[Original RPG] Chapter 4: Gigatron's Master Plan (Earth)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Reflector

Chapter 4: Gigatron's Master Plan (Earth)

Post by Reflector »

(Summary: Metrotitan, carrying the Earthbound Decepticon army, is still in transit to his mystery destination. Jhiaxus has sent word of Galvatron's disappearance and the time rift from Cybertron to Gigatron on Earth. So our story continues, as Metrotitan arrives...)

Beep beep. Beep beep.

Cyclonus was still pondering the suggestion as Gigatron looked over his shoulder. A red light (he'd been meaning to have it changed to purple) on his desk lit and faded in synchronization with the noise. His guest seemed oblivious; Gigatron took no reservation to pardoning himself.

"Well, think it over. If you'll excuse me, I have to take this call."

Beep beep.

I'm coming...

Gigatron returned to his desk, examining the communication screen as he assumed the chair. Lines of meaningless text (mostly encoded), but one particular set stuck out at him.

"Cybertron?" He'd meant to keep the thought internal, but its mystique was enough to betray him. With both cautious curiosity and hasty anxiety, he allowed the transmission to come through.

"Greetings, Gigatron."

And shock overtook him. "Jhiaxus?!"

Yes, Jhiaxus. The moment of panicking confusion ended just as quickly - logic resumed dictation of his thoughts. This was the past, he recalled. Jhiaxus was not yet dead. Still... how could he know Gigatron was here? No, of course, how could he not? Gigatron sat back and listened to those words.

"That is you over there, isn't it? Certainly no one else would have to come back to his race's past to rectify its problems. Even more certainly, no one else would have done anything about it."

Jhiaxus paused.

"But there will be time to chat later. I know you've been under the command (Following leaders, Gigatron... for shame!) of a robot named Galvatron. A fine choice for resurrection, but it's unfortunately become a worthless move. Galvatron is dead. He was slain by Optitron - a recent ally of mine - on his way to Cybertron."

Fat chance, Gigatron thought.

"But there are more important matters right now. Something has come to Cybertron... a time rift. It has already devoured a number of planets, and ours would be next, by rights. But I've a plan. I intend to step into the rift and alter Cybertron's past, that I may change the future... just as you did. I invite you to join me, Gigatron. But please hurry. I fear it won't be long until the Autobots discover us. I've sent you my party's coordinates along with this message. Jhiaxus out."

Gigatron stared at the screen, even after Jhiaxus' face disappeared. Galvatron dead? Optitron (presumably naming himself Decepticon leader) Jhiaxus' ally? Time rift? And suddenly, something popped into his head... He remembered.

Gigatron was standing at Jhiaxus' right that day. A speech was being given to the troops, something about the City Wars nearly being ended... He wasn't paying much attention, really. A fatal mistake, as a splintering pain shot through him, his back first, then through the torso and bursting out the chest. His systems knew to shut down his pain circuits quickly enough (what's the point in hurting if there's nothing one can do about it?), but he fell just the same. The last thing his eyes perceived was Jhiaxus spinning and exterminating the assassin...

My body must be there, he concluded. And I am responsible for this time rift.

Gigatron jumped from his desk, storming past Cyclonus and barking at him as he went.

"I must go. Report your decision to Soundwave when you make it. He is in command until I return."

As Gigatron covered the halls between him and the nearest exit, he contacted his appointee.

"Soundwave, this is Gigatron. Due to certain... circumstances, I must journey to Cybertron. You have the right of command over Earth's Decepticons while I am gone. You know the plan, don't you?"

"Of course, Gigatron," Soundwave snidely replied. He knew the plan... and disliked it. Nor was he fond of this leader's abandonment, but there was little he could do to change that.

In moments, Gigatron found himself on some helipad or another of Metrotitan. He heaved, taking one final gaze around.

So close... Farewell, Earth.

He transformed to jet mode and rocketed off.

In as little time as Gigatron took to depart, Soundwave had gathered the Decepticons at Metrotitan's main gate, and was briefing them on the situation.

"The time has almost come, my friends. Gigatron's plan is good... but unsatisfying to warriors such as us. He had planned on sitting and collecting energon where we could be safe, and destroying the Autobots when they would attacked us. Apparently, I am not as patient as Gigatron. We will collect some energon in safety, but we will be the assailants when the Autobots meet their final end."

Soundwave felt that Metrotitan had pulled to a stop. He shrugged his shoulders and utilized a panel on the wall, opening the door.

"Decepticons... Welcome to Central City!"

[This message has been edited by Reflector (edited 01-05-2002).]
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Shawn Berger was alerted at his desk.

