TRANSFORMERS: Do you think I can sell my Whole Takara Reissue for $1500.00 on Ebay?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
cocorubs
Protoform

Do you think I can sell my Whole Takara Reissue for $1500.00 on Ebay? Should I?

Post by cocorubs »

I am NOT trying to advertise an ebay item.
I am just trying to get input on if it would be horribly bad idea, bad idea, good idea, or great idea.

Okay, I expect full flamation on this topic.

Do you think I should sell all of my Transformers on Ebay?

I am talking about:

Takara Reissues:

#0 ---- #14 All of them

Soundwave was the only one I opened, but and I put Overkill, that blue and white decepticon cassette (used) into the empty cassette case and packaged it back up. I never even touched Lasberbeak or Soundwave.

Optimus Prime's Box is a little torn, it came like that. Just one little tear.

One of Megatron's velcro pads got ripped off when I opened the front panel, but that can be glued back on.

I have never opened ANY of the boxes, with the exception of Soundwave. They are all 100% in Mint condition. Or as mint as can get.

Energon Orange Repaint of Unicron

Sell all 16 of those Transformers for $1500.00? Do you think anyone would actually bid on it? It would hardly cost anything to put it up, and if I even get one bid, it would be a huge profit. I paid around $900.00 (estimated figure).

Would that be a bad idea? I want your thoughts.

Thank you
What's the use?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

If you get rid of them, would you be leaving the fandom? [/neutral question]
cocorubs
Protoform

Post by cocorubs »

Ha Ha! If that's what you really want.

Actually, if I would get 1500.00 for them, I would buy them and then some more. Kind of like a way of getting more transformers for me. I would actually get some of the original ones. Especially some Original Gestaults. I love those.

If you really want me to leave it, I guess I have no choice but to do it. I come to these boards to read your opinions on Transformers. I love them to death, they are my favorite things on this earth, no lie. I am one of the biggest fans of tranformers on this site.

Knowing that no one would want me will just break me, and I am serious about that.

Okay, now let's stick to the opinionated question at hand.

:( :( :(
What's the use?
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Dude, D's kidding. It's okay.

I'm skeptical of whether anyone would want to spend that much, considering that a lot of those figures are still available and that they could get all of those Transformers (loose) and a lot more with that amount of cash. Plus, your bidding candidates would be limited by who has that much money to spend on toys.

I'd say that if you have to sell them, wait a while. A long while.
Flec's selling a lot of RID, Armada, and Energon, and a few G1 toys. 'S all I'm sayin'.
The TFArchive RPG - "the most popular part of the site[!]" - Skywarp. Darn tootin'.
cocorubs
Protoform

Post by cocorubs »

Yeah, but it wouldn't hurt to try. I mean, it doesn't cost hardly anything, maybe 1.29 to put up the ad on ebay, and just see. If I do get a bite, then yay.

Who knows how many rich people are out there who don't care about the money. Shoot, I never knew about Takara Reissues, much less Hasbro Reissues till I visited this board.

I guess I would just like to see, and if it happens, I can get something. If I wait, I might not be able to get those reissues again. They might stop selling them in a couple of years.

Megatron, for me, was a little hard to find about 3 months ago. I had to wait 3 months for the darn thing to ship!

Anyhow, any more opinions?

How much should shipping cost on that? I would also include Thundercracker Hasbro Reissue and Prowl Hasbro Reissue.
What's the use?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by cocorubs
maybe 1.29 to put up the ad on ebay
Slightly more, but the final value fee is a bit bigger...

Be very careful with payment services, and have an existing eBay account in good standing (50-100 feedback), because few legitimate buyers would chance a large purchase from a newly registered seller.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

not worth it for a number of reasons too high a lot and timing not right. reissues arent worth that much markup.....individually probably be easier.....
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Considering most online places charge $30-35 (with some, such as Smokescreen not going for very much at all) a piece for most reissues, I don't think you'd get half that. Unicron was $50 when it first came out, but there are places, where it's been knocked down to about $25.
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

WAIT A MINUTE....................just wait one friggin minute..........you mean to tell me that after all the questions, comments, free advice we gave you since you have been here......(not to mention the patience we show you and endurance we have to go through to read your posts without self mutilating our selves) YOU ARE GONNA SELL THEM ALL???????????

dude. not funny.

