Enter at your own risk

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Scout

Enter at your own risk

Post by Scout »

:p Bleck. *Posts a contagion sign on her room door*
Okay, so- how do I share this stuff I've got with the evil doers of the world? I got nailed by a few bugs this last week. Granted, sharing is generally a good thing, but really- strep, a kidney infection and a respiratory infection all at once?
And I have parent teacher conferences the next two days to boot.
:glance: So who was so kind as to share this with me? And does anyone know how to "return to sender" it? I'd be happy to pack it off post haste. ;)
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Sorry... I just forwarded the package. If I'd realised it was from Addl, I'd have had it destroyed immediately...

Get well soon! Y'want a banana?
Redstreak
Protoform

Don't blame me...

Post by Redstreak »

I was healthy when I arrived and healthy when I left, so don't you guys think I had anything to do with this...
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Get well! Rest, eat some chicken soup, eat some fruit and sell the virus to Snake. I think he'll could put it to good use ;)

As for getting all those things simultaniously, that sucks....
Had any minor illnesses lately? Or stress? Can give a terrible blow to your health...
Risk
Protoform

Post by Risk »

Well i entered, cos I am Risk, hope you get well soon. Seems very harsh to et ll that at once.
God Of Gamblers
Scout

Post by Scout »

Firstly, hello Risk :) *waves* Pleased to meet you! You're a new face to me- hope I get to see more of you around.
Originally posted by Kickback
As for getting all those things simultaniously, that sucks....[/B]

Yes, it munches underripe lemons to infinity.
Eeesh - I can't believe I've been downed by bugs and not you or Bombers either. [/AWF]

*considers* Money would not be bad, but I fear what Snake might do with this virus. It's a powerhouse. ;)
As for stress... *starts laughing* What is stress? :D

Oh and- Bananas sound good Brend- I could use a-ppeal at the moment because I just don't look like I'm alive at all.
(do really bad puns get one banned?)
Some days having a metal body would just be a really good thing.

Aside from the hello, forgive this thread... I know not what I do... fevers have funny effects ya know.:p Truth is, can't believe I posted it in the first place.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Scout
(do really bad puns get one banned?) [/SIZE]

Yes
Risk
Protoform

Post by Risk »

Firstly, hello Risk :) *waves* Pleased to meet you! You're a new face to me- hope I get to see more of you around.

Hello Scout :) *waves back* I'll be here around a bit more than I have been before.

Did you really want to go to the parent teacher conferences?

Get well soon.
God Of Gamblers
Lady Auros
Protoform

Post by Lady Auros »

i hope you feel alot better really soon. i'm finding myself with a killer migraine this morning, and i hate being around anyone with this, much less my students!!!! :(

one of the downfalls of teaching i guess - you just have to deal and go on!! good luck with your conferences!!
Sonicron
Protoform

Post by Sonicron »

Originally posted by Lady Auros
...., and i hate being around anyone with this, much less my students!!!! :(

OMG I'm slowly getting the feeling I'm surrounded by teachers on this board........... :glance:
........ oops, I mean migraine is a pretty bad thing ! :p :D
"I'm not as think as you drunk I am, honesst, ossifer !!"
Scout

Post by Scout »

:glance: You're surrounded by teachers... yeah :D actually ya are Sonicron. Even with the distinct possibility of luring Denyer in here- I'll just make the comment that everyone's a teacher. Teaching doesn't need a paper. What do you teach? Humour, friendship, insaneness... emoticons? ;) Everyday we all learn something new from each other. There are a lot of Archivers that have/want the paper though.

Thanks for the well wishes- tonight's the last night of parent conferences and at least the fever is gone. Can't go back to school officially yet, but that leaves me time to do a little fun work for this place. :)
Sonicron
Protoform

Post by Sonicron »

:glance: You're surrounded by teachers... yeah :D actually ya are Sonicron. Even with the distinct possibility of luring Denyer in here- I'll just make the comment that everyone's a teacher. Teaching doesn't need a paper. What do you teach? Humour, friendship, insaneness... emoticons? ;) Everyday we all learn something new from each other. There are a lot of Archivers that have/want the paper though.

If you put it that way I guess teachers CAN be ok......... we ll at least some of em. ;) ......... still I don't see what I could teach others from my own experiance........
No wait I found some stuff :
- Eating the whole content of a filled fridge within an hour is bad for your stomach
- NEVER pee on an electric fence
- Only go hunting and shoot something if you know you can stand the smell of its intestines while ripping em out
- Drinking is good for you ! ..... well at least until the morning headache kicks in
- Make room for more flats - burn a school !! (NOT from own experiance :D )

....... I think I could be teacher at sarcasm if my jokes / way of humor wasn't that bad. :eyebrow:
"I'm not as think as you drunk I am, honesst, ossifer !!"
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Get well soon chica! :)

Blegh, spent most of the evening so far washing up cups during the prospective parents opening evening... as Zebedee was wont to say... boing! Time for bed...
The Plant
Protoform

Post by The Plant »

Sleep. Yessss, sleep is good. Good for what ails you, so tired. Take advice, get sleep. Warm milk. mmm....
Garand

Post by Garand »

(do really bad puns get one banned?)
**fires a warning shot in Scout's general direction**

Only horrible puns are allowed.. like Pun-3x...:D
Scout

Post by Scout »

Originally posted by Garand
**fires a warning shot in Scout's general direction**
Only horrible puns are allowed.. like Pun-3x...:D

*dodges* Gah--- Pun's a nice guy! If it weren't for him I wouldn't be playing in the rpg. :confused: Wait- maybe that was evil of him.... meh - you're frying my brain. :p
Ah Garand, you might be in yer territory now, but just wait until Botcon. ;) and I have..... the ultimate weapons!!! *holds up peanut butter cups* You know what havok these caused this past summer!

But Plant is right... sleep is good- at about 2 or 3 in the morning I think.
wasabi
Protoform

Post by wasabi »

Sorry that you're not feeling well Scout!

What can I say except drink lots of fluids, snooze as much as you can, and soak in long, hot bubblebaths...

Not sure if they sell it in your part of the states but ever heard of the homeopathic medicine Oscillococcinum made by Boiron? You take it at the very onslaught of the cold or flu - at the first signs of body aches, sore throat, etc. It's important that it's at the very beginning stage otherwise it doesn't work. But I will testify for it!!!! Saved my butt bunch of times including last month when my coworker came down with the flu. I started feeling sick two days before my Las Vegas vacation. Took the meds and held back the virus.... (and drank to my heart's content! Didn't win any money though!):p

I realize it's too late for the meds but thought it might be useful down the road since you're around kids all year long.... Take care!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Yes... get well soon!

Dunno if you've a cough or not, but...

... A big swig of that never hurt anyone... erm... it may have made them gag.... but... :glance: :D

"Buckley's... it tastes awful. And it works." :p
Scout

Post by Scout »

Oscillococcinum?
that deserves a little research. Buckleys .... scares me. It can't be as bad as cod liver oil though... can it? :confused:
Garand

Post by Garand »

but just wait until Botcon. ;) and I have..... the ultimate weapons!!! *holds up peanut butter cups* You know what havok these caused this past summer!
Botcon Saturday.. High Noon.. Reese's Penut Butter Cups minitures at 20 paces..