"Mr. Berger...I think you should see this!"

The portly businessman looked out his office window, looking up from his afternoon meal of lox and bagels.

"Good God!"

Standing at the gates was a giant transformer.

"Scramble the tank crews! Astrotrain again!? Send out an emissary! I completed my side of the bargain! Step on it!"

A tank crew commander hastily assembled a squadron of tanks, which ringed the perimeter of the city, though Metrotitan was given a berth of entry, if he desired one.

The Tank Crew Commander stepped out of his tank and walked a few ways out, stopping short of Metrotitan, and watched as one of his side panels opened, revealing Decepticons.

"Welcome to Central City!" he barked into a megaphone.

Astrotrain listened to Soundwave's speech.

I'll miss serving under Gigatron.

He pondered. The Triple Changer turned to Soundwave.

"Soundwave, I know the human who runs this city. I can deal with him to get the Energon we require...and act as our liason here, if you wish," he added.

Astrotrain crossed his arms, looking out at the City. He sighted the tank crewer.

"What are we going to do, Soundwave? How we act here will influence how well the fleshlings will assist us."
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Soundwave stood next to Astrotrain, his arms folded across his chest and concussion blaster in his right hand. Maintaining low tones, he conversed with the Triple Changer and Decepticon public relations robot.

"I believe the idea was that we should have a human city in which to go about our work. I was aware of your interactions with Berger, so I suggested this one to Gigatron, that we would not have to face human intervention. We simply want a temporary home base that, should the Autobots attack at all - unlikely, but possible - will greatly hinder our enemies' efforts. Oh!"

Soundwave started and spun to the Decepticons still in Metrotitan's threshold. He held his arms out from his sides and whispered.

"Remember, Decepticons, do not take hostile action against the humans! I dislike this little alliance as much as the rest of you, but it is somewhat necessary until the Autobots are driven from Earth!"

He turned again, returning his voice to normal level.

"Now, Astrotrain... Do your thing."
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Astrotrain cracked a wide smile as Soundwave outlined his instructions and orders.

Never mind that, Train ol' buddy. Soundwave won't be so bad. Did he just compliment you? Nah...

"Of course. I put the fear of Unicron into Berger when last we spoke...I'll do it again...your plan is a good one." Astrotrain nodded, then walked out the door.

Ambling up to the tank crewer commander, the Triple Changer knelt down on one knee. He spoke in low tones.

"I am Astrotrain. Your boss knows who I am...and I want to speak to him. Now."

The crewer ran back to his tank, chattered into his growler phone, and in moments Berger's personal car came speeding up to the barricade. The businessman got out, buttoning his blazer with some difficulty.

"Astrotrain...what a surprise! I...er...hope you weren't disapointed with what my companies gave you..." Berger nervously fingered his tie, failing to avoid sweating profusely.

"No, no problems at all. Commander Gigatron sends his regards...the equipment was satisfactory. I am acting on orders from our new Commander, Soundwave. You remember him?"

Berger nodded, fear creeping into his eyes.

"Yes...I suppose you do. We are going to stay here, as your guests, until Soundwave decides we need to move on. This will be our base, home away from Cybertron...until we crush the Autobots. Your tank crews, police, and other officials will not harm any Decepticons-"

Berger broke in. "But what about my peop-"

"And in return," Astrotrain joined smoothly, "I promise that none of your fine citizens will be harmed...intentionally. Now order your tanks crews away. Everything must continue normally so the Autobots suspect nothing. Because if they do..." Astrotrain narrowed his eyes.

Berger blanched.

"Of course!" He turned to the Tank Crew Commander. "Disperse your men! Did you hear me! Let them through the City!!"

The tank commander signaled his columns to disperse, and they retreated back to their original deployment zones.

Berger nodded once, then entered his car, which zoomed back to his headquarters.

Astrotrain returned to Soundwave's side inside Metrotitan after a few moments and said softly:

"The City is ours."

[This message has been edited by Quick Switch (edited 01-06-2002).]
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

(OOC: Come on, let's get our Earth boys in here! G91, Skywarp, Unicron, Blaster!)

"Very good, Astrotrain." Soundwave turned to his army, still waiting on the behemoth Metrotitan. "Decepticons, make yourselves at home. Begin gathering energon, and fabricating weaponry..."

But he trailed off, sensing that his soldiers were not listening. No surprise; their dissent was visible from the beginning. He stood next to the exit ramp and watched the Decepticons slowly funnel from one city to another. The scowls on their faces (or faceplates) were enough to reveal everything to him, but he decided to be safe and run a cursory mental scan on each as he walked past.

