Toy Fair 2010 news and images

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Toy Fair 2010 news and images

Post by Knightdramon »

Putting links and some summary here for people to find easily - Denyer

http://www.flickr.com/photos/collectico ... yfair2010/ (via TFW2005)

http://tformers.com/search.php?query=Toy+Fair+2010

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Toy_Fair_2010

Looks like the US release of Masterpiece Grimlock will be a TRU exclusive. I heartily recommend tracking one down, though, and would even recommend it at import prices. It's fun and toy-ish rather than a serious collectible.

You're also getting a (convention-exclusive) Blaster reissue, a Drift toy, War For Cybertron figures, and oh-dear-god just spotted a Star War Transformers Yoda mould...

The Powercore updated Combaticons are quite funky, at least when airbrushed, but this trend towards combiners apparently not being individual robots seems rather cheap. Also in the Powercore line, Targetmasters are making a comeback.

Tons of other stuff as well. Even Weebles are making a comeback.

Discussion moved from "Revenge of the Fallen toy discussion" thread - ziggy

I, apparently, have psychic powers. Turns out from one of those sneak peaks at the collector's club there's going to be Classics Drift, Thrust [finally], legends Ravage, MP Grimlock with crown and HUMAN ALLIANCE JAZZ.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Knightdramon wrote:I, apparently, have psychic powers. Turns out from one of those sneak peaks at the collector's club there's going to be Classics Drift, Thrust [finally], legends Ravage, MP Grimlock with crown and HUMAN ALLIANCE JAZZ.
Classics Thrust?!?!

I will have to break my abstinence if that happened...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Legends Ravage? Wang Chung! Anyone want a Deluxe Ravage?
Clay

Post by Clay »

How many Human Alliance toys can they have left? I know they won't run out of cars, but it's the people that's the problem. Off the top of my head, all they have left are white guy soldier, John Voight, and Sam's parents before they have to start with characters I can't even remember were in the movies.

Actually, a Human Alliance ice cream truck of the twins with a figure of Julie White would be all kinds of awesome. I want that.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Well, I'm guessing they can do generic guys like Sector 7 Trooper, NEST Trooper and the like. Or maybe costume changes if the line's got the legs? Leo? I mean, there's no-one obvious to pair him up with, but then Epps and Sideswipe were hardly an inseperable combo in the film...

Actually, considering Frenzy, Wheelie might be an option too.

Any news on who's going to be with Jazz? Lennox must be up soon.
Clay

Post by Clay »

TFW summary sez Lennox comes with Jazz.

EDIT: ooh, they're making a Model T. And apparently they've finally shown the third girly bike.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yay and yay - not so much HA, I've decided I really can't even go there, seeing as they're surely not going to do enough of them to wholly replace my entire cast (though they do look like they might be a bit closer to Leader Prime... NONONONONOONONO don't even think about it...).

Third Girlbike is cool... if the option presents itself, I'm probably going Legends for all three as "final figures", but having 2/3rds of the Deluxes means I'm not going to be able to resist. The Model T is cool as well - the more I look at Ransack the more he's looking like one of the triumphs of the line, so something else following the same philosophy would be neat. Plus, of course, Leader Starscream gets closer and closer...

Thrust also is cool - at standard release I could go for another Classics Decepticon.

Does being at the TFCC thingy confirm MP Grimlock for a Western release too? That'd be awesome.

EDIT: Fuuuuck, Hubcao is so bought. Even though he isn't a Model T.
Clay

Post by Clay »

The thing says Grimlock will be a TRU exclusive, so I guess it'll end up in the UK there as well?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Oh, I hope so.

Drift looks bangable as well. Well-played, McCarthy, well-played.

EDIT: Jesus, I'm dangerously overstimulated here, that's twice in about a week.

EDIT II: New Voyager Prime mould based on the Leader!! STRAXUS!!!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Cliffjumper wrote:Drift looks bangable as well. Well-played, McCarthy, well-played.
Drift looks pretty neat, indeed. Better than most of the new deluxe molds in Universe, for sure.
STRAXUS!!!!!
Doesn't look that great at first glance, but just by dint of being Straxus, he's a whole lot of awesome.

Thrust makes me all sorts of happy. He's got a much nicer colour scheme than the Japanese release, omitting the silly paint apps on the wings and casting a few more parts in that lovely shade of crimson. I just hope they've done some repair work on the molds, considering how shitty the joints were on Acid Storm and Universe Starscream.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Warcry wrote:Thrust makes me all sorts of happy. He's got a much nicer colour scheme than the Japanese release, omitting the silly paint apps on the wings and casting a few more parts in that lovely shade of crimson. I just hope they've done some repair work on the molds, considering how shitty the joints were on Acid Storm and Universe Starscream.
Henkei Thrust and Dirge are both really tight, joint-wise. Of course, Henkei thundercracker is another story. Maybe it's the difference between Starscream and Ramjet? I'd assume even the parts they share have two separate master molds for each version.

And I like the Henkei colors better because they complement Classics Ramjet so well. The three are all a bit "showy" without overdoing it.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Clay

Post by Clay »

Shouldn't the Model T be in black?
Clay

Post by Clay »

Clay

Post by Clay »

unicron.com has a live photo feed going.

Looks like the Device Label toys will be getting a Hasbro release!
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

I see Thrust. That's Thrust? For, like, normal release? They're giving us Thrust?

Drift looks pretty cool. Definitely a different take on him, but you know who you're getting. Also pretty stoked about HA Jazz.

Seriously. Thrust. Though I never liked the VTOL engines just sitting on top of the wings. But that can be...er...fixed, with some engineering. And I'd be much more willing to try it on something I can pay $13 for.
Clay

Post by Clay »

stock photos of lots of new stuff at TFormers.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Okay, having calmed down a little...

I might might might hold out on Hubcap (who isn't a Model T, incidentally) as I think there's an outside chance of a Super Couper redeco.

Thrust and Drift are both so bought. The latter has come out really nicely, and a Boss redeco seems unlikely.

MP Grimlock is just excellent news - especially if King Grimlock's won out over Waiter Grimlock. Probably not going to use either, but if I have to have some superfluous accessory, I'd choose the thing one.

HA Jazz doesn't actually blow me away, still prefer my Premium Deluxe TBH.

Agree that Straxus isn't any great shales, but like you say, it's Straxus and if they're looking to the comics a bit for inspiration (seeing as we got King Grimlock and Drift too) maybe just maybe there's an Impactor down the line.

Legends Ravage = Yay to the extreme. Sod whatever it turns into.

Ironhide Deluxe looks every bit as terrible as the Ratchet one did. Talking of Ratchet, could someone please explain to me how that colour scheme works - black to hide him at night, but a bright green band so h's still visible... Huh?

New Voyager Prime is good as well - especially if this is the one that's coming out in Japan with dead Jetfire bits. Weird time for something like that to come out, though, with the ROTF version still kicking around...
BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

OK where is this new voyager prime at ? I have looked at these pictures, but honestly I dont see a new prime anywhere. Can someone help me out wit that, much thanks.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I'm being incredibly dense no doubt but can someone link directly to the Straxus toy as I can't spot him amongst the others? It would actually be really awesome if he were released just before (the pretty nifty looking) Drift toy to further undermine the whole "First ever toy based on the comics!" thing.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!