IDW June 2011 Transformers Solicitations

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Grayfox
Protoform

IDW June 2011 Transformers Solicitations

Post by Grayfox »

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ns-171728/
100 Penny Press: Transformers Classics #1
Bill Mantlo, Ralph Macchio (w) • Frank Springer, Kim DeMulder (a) • Bill Sienkiewicz (c)
Check out where it all started, before it was the massive movie-spawning franchise it is today! After saving their own world from a celestial catastrophe, the Autobots and Decepticons have crashed landed on Earth. Each side sets out to explore their new surroundings, seeking resources and, possibly, allies. Don't miss the issue that started it all!
FC • 32 pages • $1.00
*Check out our massive list of Transformers books being offered again in 2 pages!

Transformers: Heart of Darkness #4 (of 4)
Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning(w) • Ulises Farinas (a) • Farinas, Casey Coller, Livio Ramondelli (c)
THE ROAD TO “CHAOS” ENDS HERE! With his army assembled, Galvatron is ready to take the Heart of Darkness back to Cybertron. But first, he must now face down the ultimate threat, a force of unimaginable power and overwhelming darkness. Will Galvatron stand strong or will he bend to the will of inescapable evil? HoD leads directly into “CHAOS”—the first-ever TRANSFORMERS event book from IDW!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1-to-1 ratio.
Lead-in to TRANSFORMERS: CHAOS!
Variant cover by TRANSFORMERS: CHAOS artist Livio Ramondelli! Be the first to see his awesome artwork on a book!

Transformers # 20
Mike Costa (w) • Guido Guidi (a) • Marcelo Matere, Guido Guidi (c)
Through a series of misunderstandings, Rodimus and his two strange new partners arrive on a planet we haven't visited in a long time, and meet a few other 'bots everyone thought were lost forever. Those are a lot of vague words, because this issue has a TON of surprises. Check them out in SPACE OPERA Part 2.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.
Prelude to TRANSFORMERS: CHAOS! It all starts here!
Art by fan-favorite Guido Guidi!

Transformers 3: Movie Adaptation #1 (of 4)
John Barber (w) • Jorge Jimenez Moreno (a & c)
TRANSFORMERS 3: DARK OF THE MOON is geared up to be the biggest blockbuster of the decade, and this beautifully illustrated adaptation of the story is the best place to live and re-live the adventure! Join your favorite heroes: OPTIMUS PRIME and BUMBLEBEE as they face off against the most wretched villains: MEGATRON and STARSCREAM and thrill at the new adventure that will have people talking for years to come!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers 3: Movie Adaptation #2 (of 4)
The adventure continues as the TRANSFORMERS 3: DARK OF THE MOON adaptation throttles on!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers 3: Movie Adaptation #3 (of 4)
The adventure continues as the TRANSFORMERS 3: DARK OF THE MOON adaptation throttles on!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers 3: Movie Adaptation #4 (of 4)
The adventure concludes as the TRANSFORMERS 3: DARK OF THE MOON adaptation reaches its thrilling finale!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers Prime, Vol. 3
Joseph Kuhr (w) • Various (a & c)
Trouble between the AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS continues as both sides find themselves in old situations but on new turf. Can OPTIMUS PRIME and his team disrupt the destructive plans that MEGATRON is about to unleash upon Earth?
TPB • FC • $7.99 • 104 Pages • 5” x 7” • ISBN: 978-1-60010-960-7
• TRANSFORMERS action jumps from the TV to the comics page!

Transformers Classics, Vol. 1
Bob Budiansky, Bill Mantlo, Ralph Macchio, Jim Salicrup (w) • Frank Springer, Alan Kupperberg, William Johnson, Mike Manley, Ricardo Villamonte, Herb Trimpe, Don Perlin (a) • Guido Guidi (c)
Relive the original Transformers stories that started it all—now re-mastered and re-presented! Pulling from the original '80s Marvel material, this first volume offers some of the most beloved stories from TRANSFORMERS' history, including the seminal "Car Wash of Doom," "Crater Critters," "Warrior School!" and many others in their entirety.
TPB • FC • $24.99 • 276 Pages • ISBN: 978-1-60010-935-5
Now re-mastered and re-collected!