Some leader...

...wasting our time...

...destroy the Autobots!

...need an oil...

This stinks!

Yes, that would do. Soundwave concluded that the security of his power was sufficiently threatened; he would not wait around long enough to let it be revoked in mutiny.

"Astrotrain..."

He turned to the Triple Changer, still standing at his left.

"I fear we've made a mistake in coming here. The troops are miserable... They've had a taste of blood at the recent battle, and it's only served to make them thirstier. Well, let's give them what they want, shall we? Let Berger know that we won't be needing his help after all... for a while."

Soundwave took a few steps away from Astrotrain and toward his troops. He laid a hand on Scrapper's shoulder. The Constructicon turned and, subsequently, glared. He did not speak. What reason had he? Soundwave maintained his eternal stolid manner, signalling nothing. But...

"Inform the men that our plans have changed. We're going to the mountain. See that each Decepticon is reloaded to Metrotitan, and make it quick."

Scrapper, though pleased, was smug. "Why certainly, Soundwave. But then tell me, why did we waste the time to stop at this city? We've certainly gained nothing from it in the thirty-odd seconds we've been here!"

Soundwave pondered his response. "A decent plan has become a sour maneuver. Blame Gigatron," he added with a shrug. Scrapper showed no sign of rebuttal; Soundwave dismissed himself to his quarters.

"Talk about your dumb ideas," he mumbled to Long Haul.

"I heard that!" Soundwave shouted back without turning, on his course into Metrotitan.

Scrapper glared at Soundwave, then shared a discontent (and simultaneously, satisfiedly expectant) look with the Constructicons.

"All right, Decepticons! Change of plans..."

"Let's move it!"

[This message has been edited by Reflector (edited 01-09-2002).]
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

"As you command."

Astrotrain smiled, and contacted Berger via Metrotitan's mobile comm units.

"Berger, Soundwave has deemed your assistance unnecessary at the moment. Be prepared for another visit."

"Sure Astrotrain! Anything you say you know I-"

Astrotrain terminated the feed.

He frowned.

Odd move on Soundwave's part. But I guess some of the troops are a bit riled. What Decepticon wouldn't do the same thing?

Shrugging, Astrotrain seated himself in a chair and waited for Metrotitan to get moving.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Metrotitan was confused he was told by Galvatron who made him to follow Gigatron, now Gigatron was gone and someone was telling him to break Gigatron's orders. So the gaint spoke.
"What do you mean move, Metrotitan told to not attack, Metrotitan is confused by your orders..."
Philcom
Protoform

Post by Philcom »

Ultra Magnus found it hard to keep spying on Metrotitan and remain safe and hidden, he looked at its current position and marveled, "Well I can't that them alone. Where's Fortress Maximus when you need him." He wanted to call for backup but he knew Blaster maybe doing a little spying of his own near metrotitan, probably a good idea to keep radio silence with him. So Magnus opened a channel to the Ark. "This is Ultra Magnus to any Autobot in the Ark, do you copy?"
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Mount Saint Hilary...

Cybershot stood at his console, still watching the external security monitors. Bushido had placed him on watch duty as soon as Springer told him that a Decepticon had been observing their location. He didn't mind. The life of a spy, he felt, is ten percent observation and ninety percent stealth. Still, what mattered it if those ten percent were in the sanctity of headquarters? Nothingness (save the occasional bird) still dominated the screens, but the radio receiver said otherwise. He listened...

"This is Ark, Magnus. What's your status?"

Metrotitan..

Soundwave sat in his office, listening to Metrotitan's quibbling. He nearly sighed in frustration, but stopped himself; it was not Metrotitan's fault that he was... less than stunningly bright.

"I am fully aware of Gigatron's orders, and I am ignoring them. The Autobots seem uninterested in keeping us away from their precious humanity... and I know better than Gigatron that our enemies are best wiped out while the opportunity is here, even if it means minimal casualties for our side. Wouldn't you like to win this war, Metrotitan? Wouldn't you like to be comfortable as a sub-ruler of the universe?"

Enter the Scrapper.

"The Decepticons are within the city, Soundwave. The main gate has been sealed, and we are ready to roll out."

Soundwave nodded. "Now Metrotitan, if you please..."

