Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
zigzagger

Transformers: Bumblebee #1 Preview

Post by zigzagger »

Transformers: Bumblebee #1 six page preview @ previewsworld.com

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Not too bad. Points for letting Omega Supreme have some dialogue other than "I AM OMEGA SUPREME." The banter between him and Bee is rather nice to read. Wheeljack seem nice too, showing that not all who remained with 'Bee like him.

Skywarp's rather odd, IMO. So since he's leaderless, he's stockpiling bombs? Okay, not the worst thing we've seen.

The art's back to normal, I guess. A contrast to Figueroa's new facial makeovers. Which is good in showing us emotions. Never liked Don's redesign of 'Bee's face, all due respect.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Why is this a mini and not the story of the main book? It seems as though the interesting plot strands (Last Stand of the Wreckers, Bumblebee being voted into authority) are being put into side books in favour of a Dreamwave-esque approach to the core title; wacky art, wacky characterisation, cartoony "the humans have built manga battle-suits" devices, etc.

I might pre-order this, based on the likeable style here. Not getting my hopes up after the way pay-off for the first fifty issues was fumbled and switched for AHM, though.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Denyer wrote:Why is this a mini and not the story of the main book?
Becuase this way they can (theoretically) sell you two books instead of one. The approach worked really well for the mini-series and spotlights before, after all.

Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Artworks really nice but its silly that they dont carry some kind of consistency to the main books face - regardless of fan backlash.

Hard to get a feel for the story. The skywarp thing seems a bit silly, especially as skywarp departed with the other cons at the end of AHM (granted, he could have come back, but why?) Also found it odd that he's stockpiling human weapons when they were so inefficient in AHM.

And yeah, this feels too close to the main plot for a different book. Last stand of the wreckers takes place off earth and has a seperate cast. This surely could have been woven in? Course, we'll know more come ongoing #3.
minimus-minor

Post by minimus-minor »

I agree with you.I haven't got ongoing #2 yet so I don't know much about this, but I think BB looks very promising. Though Chee's inconsistent robot mode designs annoy slightly. Moose Baumann does a very good job on the colors -- but why have the colorists changed Wheeljack's sides to yellow glow? And while Chee's art is not the best I've seen, I think the pages are done very well. :swirly:

Skywarp's prescence is strange but not totally out of order; we don't know what he did after blasting TC, and we didn't see him aboard Astrotrain in AHM #13. Maybe he's guilty at blasting his bro and is staying here to somehow punish himself or something :confused:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Cliffjumper wrote:Becuase this way they can (theoretically) sell you two books instead of one. The approach worked really well for the mini-series and spotlights before, after all.
Holy ****, I'm Bombshell, aren't I? Why the Hell didn't anyone stop this? With a bullet if nothing else was possible. Jesus.

Sorry, everyone.