Transformers: The Complete All Hail Megatron
Shane McCarthy, Simon Furman, Andy Schmidt, Nick Roche, Mike Costa, Josh Van Rekk, Shaun Knowler (w) • Guido Guidi, Casey Coller, E.J Su, Robert Deas, Emiliano Santalucia, Don Figueroa, Andrew Griffith, Nick Roche, Robbie Musso, Marcelo Matere (a) • Trevor Hutchison (c)
The DECEPTICONS have won, the AUTOBOTS are defeated, and the time for conquest is at hand! After finally succeeding in defeating the AUTOBOTS, the DECEPTICONS set about ruling our planet with an iron fist. Their forces invade and control New York City where, before long, they manage to cripple the United States. It's a war between the armed forces of the United States of America and a giant species of technologically advanced killing machines—a war that suddenly becomes incredibly one-sided! That is, unless the AUTOBOTS can muster their ranks and come to humanity’s aid. But the way things are going on Earth, nothing short of a miracle will save the planet from utter extinction!
HC • FC • $75.00 • 492 Pages • 7x11 • ISBN: 978-1-60010-955-3
This special edition collects the entire four-volume series!
Book designed by and featuring new cover art from Trevor Hutchison.
After almost year and a half since ongoing started, G1 IDWverse finally starts to look interesting. Hope they will reveal more about this Chaos event soon.
Bucquoy

Post by Bucquoy »

Smells like Unicron, though I hope I'm wrong. Something surprising would be nice.
adamtrion
Protoform

Post by adamtrion »

It seems IDW decided to republish TF: Generation as TF: Classic vol.1 - why? is it a test run before they republish a remastered Classic TF trades?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

adamtrion wrote:It seems IDW decided to republish TF: Generation as TF: Classic vol.1 - why? is it a test run before they republish a remastered Classic TF trades?
Generations didn't include the first issue.
Traster
Protoform

Post by Traster »

thanks for interesting information)
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Bucquoy wrote:Smells like Unicron, though I hope I'm wrong. Something surprising would be nice.
Well, the upcoming summer arc's going to be called Chaos Theory, so you're probably right. There's a whole acrticle on it over at Seibertron. For your convienence, I'll quote it here:
Big events are coming for IDW and Transformers. Forget All Hail Megatron. Forget INFESTATION. What they have planned is total 'Chaos' (my words not theirs)! Starting this summer with Transformers Ongoing Issue #21, IDW comics plan to launch a huge event in the Transformers generation one comics universe. Set to become a bi-weekly comic starting in July, Transformers fans are in for what sounds like a great summer blitz of bot goodness.

Are you tired of the current ongoing Transformers not referencing past issues and events like MEGATRON: ORIGINS, and Simon Furman’s story arc that started it all for IDW and Transformers? Be ready to have those concerns addressed as the Transformers comics continue from Summer 2011 to the end of the year.

Starting out with ‘Chaos Theory’, and continuing into ‘Chaos’ one can only imagine what that will mean for our ever changing adventurers.

In the middle of all the chaos will also be a story arc called ‘The Last Earth Story’. Yes, you read that correctly.

Check out the full release schedule news'd here, last night!

If that doesn’t get you psyched for where Transformers is headed, maybe a bit of the art below will help convince you. Besides regulars like Alex Milne, James Roberts, Mike Costa, and Guido Guidi contributing to the creation of the Transformers story and art, IDW welcomes two new members to the fold to take on some of the art chores. Brendan Cahill and Livio Ramondelli make their mark on Transformers as they help continue the chaos.
And the sollicitations for it:
JULY 2011
Transformers # 21: Prelude to Chaos
Written by Mike Costa, art by Guido Guidi and Brendan Cahill.

Transformers # 22: Chaos Theory Part 1
Written by James Roberts, art by Alex Milne.