~happiness is a warm gun~
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
Xille
Protoform

Post by Xille »

I read the thread title and my jaw honestly dropped.

I can't imagine anyone paying that much.
Artwork by Jackpot, sig by Denyer. Both of them are awesome!
Click the sig to go to Jackpot's site.
Unicron

Re: Do you think I can sell my Whole Takara Reissue for $1500.00 on Ebay? Should I?

Post by Unicron »

Originally posted by cocorubs
Energon Orange Repaint of Unicron

I still don't get why he thinks its a repaint. I don't know how many times in other threads people have said that its not a repaint, its leftover Armada Unicrons stuffed into Energon boxes in an attempt to get rid of them.

There's no way he's gonna be able to sell everything for $1500. I'd be surprised if he ended up getting much more than $500 or $600.

Oh and Paladin, Target has Unicron down to $20 now. Not just a few stores, all of em.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah, I really should've waited about 6 months for him . . .
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

What the hell, go for it.

A sucker is born everyday.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Hey, I'd buy em.*

*Payment mailed upon delivery.
cocorubs
Protoform

Post by cocorubs »

It does not hurt at all to try to do it.

How much can a money order possible be? Can it be 1500.00 or more? Or will he have to pay it by multiple money orders which add up to 1500.00, assuming anyone would bid on it?

Should I put it in Transformers Mixed Lots in that ebay category?

This is just a tryout. If I actually sell them for that much, great, if not, great. I am happy either way. If I do sell them, then I will just buy them back with a profit so I can buy more of them.

Anyhow, what kind of payments should I accept for that amount of money? Definitely not check. But If someone would actually send me a money order of that much, I will definitely cash them or deposit them, then send the items. I am not stupid.

Any other methods of payments?
Any other advice. I am trying this for the heck of it. Again, all of your knowledge and hours of posts have not gone to waste. I will definite buy them back if they get sold, just for a lot cheaper.

Thanks
What's the use?
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

hang on
so after all this
al that whining complaining uming and ahing
shall i not or shall i take them from the box
you are going to sell them ?

what exactly brought that up
and if you think you can get 1500 for that haul id have to say you are mad
even if they are un opend and pristine they are used you can never sell them for new value only less
they are still being produced and for considerably less offerd
you are lucky to break even
let alone make a profit
but if you think you can sell that haul for 1500
by al means go ahead

a brain donor is born every minute
look at me i am repleying to a thread by one
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

yeha if you got them for the price that you did whos to stop other people?
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
cocorubs
Protoform

Post by cocorubs »

All I am saying is that I never knew I could get Transformers from Japan. takara line. Some people might not know this.

I am just talking a chance on something, that's it. There might be a rich person out there who actually would buy it. Slim as it may be. Wouldn't it be kind of fun just to see.

I definitely will buy them all back cheaper somewhere else.

What brought this up?

I have a doctor's appointment next Wednesday. Who knows, I have bump on my head. They think it's a cyst. Could it be cancerous? Rarely, but it's possible. I am worried. I have insurance, but extra money could come in handy. I am scared, ok! Oh, and I hate needles. I have to get blood work for high blood pressure.

Anyhow, now that I told you about my life this week and next. I just want to have a little fun and see if I can get something more, so that I will have a little money. I will not sell them for any amount less than what I bought them for.

Well, hope you got your kicks out of me.
What's the use?
Xille
Protoform

Post by Xille »

Make sure you set the reserve at 1500. If you don't, I think you almost have to accept what happens or get some really negative feedback.

Good luck with your doctors appointment, 'Rubs. Needles do suck, but you just have to remember that it only lasts about half a second and the hard part is over. I think I speak for everyone here when I say that I hope it isn't cancerous and that everything goes well.

Maybe taking it out will straighten you out ;). Good luck again, both with the auction and the doctor's appointment.
cocorubs
Protoform

Post by cocorubs »

Thank you very much.

I will set the starting bid at $1500.00
I don't know why people put reserves on an item. Just put the starting bid up and let them know at first. I don't want to play around with people. I always hated when I would bid and it says: "you didn't meet the reserve." I always asked myself, why not just put the price you want so we know.

But, again, thank you very much. I am sure it will be all right, I just can't stand needles. Actually the fear of them is the worse pain. Shoot, even a finger prick for High Blood Pressure Tests that I have to do, make me nervous. Oh, well.

Thank you for your support.
What's the use?