knockoffs- only i aint ticked this time...

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
*BARRAGE*

knockoffs- only i aint ticked this time...

Post by *BARRAGE* »

at a local "BIG LOTS" store- i found some really interesting knock offs- supersized figures with plastic that isn't entirely crap and a couple KOs that are mini sized

supersized KOs (ok plastic- packaging has picture of BM cheetor-10$)

scout class transmetal rattrap (apx 1 foot tall)
scout class transmetal rattrap (purple and red color- same size)
deluxe class beast machines primal (apx 1 foot tall)
machine wars megatron/skywarp/x-gunner jet (now deluxe size)
machine wars mirage (also deluxe size)
beast wars megatron dragon (foot and a half apx)
...that little racoon clock thing from beast wars two i think- it's ackulas avatar... he's rattraps size

crap plastic

megatron dragon (black coloration- same size)
BM primal (red and yellow coloration- same size)
machine wars megatron/skywarp jet (different colorations, same size)

mini KOs (poor looking plastic all around- in black "super robo soldier" box- 6$)

g2 devastator colors (packaged formed up- apx five inches tall)
all black coloration of bruticus (apx 5 inches tall)
machine wars x-gunner (minicon size)

and general KOs (assorted price and quality)

a bunch of gobot insect robots (dragonfly, beetle, grass hopper, and another bug)
some dinobot looking guys (g1 style- but really bad plastic- worst of all)
and a bunch of regular rattrap figure KOs- machine wars figures (almost all the planes, no good colorations- we're talking brown on orange/blue on chartruese)
and a bunch of smaller than normal size armada prime alternates- some with tow lines, dump truck kinda thing, and no normal truck- all humorously with stickers that say either "Optimus Machine" or "vehicle prime" or some variation of those...

also some robotech KO's apx 1 foot to 1 foot and 1/2 tall
and some gundam 12 inch figures (deathscythe hell- but the one i found was busted already and a wing zero i believe)

if i didn't need the money for christmas gifts- i would have bought some of them (giant dragon, the robotech jet and the x gunner supersize, and mini devastator- maybe transmetal rattrap- really want that dragon)

sorry for a huge post- but if you got a big lots nearby- take a look...
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I'll be taking a trip to Big Lots tomorrow after work! If my health will allow it...I've had the damn strep throat for days now ... :yawn:
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I go to Big Lots all the time. Now I'm the proud owner of a few anime DVDs, a KO Mixmaster, a KO Scrapper, a KO Hook, and a KO Scavenger with a broken leg. Moral: Don't buy $1.50 KO Constructicons!
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

Originally posted by Sunstreaker2
Moral: Don't buy $1.50 KO Constructicons!

LMAO...
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
martyboy70

Ko Menasor

Post by martyboy70 »

Hope someone can help.
Didn't want to start a new thread so as this is the most recent KO thread I need some advice (hopefully in the next hour)
I just noticed a KO Menasor ending soon on Ebay and its at a BIN price I would pay if this works.
Do the feet,fists,head etc work with real G1 Stunticons as I got them cheap and now face paying more than I paid for the 4 cars and most of their weapons and a Motormaster with just his gun for the bits to complete Menasor.
The cost of the KO is cheaper than I have seen a set of Menasor parts go for so if someone has experience of these definitely working then please let me know.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Be prepared to either fill them out (eg, with coats of clear nail varnish) or rub them down a bit. There are so many KOs out there it's something of a lottery. I'd certainly go for this option as long as the KO was cheap -- assuming I collected combiners...

Make sure the auction's not for a reduced size version, which are quite common.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Looked further into this and it was one of the smaller sized versions so gave it a miss.
I think I will end up going down this route but have heard the plastic on these is crap so would the feet be up to the job of supporting my metal chest Stunticons?
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

You know what? I've seen a lot of KO Menasors with incorrect legs. Instead of having Wildrider and Dead End, they have a drill robot and a strange bike robot. Anyone else notice this?
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

Yes, they're two Technobots knockoffs. Why they got mixed in the set, I don't know, but I've also seen a Terrorcons set with some interlopers too :)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, IIRC for some reason the bootleggers stuck on two Technobots, Afterburner
and Nosecone. I'm 99% sure there was a sorted Menasor KO with all the right bits, but "Menastron" seems to be much more common.

And yeh, the combiner parts do need a little work usually, though it does vary according to boot. From my experiences:
- For chest plastes and the like, the plastic's usually pliable enough that it can take any small differences in size.
- Fist/feet usually need a layer of sellotape (or better still, that clear Scotch stuff) to fit snuggly.
- Helmet-style heads (Superion, Bruticus) may need minor hollowing-out work. This can be a bit tricky - while the plastic's soft enough that it's easily to scrape out with an art knife, you have to be careful not to do too much so the head wobbles around. And you have to be careful jamming the thing on so it doesn't damage the paint apps of your G1 combiner leader's head.

Rule of thumb, though (again, from my experiences only) is that if it looks about right, it can generally be worked with.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I'm guessing this would fall under the heading of more KO goodness....

Also under the Quick Change line(the same line that's given us Protectobot, Aerialbot, and the 5 inch tall Devastator KOs) is what I found at a couple of local Family Dollar stores(I'm hoping they aren't the only stores to get these): RM knockoffs.

I am now the proud owner of a KO Victory Saber(which is the box art for all three of the two-packs). The other two packs are RM Delta Seeker/X-Gunner and RM Doubleface/Road Rocket.

I would have gotten them too, if I wasn't so strapped for cash.....
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

I got the Victory Saber too. Gave the Leo to my brother, put the Star Saber on my random bits shelf. Plastic's rather good, filed the sword down so it didn't snap though.
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

the only KOs i see at my dollar stores are lil' yellow optimus primes... but they don't even look worth the dollar to me... i have only seen a large assembly of KOs at big lots, i bought the giant dragon megatron and had to switch itwith a new one... it broke when i tried to transform it, and the the next one broke (same place as before) so i just got my money back and went home... good thing my KO policy is to try it in the car to make sure i don't waste a trip...

they are almost out of the KOs though... so i bought a 25th anniversary Serpentor at the Meijer down the street (it's a local store chain)... just want red ninja, snake eyes, storm shadow and cobra commander... maybe shipwreck...
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I had to trim some flash out of Star Saber's right hand and the connector holes for Victory Saber's "boots".

Should the sword be able to stay in the slot on his back, edge on? I can't get mine to stay. Although flipping the handle down, the post on the side of it will go into the hole.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642