they should still be knocking around, after all, Sunstreaker can teleport (as we saw in the movie). ;)
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Bluestreak wasn't in the tomb... I think charecters like Hound and co. vanished from the show post movie as a result of the TF equiverlent of a cabanet reshuffle once Rodimus took over...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Fitchman
Protoform

Post by Fitchman »

Originally posted by Auntie Slag
If there's any justice they should still be knocking around, after all, Sunstreaker can teleport (as we saw in the movie). ;)

Exactly! ;) My favorite Lamborghini has the Pow-ah!
Lord Decepticon
Protoform

The tombs listed Iornhide, Ratchet, Prowl, Huffer and we all know Brawn, Windcharger, Wheeljack and Op died.
Fitchman
Protoform

Post by Fitchman »

In my storyline, those bots were re-assigned to another mission.
The only confirmed deaths are Wheeljack, Windcharger, Brawn, Prowl, Ratchet, Ironhide, Huffer...