'Hot Skids' alternator at Ebay

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cyclone_X
Protoform

'Hot Skids' alternator at Ebay

Post by Cyclone_X »

a new eBay auction is featuring a testshot of Alternators Skids with flaming decals:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/ ... ee_1_b.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/ ... 3e_1_b.jpg

The car mode looks like it got a visit from MTV's 'Pimp my ride' crew, but does it also contain an X-box, PS2 and GameCube? :p

[EDIT]

More pics.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread79333.html
BTFA, 2 year anniversary
Alternator Swindle
Protoform

Post by Alternator Swindle »

The flames bring it back from horrible to not so horrible,
XBL Gamertag: DR SR PEANUT
Socom 3: DR.SR.PEANUT
Resident Evil!!!!!
Resident Archive NASCAR fan
Ghirox

Post by Ghirox »

I saw the dubbed version of "Pimp my Ride" - they can do something better than this - overal, better than the original (proto ver) .... and, no this bot didn't contain a PS2, they installed removable PSP in the seat :)
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yes, the decals definitely add to it. Now, if they make a decepticon version that's this cool, we're all set . . .
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

This one is on my "to buy list" Just if it comes with Vinyl or sticker flames, I will just whip out the ye olde' airbrush kit and make better flames. It is surprising how much he does look like the G1 reminscent Skids toy, just needs the silver with red outline racing stripes :) .
dmc12fan
Protoform

Post by dmc12fan »

Isn't anyone else boycotting (or considering it) this figure because it's a Scion, the worst car manufacturer since Kia?
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

nah the worst car since kia is hyunda possibly. scion/toyota is a good company with a great reputation on most of their products.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Originally posted by dmc12fan
Isn't anyone else boycotting (or considering it) this figure because it's a Scion, the worst car manufacturer since Kia?

No, because that would be unreasonable. Even if they picked the worst car company in the world, you're still buying a transformer, not a car. If I buy it I'll buy it because it's Skids, not because it's a Scion.

An average car costs 5.000-10.000 euros, the rest of the line [rx-8, imprezza, dodge viper SRT etc] cost well over 28.000 euros. You think one customer that skips a 25 euros product will damage their sales?
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
AutobotJazz
Protoform

Post by AutobotJazz »

I cant be held responsible for what may happen to the manufacturers of this is they do call it 'Hot Skids.' Maybe its just my brit sensebilities but it kinda makes it sound like the affect of one too many tandoris down at the old curry house.

Also he looks fat and madly out of proportion.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Okay, first of all: he is not Hot Skids. The ' ' before and after that name indicate that.

He is just called Hot by the poster because a) of the flames, b) of the similiar design to HOT Rod, again in the flames.

Once again; this is SKIDS. The final product may be called Autobot Skids, but under no circumstances Hot Skids.

Now, the fat design differs in each person's perspective. To me he looks bulky and angular [with the doors as wings]. Out of proportion? Nope. If you want to see disproportional transformers, look at Beast Wars and Beast Machines. The 'disproportional' figures of the first turned out to be the best.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by RID Scourge
Yes, the decals definitely add to it. Now, if they make a decepticon version that's this cool, we're all set . . .

I'd be willing to wager as much as a quarter that the remold/repaint will be Ironhide...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah, that's a shame. I'd rather see them stop making autobots until the forces are balanced.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

they could always make a transformer that is a beer keg and make him a decepticon if they are running out of ideas for the decepticon forces... :laugh:
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

The line really needs more Decepticons. A mustang con will be nice, as well as remoulds of Prowl\Skids [no more autobots].

But with all the new moulds they announced and even the bigger moulds [higher price points] the chances of Motormaster are increasing ;)
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Knightdramon
The line really needs more Decepticons. A mustang con will be nice

Nooo, enough with that mold. :(
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by RID Scourge
Yeah, that's a shame. I'd rather see them stop making autobots until the forces are balanced.

Balance to The Force, you must bring.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

as well as remoulds of Prowl

Ooh! I'd like to see a crooked cop for the decepticons. That would just be badass! :up:

Don't think that they should use the Prowl mold again, though . . .
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

volunteers Crankcase for the Evil Skids repaint
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Nev, the mustang mould is not overused [least number of releases next to s2000] and makes a pretty solid bot. The only car I'd chose if they had to bring Motormaster back.

Scourge, I'd understand if you think that the mould sucks, but if it's because the blue repaint being already out, then no. I think that each mould deserves a Decepticon. And I still want a complete set of Stunticons that aren't bricks ;)
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I just think the robot mode is the worst of the Alternators to date. He's wide and flat. Now that I think of it, he looks like a walking pancake. They've proven they can make really interesting flat-fronted BTs, such as Windcharger/Decepticharge and Sideswipe/Dead End, so why make this guy so bland. I really think that it's not visually busy enough. They need to do something more with that chest. Just doesn't look right.
I think that each mould deserves a Decepticon. And I still want a complete set of Stunticons that aren't bricks ;)

Yeah, I hope they do the rest of the stunticons, too. They're the most natural fits for Alt/BTs. However, I think they'd have a much better sense of fashion than to pick that type of body. Although, now that I think of it, a racing stripe with a big number might be just what the doctor ordered . . .

Ah, yesss [/Megs]. A vast improvement, indeed. Now, imagine what it would look like with a more professional paint job, as opposed to something done on paint in 5 minutes . . .

EDIT: So little, yet it adds so much . . .