What are the 2005 cars supposed to be?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
another tf fan

What are the 2005 cars supposed to be?

Post by another tf fan »

I was writing to FORT MACKS (sorry man the eks letter on my keyboard crapped out) and asked him this question, but wanted to open it up to all of you. What were Rodimus/Hot Rod, Kup, Blurr and Arcee' alt mode supposed to be? Were they Sunbow's vision of earth cars in 2005 or were they unmodified Cybertronian cars? You decide...
Come on and wind me up.
ESKiM0J03
Protoform

Post by ESKiM0J03 »

dont see how this is news but im gonna go with vision of earth cars in 2005
BET YOU DiDNT KNOW i WAS A NiNjA!!!
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Sorry, it's not news, i think i made an error in selecting the proper forum. My Bad....but thanks for the reply!
Come on and wind me up.
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Originally posted by another tf fan
Sorry, it's not news, i think i made an error in selecting the proper forum. My Bad....but thanks for the reply!
Don't worry it'll get moved.

I think they were supposed to be 2005 Earth cars because if they were Cybertronian they probably would have been hover cars.
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Well boy were they way off base. But really, did they think that full glass canopies were going to be the wave of the future? No one could have predicted that square, boy cars like the H1 would become one of the most popular vehicals in 2004. Funny though, my neighbors 1980 Mercury Zephyr has more curve to it than the hummer, are certain styling trends devolving? Kup's cab over pickup design would have been cool, but the 1994 Dodge Ram also set a precedent in the retro tall hood, low fender throwbacks that have emerged over the last 10 years. Im sure no one in 1985 thought a New Beetle or a Crysler Airflow re-dubbed the PT Cruiser would be such proclaimed body styles, but I see no demand for any angualar Motorhomes with flames.
Come on and wind me up.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

*punted*
Garrason
Protoform

Post by Garrason »

Originally posted by Dinobot
Don't worry it'll get moved.

I think they were supposed to be 2005 Earth cars because if they were Cybertronian they probably would have been hover cars.
i thought Blurr was a hover car....
If you allways expect disapontment you wont be disaponited
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

id say hot rods the most earthly, either hes the kind of car thats around nowadays or he will be soon
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Originally posted by Garrason
i thought Blurr was a hover car....
You're right...
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Tough call. Blurr is definitely Cybertronian, but the others could be either.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

I'd say Kup and Blurr are supposed to be Cybertronian. Hot Rod could go either way. Arcee is too pink to be of this world.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Kup's alt-mode is clearly of Cybertronian design, ref. "The Smelting Pool", where Beachcomber has it, and he's never been to Earth at that point. Wheels are irrelvant - both Marvel and Dreamwave have often used them on Cybertronian modes. Of course, if your brain can't get around that because it hasn't been animated in a Korean sweatshop, you'd be better served arguing about the consistency of something which didn't do consistency, so knock yerselves out...

I love the way the comic tends to bother every now and then.
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

Originally posted by fort_max
Arcee is too pink to be of this world.

:laugh: Plus, wasn't her alt mode described as "Cybertronian car"?

Ref. what Cliffy said re: cars with wheels existing on Cybertron.
Garrason
Protoform

Post by Garrason »

i wish i had a pic BUT... when i was in highschool a guy retrofited a 69dodge charger to look like Hotrod . He had it allmost perfict (you had to climb in through the trunk due to the winshild) even had the 6 pipes down the side

Biggest problem he had was he could never get it roadrated to get a tag

I havent talked to him since highschool maby i should see if he ever finshed it
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Man that is so cool, i wish you had a pic....:cool:
Come on and wind me up.
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

Interesting thread... Unfortunately i can't say I was too concerned with whether they were Cybertronian or futuristic cars for 2005 since Back to the Future also came in 1985, 1989, and 1990 where they had retrofitted a 1985 GMC Delorean as well as a 1885 steam locomotive to be able to hover above ground for the suggested year of I believe it was 2015 in the movie.. I'd have to watch the movie again to remember. So Cybertronian vs Earthly vehicles? My suggestion would be the combined minds of earth and cybertronian nations that would have suggested those vehicles for that time frame. Heck what am I saying.. the writers created them that way just to make something new. To be honest I don't really care.
You Are Ratchet!

You are caring and compassionate.

[size=-1]Which Transformer Are You?[/size][
[size=-3]brought to you by Quizilla[/size]
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

In accepted sci-fi from the 50's and 60's USA the year 2000 was going to be a land of wonderous flying cars....but by 1985 I think we all saw the writing on the wall that tires were here to stay, so I am at a loss as to what Hasbro and Sunbow was thinking with thier designs for Kup and Hot Rod....I guess they were just trying to play on kids' imagination and not pay license agreements...thats when the Transformers fell off....Robots in Disguises that no one will ever see....Weak thought process if you ask me, so I want to believe that the cars were unmodified Cybertron cars....That makes just slightly more sense to me.
Come on and wind me up.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Garrason, I'd love to see a picture of that. To get that car roadrated, he would have had to hinge the entire windshield frame at the junction with the hood, probably with some sort of air pressure release on the dash. A 69 Charger is a good choice, though I think a 97-98 Camaro would have more accurately reflected the shape of Hot Rod's car body.
Garrason
Protoform

Post by Garrason »

naa the trunk picked up (you had to pick up the bug ass finn) to get out you laid the seat back and slid out the back . Breat said if you opend the winshild like it did in the movie it would shater.

untill he started doing this i never knew how easy it was to shape fiberglass build a wood frame streach the sheet of fiberglass over the frame (it comes in huge rools like kitchen towels) spray it down with the polomer let dry a day ot 2 part finshed
Garrason
Protoform

Post by Garrason »

Originally posted by Vin Ghostal
I think a 97-98 Camaro would have more accurately reflected the shape of Hot Rod's car body.

it might have but he was doing this back in 91-92