Dreamwave Confirms ongoing G1 series

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Brave Maximus

Dreamwave Confirms ongoing G1 series

Post by Brave Maximus »

I realize that alot of you get your news from other sites, well I'm going to tell it to you here.

According to sources that were at the Transformerscon in Ontario over the weekend. The Dreamwave Production Manager has stated that in the new year G1 will be given it's own on going series - this means no more 6 shot deals.
The artist will be Don Figueroa and written by Brad Mick.
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

Bombers is gonna kill you for getting this ahead of him...heh.

And some good news too. Is it fair to say then, that Volumes 1 and 2 were taster series?
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Nah. I think Dreamwave always wants one Ongoing TF series to be filled in with 6 parters. I think energons going to be a 6 or 2 - 6 parters and G1's going to pick up when Armada ends it's run.

I mean it's obvious hasbro's not planning for energon to be around for long, as it's only slated for 26 eps, so it won't take up too much Comic space.

Edit:
I seem to be catching the TF news before anyone else lately. Hummm kinda scary :D
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Wow, maybe Dollars Wanted will be forced to actually develop a storyline at a sensible pace. But how's Pat going to get money for his fleet of Rolls Royces if he hasn't got 472 different #1 covers to make? I see them and Dynamic Finances falling out over this...
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Lord Zarak
Bombers is gonna kill you for getting this ahead of him...heh.

I'm gonna do what now?
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

i only wonder how long it will last.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

As long as the nostalgia pop lasts and Transformers has fans who buy it.

I'm hopeing over 2 years. Then they might develope good stories and time lines
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Yeah but.... they spend pages on artwork and no dialogue. Just lets hope its similar to some of the great comic storylines.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Yes but maybe they've figured out you have to write a story before you do the artwork. it helps
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Well, I like what Brad Mick has done so far (admittedly going off of two issues, but if he keeps it up, it'll be awesome), so I think that's exciting. I'd really like to see Armada continue, though.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Well Unfortunaly Hasbro can't just keep one thing going anymore. So with the advent of Energon, Armada goes the way of the beasts
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

:(
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Nope I think it's more like this: :wall:

Anyway
Anything you guys would like to see from G1?
I'd love to see stories of what happened between seasons 2 and the movie
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I'm pretty sure that the on going series will just be a continuation of what happened in volumes 1 and 2, so the Movie will have never happened. I'm hopping a lot of the later Transformers can be introduced.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Originally posted by Brave Maximus
Anyway
Anything you guys would like to see from G1?
I'd love to see stories of what happened between seasons 2 and the movie

...which they almost certainly could not do for copyright reasons, methinks. I would expect them to fit it in the same continuity that they're builting with WWI and G1 V1&2. Which isn't a bad thing, since they would have a difficult time trying to shoehorn an indefinately running series into any established continuity.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

The only thing I see they can do is a new continuity. And only one, I hope they don't do separates: one for WWI, one for miniseries, one for ongoing. And I hope for good stories. And I hope I get to read 'em. :)
-Okay, the bomb's dropped. Life goes on. No amount of sulking or worrying changes that. We've got our own lives to live. In that regard, in five minutes time, I am using the autopilot on the Midnight Runner and taking it down the pub. If I go on my own, I go on my own.
-Well. Wait up, you horrible English git. While I'm around, you don't have to go anywhere on your own.
And, one by one, the others follow.
And, one by one, they begin to smile.
Almighty Galvatron
Protoform

Post by Almighty Galvatron »

there's only one thing to say about this news: BOOYAH!

just wish i could get my hands on the other stuff.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Although it might be asking for too much... I wouldn't mind if they kept putting out 6 issue miniseries along with the ongoing series. The ongoing series could take it from after volume 2, while the miniseries' could be about anything from War Within, to Beast Wars to RiD.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

I think that's the plan (been floating around their website and that seems to be the feeling)

G1 will be on going (yes more than likely with the continuity established by them [what I ment was, no jump from 1985 - 2010]) with miniseries covering whatever their hearts desires :D
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I can't see Dollars Wanted doing BW or RiD, as neither are "hardcore", "stylin'", "badass" or "#1 Diamond Sales Material", the four central concepts the company is bound by. Besides, I like BW... I don't want those cunts getting their hands on it.