AUGUST 2011
Transformers # 23: Chaos Theory Part 2
Written by James Roberts, art by Alex Milne.

Transformers # 24: Chaos Part 1
Story by Mike Costa and James Roberts, art by Livio Ramondelli.

SEPTEMBER 2011
Transformers # 25: The Last Earth Story Part 1
Written by Mike Costa, art by Brendan Cahill.

Transformers # 26: Chaos Part 2

OCTOBER 2011
Transformers # 27: The Last Earth Story Part 2

Transformers # 28: Chaos Part 3

NOVEMBER 2011
Transformers # 29: The Last Earth Story Part 3

Transformers # 30: Chaos Part 4

DECEMBER 2011
Transformers # 31: Chaos Epilogue
Written by Mike Costa, art by Casey Coller.

Transformers # 125: ENCRYPTED
Written by ENCRYPTED, art by ENCRYPTED
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Heard it all. Yawn. BIG EVENT OF TEH YEAR. We have a Prime series? -unenthusiastic yay- Heart of Darkness? -unenthusiastic yay- bimonthly ongoing -groaaan-

Last Earth Story? Bull crap. Unless they blew up Earth or something we'll be returning there in a couple of months.

As I feared, 'by Mike Costa and James Roberts'. Probably Mike Costa shoves a plot draft at Roberts and forces him to write a good script for him because he can't be arsed to do one.

What the heck is ENCRYPTED ENCRYPTED ENCRYPTED at the end?
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

It means, you're not allowed to know. 3 times even :p

Maybe they're returning to the original numbering or something? Like Marvel does with their comics. :confused:
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

We can forget AHM? Yay!

They really need to make their minds up how much they're going to reference older stories, flim flaming between the scorched Earth policy and direct sequels isn't going to make anyone who wants either happy.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Issue 125 sounds mighty ominous. The end for IDW's TF comics or is that too dramatic? I can't imagine IDW would give up the license willingly. It's too much of a money maker for that.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Can anyone explain to me why that cover depicts Arcee as Galvatron's whore?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Possibly a half-arsed homage to a Marvel or DC cover?

Dunno... Conan the Barbarian?

It's probably ****-all to do with the contents of the issue, but is at least one reason I won't be picking up the singles, just in case.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Fiver on an "Images of Tomorrow" syle 'future shock' here. It's plainly just attention seeking meant to have us all bubbling away going "OMFG! IT'S SO SECRET THEY HAVE TO ENCRYPT IT!!!" when more in-depth solicits and previews will give everything away by June and no-one really cares anyway. I mean, it's IDW - what's it going to be that's so exciting? Are they going to melodramatically blow up their own continuity that no-one takes seriously anymore?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Or the issue number might just be a typo. Anyone remember Thrift?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Grayfox
Protoform

Post by Grayfox »

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ind/21239/

Brendan Cahill's cover for issue #22 Cover:

And Livio's cover for Ongoing #24 Cover:

Besides regulars like Alex Milne, James Roberts, Mike Costa, and Guido Guidi contributing to the creation of the Transformers story and art, IDW welcomes two new members to the fold to take on some of the art chores. Brendan Cahill and Livio Ramondelli make their mark on Transformers as they help continue the chaos. Check out a shot of each of the new creator's work below.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Maybe Bob Budiansky's going to write an issue :p
Aspiring DJ!
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

Why does Bumblebee have a walking stick?
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Wildrider wrote:Why does Bumblebee have a walking stick?
From his assassination attempt and recovery?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Why (and this applies to IDW in general) have all the Transformers have their eyes replaced by high-wattage halogen security lights? Who thinks that actually looks good?

Covers look neat, but art's never really been the problem - Don Figueroa aside.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

The problem with reading this is it looks like the all-new, all-conquering Megatron is to be consigned to the sidelines (or worse). Kinda takes the sting out of the current plot line.

I really should stay away from this type of thread. IDWs Transformers is, like wrestling, a guilty pleasure of mine. I know it's often rubbish by other comic book standards but I do enjoy picking up a new issue every now and again. Maybe its nostalgia or something.