Forthcoming from Titan Books

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Forthcoming from Titan Books

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Straight from the horse's mouth (as it were)
For years we have waited... finally, the day is nigh: Autobots vs Decepticons on the big screen! The live action Transformers movie from director Michael Bay (The Rock, Armageddon) and executive producer Steven Spielberg is released on July 27th 2007, and is set to be the smash of the summer!

But before the film hits our screens, eager fans can snap up the official prequel novel from Titan: TRANSFORMERS: GHOSTS OF YESTERDAY [Titan Books, 25 MAY 2007, £6.99]!

Before their conflict on Earth, there is much more to the story of the
Autobots and Decepticons: duelling alien races who battle for an object that could mean the destruction or salvation of their existence. Available way before the movie release, this novel is essential reading for those who want the full story that leads into the action on screen.

Having whet your appetite with the prequel, the official novelisation will satisfy the fans in the run-up to the release TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE NOVELISATION [Titan Books, 22 JUNE 2007, £6.99].
Packed full of extra scenes and details that they just couldn¹t fit into the movie, it tells the full story of the epic fight for survival in the hands of young Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf).

ALAN DEAN FOSTER has written in a variety of genres, including hard science fiction, fantasy, horror, detective, western, historical, and contemporary fiction. He is also the author of numerous non-fiction articles on film, science, and scuba diving, as well as novel versions of several films including Star Wars, the first three Alien films, and Alien Nation.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Transformers is coming out on July 4th, not July 27th.
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Post by the_escaflowne_2k »

Originally posted by Skidmark
Transformers is coming out on July 4th, not July 27th.

In the U.S it is, but in the U.K it's as stated the 27th.
"all i can say is that my life is pretty plain, you don't like my point of view you think that i'm insane"
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Because America hates us.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

It's not really HATE... we're going to torture you with three weeks of spoilers. Consider it payback for all the political bitching about us you've been doing. ;)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by TFVanguard
we're going to torture you with three weeks of spoilers.
I'm leaving the country.

Not because I give a **** about the movie, though...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

To be honest, I'd rather be in the U.K., anyday......
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Both books have already been on order with Amazon for a little while, along with the Transformers Art of IDW one (though I imagine, just like the original 'Art' I'll never actually get it despite ordering so far in advance).

So, I figure it this way: I'll pretty much know what the TF movie is about before I go to see it. And I will be seeing it on 27th July, because I'm already booked off work!

(Note to other TransFans in Leicester: - you up for the premier viewing at the Vue? :) )
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Denyer
I'm leaving the country.

Not because I give a **** about the movie, though...

Yeah, that new Ben Elton show has had a similar effect on me as well.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
starscreamjericho
Protoform

Post by starscreamjericho »

I have and read the prequel GHOSTS OF YESTERDAY and it is a really good book. It will also answer some questions that the movie will have.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by starscreamjericho
GHOSTS OF YESTERDAY

Erm, just because it's in capitals in a press release doesn't mean you have to shout out the name...