[Original RPG] Underwater expedition

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Rock
Protoform

Underwater expedition

Post by Rock »

In the waters of prehistoric earth, sea life goes about their daily routines as unusual looking visitors makes thier way through, he is Depth Charge, the Maximals' Underwater Forces commander, who today is displeased with assignment from Optimus Primal which is fairly common as he'd rather look through his databank of Cybertronian War strategies, he finds the destination he was sent to search, the Axalon, or its remains rather, not much had been left of it since it was sent into the water by Rampage and the former ship itself had fallen to another depth in a recent encouter for the ship's security system console. Depth Charge ceases his approach and goes into robot as does his trailing young charge Cybershark who despite his youth has been involved in the Beast Wars 2 years prior to Depth Charge's arrival.

Depth Charge: "Arms ready, 'Shark, Rampage or any other pred could be hanging around here"
Cybershark: "Really, you sure you're not just itching for another go around with "th' crab?"
Depth Charge: "Thats my issue, "X" is a slick, twisted, slag for logic reject who'd do anything to further get under my shell, approach with caution"
Cybershark: "Sure, boss"

They approach and enter the remains of the Axalon

Cybershark: "What did Optimal want us to find in here anyways?"
Depth Charge: "Security monitors, he gets on my nerves, talked to me like I know my way around this dump when it was his base before I got here" (Depth Charge's wings scrape against the walls)
Cybershark: (seeing the walls get scraped by D.C.'s wings) "one things for sure, you wouldn't fit in here"
Depth Charge: "I hope if you're ever caught, you make Megatron laugh hard enough from your jokes to where you can escape without being noticed (Depth Charge reaches up), heres the hatch (opens it and 4 monitors slowly float downwards)
Cybershark: "Not too hard, hope we can go now"
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

what is he doing in there....does he think he can hide from ME? But why does he go in there, surely his sensors must see me......ah yes, his fear....Starbase Rugby...it's too much for him, he fears me, and that fear will lead, TO HIS DEATH

Rampage transformed to his tank mode.

"Come out come out, wherever you are, not that it matters to me, it'll just mean more mess to clean up, BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA, for your maximal friends..."

Rampage opened fire on the sunken maximal base with ferocity and firepower rivalled by none ripping apart the axalon...
Clairiant

Post by Clairiant »

Meanwhile, back on the surface.....

Blackarachnia sat in the jungle just beyond the edge of the water, watching for a stupid Maximal to fly into her net. A creepy little chuckle escaped the spider as she saw a flying cat circling above the water....

Cheetor watched the water below him, waiting for Depthcharge and Cybershark to return from their mission. "Why did Optimus tell me to watch these two? This is a dumb assignment..." Suddenly, he saw some explosions. "What the...." Suddenly realizing what was going on, Cheetor nearly dropped out of the sky. "Oh, man! I have to go get help!" Cheetor spun around, and started to fly back to the base. Of course, he doesn't get very far, as he ran right into Blackarachnia's net.
Computron

Post by Computron »

"hey sugarbot, what ya up too" came a voice from behind Black Arachnia, "Fishing for Maxies I see, Mind if I join in and kick some Maxie butt?"

"Quickstrike, TERRORISE!!" and with that the Fuzor transformed into his robot mode, lifted his right arm and fired at Cheetor missing him and cutting through several parts of Black Arachnias web, accidentally freeing Cheetor in the process.

"So ya wanna go one on one with me hey Maxie, So be it" and with that he ran to cheetor screaming a battle cry
StoneCold Skywarp

"WHAT IS IT MAXIMAL, SCARED TO FIGHT?" cried Rampage as his attack continued on the axalon.

why doesn't he retaliate, what's stopping him, I came here for a fight, not to bury the miserable piece of slag under this ship, ARGH, if he won't come to me, I'll have to go in closer, for ... the ... KILL

"Rampage TERRORISE" cried the crazed crustation.

Rampage moved through the water with the speed of a shark stalking it's prey. Moving in for the kill, he saw movement from inside the debris of the axalon.

"Full power to weapons"

Rampage continued to move toward the axalon...
Clairiant

Post by Clairiant »

Blackaranchia glared at Quickstrike. "Megatron told me to bring him back alive, you idiot!" Cheetor, now free, saw the spider and the Fuzor. "Oh, man! A whole lot of Preds! I'd better get some back-up!" The flying cat-bot wheeled off towards the Maximal base, while Blackarachnia yelled at Quickstrike. "You idiot! If you hadn't shot my net we'd've had a prisoner for Megatron!"
Computron

Post by Computron »

"Megatron know others are idiots can always trust Waspinator" said waspinator rather proud that he had been sent on this mission to make sure others don't fail

In the distance Waspinator say some gun fire "Waspinator think he will hide over here till the battle is over, that way Waspinator no get slagged as ussual" and with that Waspinator hid behind an overhang on a mountain

Suddenly the shooting had stopped and feeling a bit braver Waspinator transformed and looked around the overhang. Seeing nothing he ventured out a bit further and before he could do anything was hit by a flying transformer. Crashing to the ground Waspinator separated on impact and as ussual started to pull himself together but he soon heard a ussual voice

"Excelent, you serve the Royalty well Waspinator, he will be pleased you have gotten this"
Clairiant

Post by Clairiant »

Cheetor sped towards the base. This is bad...Preds at the sunken base....Oh, man.... While he flew, Blaackarachnia stalked away from Quickstrike, towards where Waspinator and Inferno were. "What are you two doing here?" she demanded. "If you were here to make sure I didn't fail, take out the punishment on that stupid scorpion-snake back there!" Stalking away from them, she looked at the torn apart Waspinator. "Pull yourself together!"
Philcom
Protoform

Post by Philcom »

Optimal Optimus inside the base was busy playing chess with Rhinox. Optimus wasn't doing that well however, but it felt good to do something other than battle Megatron. "You know Depth Charge and Rampage should be done by now. Or at least Cheetoer should have reported." Optimus said moving a pawn up one space.