[This message has been edited by Reflector (edited 01-10-2002).]
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Eject and Ramhor now deep within metrotitan stop. "We can't find it we need outside help" eject mutters oping a comline "Autobots at mount saint hilary come in this is eject come in"
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Metrotitan did agree with Soundwave.
"Yes Metrotitan want to wipe out Autobots!!!! So Metrotitan will help to crush them!!!" With that a whole army of assult drones lead by Metrobomb appeared.
"They will help to assist Soundwave and the Decepticons." Metrotitan cheered happily knowing he would soon wipe out Autobots.
Philcom
Protoform

Post by Philcom »

"The Decepticons are planning something big but I'mm too far away to see what, they're currently located in..." Magnus then heard the beeping indicated another call coming in to the Ark. "Cybershot, put that through, it could be Blaster or one of his cassettes and put us on confernce call."
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Mount Saint Hilary...

Cybershot nodded, though Magnus could not perceive the notion. He began merging the frequencies while he responded.

"Roger that, big guy. It sounds like Eject. I'll put you through..."

Beep.

"Now! Okay boys, what do you have for us?"

Metrotitan...

"Thank you, Metrotitan. Your vigor and spirit will certainly be helpful in the upcoming battle. Now, let us prepare for --"

Soundwave stopped. He heard... a transmission from within the city. Autobots! Yes, those he'd discovered on the way to Central City. In his business with the Decepticons and Gigatron's plans, Soundwave had neglected to finish them off. He heard... Frenzy entered his office.

"Soundwave, Laserbeak and Rumb --"

Soundwave held a hushing finger to his diminutive colleague. Frenzy immediately silenced himself and watched Soundwave, his head cocked slightly and motionless. When the hand lowered, the cassette spoke again.

"Whassamatter?"

Soundwave looked over his desk at Frenzy, as though he had not noticed his presence until that moment. Calmly, he returned, "Autobot spies within Metrotitan."

"What?!" Frenzy exclaimed. "Lemme at 'em! Me 'n' Rumble'll go and wipe 'em out! Please, Soundwave!"

Soundwave waited to shake his head. "No, leave them. Their message may be very useful to us..."

[This message has been edited by Reflector (edited 01-13-2002).]
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

The Decepticon shuttle, newly christened Bane Of Existence circled in Earth orbit.

At the controls, Ramjet turned to look at the others.

"All right, then", he said. "We're going to head to Demon Swamp."

He looked at the Insecticons. "You guys still have some base there, right?"

"Yes," said Kickback. "But it's most likely deserted by now."

"That's why we got supplies", Ramjet responded, turning back to the controls.

"Setting course for Demon Swamp..."

[This message has been edited by Bombshell (edited 01-16-2002).]
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Dirge watched as Ramjet taunted Brainstorm.

"Heh, serves that Headmaster ninny right," he scoffed.

Thrust, meanwhile, was taking in the appearance of the Swamp.

"Wow," he murmurred.

Thrust had never seen a more desolate place in his life...outside of Chaar, that is.

He turned, and clapped Shrapnel and Bombshell on the shoulders in a display of camraderie.

"Welcome home, Insecticons!"

"Such as it is," Dirge scowled.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Bombshell, Kickback and Shrapnel came up to the viewport, and looked out at the desolate waste of the swamp.

"It's so nice to be back home, home", Shrapnel said.

"You said it", Kickback replied.

"Amen to that", Bombshell said.

Darkwing, looking out the viewport, said, "I think it looks like..."

He cut off as the Insecticons turned back to him.

"Paradise", he finished.

Ramjet brought the ship down.

"All right", he said. "Now that Cybertron's a big rust stain on the steel sking of the galazy, what do you think we should do now?
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Thrust looked at Dirge.

"We have to be very careful now, Renegades. I'm pretty sure that if the Autobots and Decepticons on this mudbull aren't fighting yet, they will be soon...so maybe a few of us should check out the battlefront, then signal the rest of us that we can wreak havoc on this planet," he nodded.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

"Right", Ramjet said, turning to Shrapnel and Kickback.

"You two are the only one that haven't been here yet. Dirge, you take them and go find Metrotitain. Find out the current status of the Decepticons. In the meantime, we'll start setting up the base."

Shrapnel and Kickback exited the ship and headed off.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Dirge nodded, then set off with Shrapnel and Kickback.

Transforming to jet mode, the caught up to them.

"Well you guys' guess is as good as mine...but I'd first look how far away Metrotitan is from the Autobot ship in Mt. St. Hillary, or whatever the humans call it."
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Kickback looked at Dirge.

"Are you nuts?", he asked. "We don't know if there are any Autobots in there."

"Yes", Shrapnel said. "We are in no position for a fight now, now."
Ramjet looked at Thrust

"Come on", he said. "Let's get some of this gear unloaded."

He went to the cargo hold, Bombshell and the Powermasters following him