Rhinok moved his rook up and took Optimus's queen. "Oh, you just worry too much. I'm sure the minute there's trouble Cheetor would have called you. And there's no jamming zones near Cheetor's location, so no worries."

Optimus finally noticed Rhinok took his queen, he glared at him for a moment and continued. "I guess your right. Checkmate."

Rhinok couldn't be more surprized, "You sneaky devil! What a statagy, making me believe you weren't paying attention to the game. I'll get you next time!"

Optimus left the game and laughed.
Clairiant

Post by Clairiant »

Just then, Cheetor flew in. "Preds at the Sunken baaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeee!" Of course, he missed the brakes, and flew into a wall.....*THWAP!* Sliding down the wall, Cheetor tried it again. "There are Preds all over that sunken base. I got caught in one of Arachnia's webs, till some idiot blasted me free. I got out there in a hurry....Oh, yeah, someone attacked Depthcharge and Cybershark!"
Philcom
Protoform

Post by Philcom »

Optimal Optimus squinted when Cheetor came crashing in, knocking over various equiptment boxes. Optimus looked over at the hurried cat. "Depth Charge and Cybershark, huh? Well, weather they want it or not thry're getting back up! Optimus Primal Maximize!" Optimal Optimus transformed into his massive jet mode and flew off to assist the Maximals in need.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

As Rampage moves in on Depth Charge and Cybershark, Depth Charge suddenly knocks the debris out of the way and raises himself to where he could move about freely.

"You've gotten in the way for the last time, X. You're going down!"

Depth Charge simoutaniously fires two shots from his gun and from his chest.
StoneCold Skywarp

the shots land either side of Rampage, one hits him square in the chest.

"That.....hurt......fortunately I feed on pain, yours will nourish my systems for cycles to come BWAAHAHAHAHAHAAHA"

Rampage lifted himself off the sea-bed and looked at the scorch marks on his chest.

"YOU FOOL, you realise the penalty is death, and a painful, slow one at that..."

Rampage picked up his gattling cannon and fired several rounds toward Depth Charge.

"DIE MISERABLE MAXIMAL SCUM, DDDIIIIIIIEEEEE"
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Depth Charge avoided Rampage's onslaught as best he could. He was making his way to the ocean floor where there was more room for cover. He was hit in the leg and in the shoulder before he made it to cover. A quick systems check told him that the shots only knicked him at that he was still fully operational.

The second Rampage stopped to see if he had finished the job, Depth Charge got out from the rock and started firing his gun in his mortal enemy's direction.

"If you love pain, you're gonna love this!"
StoneCold Skywarp

Most of the rounds Depth Charge fired struck Rampage.

systems report

His internal computer replied .. "damage minimal"

miserable hunter thinks he's behind that rock, not only does he not realise he's the hunted, he doesn't realise he's....not.....safe

Rampage transformed to his tank mode and continued to fire on Depth Charge's position...
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Depth Charge knew he had to move. Rampage's shots in tank mode were slowly wearing down the rock he was hiding behind. He flirted with the idea of heading back to the sunken base and take cover in there, but he wasn't going to run from the psychotic Predacon. He transformed into his Manta Ray mode and headed for Rampage, just as Rampage blew up the rock he was hiding behind.

"You're mine now X!"

Rampage was in tank mode so he was unable to hit Depth Charge while he was moving that fast. Depth Charge transformed to robot mode just before he reached Rampage's position and went to tackle him.
StoneCold Skywarp

The momentum that Depth Charge carried from hurtling toward Rampage was to swift for Rampage to re-act to and Depth Charge collided into the side of Rampage.

"you have courage maximal, shame you never showed it at Starbase rugby"

Rampage transformed to his robot mode now, and launched himself into Depth Charge midriff pinning him to a rock. Rampage moved his head closer to Depth Charge's.

"you remember Starbase Rugby don't you....how could you forget, all those innocents dying under your protection"

Rampage lifted his fists as to strike Depth Charge in the chest...
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Rampage punched Depth Charge square in the chest. Depth Charge was hurt, but he didn't care about that now. He was so full of rage that nothing that happened to his own body would matter to him. All he cared about now was destroying X.

As he was knocked into the wall, he bounced off and went strait for Rampage's throat.

He clutched Rampage's throat in both of his hands and looked him strait in the eyes. "Now X, I going to make you feel like all those people on Starbase Rugby felt when you took them out."
Clairiant

Post by Clairiant »

Blackarachnia paused, hearing the explosions under the water. "Must be a nasty fight...I bet Rampage is slagging those Maximals..." A dark little laugh escaped the spider. "I'd love to help him...But I don't like water...."

Cheetor picked himself up just in time to see Big-bot take off. "I should go help him!" Cheetor hopped up and flew after Prime.
StoneCold Skywarp

Rampage struggled to get his words out

"how....they..felt....warm...and...toasty..I....would....imagine..."

Rampage grabbed Depth Charge's arms and pulled them from his neck, raised his legs underneath Depth Charge's chest and kicked him away.

"foolish maximal, you couldn't stop me before, what makes you think you can even ATTEMPT to stop me now...my power grows from your rage, it feeds my spark, let your rage grow, let it feed me hahahahahahahaha"

Rampage moved toward Depth Charge once again, the killing machine set out to finish the job...