Random want - ROTF on DVD

A trading post for established members. Please read the rules first.
Cliffjumper

Random want - ROTF on DVD

Post by Cliffjumper »

If anyone's getting the blu-ray or whatever and has a copy of ROTF with a proper case (real cover, spine etc. - not just the slipcase one) they want to get rid of I'm up for buying. Stock pictures on ebay are too annoying. Only really after the case, so if you've smeared the discs with jam or something that also is cool.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Cliffjumper wrote:If anyone's getting the blu-ray or whatever and has a copy of ROTF with a proper case (real cover, spine etc. - not just the slipcase one) they want to get rid of I'm up for buying. Stock pictures on ebay are too annoying. Only really after the case, so if you've smeared the discs with jam or something that also is cool.
Can probably round up a copy for a fiver, easily. Disc won't be the right region, but that won't matter, will it?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

If you just want a DVD cover you can pop into a case, I've got one. I don't keep discs cased. Not sure why I've kept most of the covers.

Does say 'DVD rental copy' in small print at the foot of the front.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Oooh, if it's no fuss that'd be cool. Yeh, just need a cover... I'm pretty anal about DVD covers I'm finding.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Might actually make it to a post office this weekend. Last one was rather a crapshoot for getting things done.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Can you do Region One discs? I should have my two disc version somewhere, if you want more than the cover.

EDIT: Oh yeah, you just want the case. Reading whole posts properly is fun...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
numbat

Post by numbat »

Looks like you're sorted, but I have a region 1 Canadian release on DVD going spare...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It's like you're all in a hurry to get rid of this film for some reason.

I was actually pleasantly surprised by how well it hung together on rewatching (stupid slipcase enclosed) discs... As with the other two people have let the bad points get out of all proportion; sure, Leo tazering himself in the balls isn't funny but guess what, three seconds later it's done with and the world's still turning. And Joss Whedon's still turning out wrong-headed feminist cardboard cut-outs as well.
inflatable dalek

Cliffjumper wrote:It's like you're all in a hurry to get rid of this film for some reason.
Blu Ray, it's the future. You can keep your quaint old fashioned granny DVD's, the rest of us will be enjoying Megan Fox's bum the forest fight in glorious HD.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

inflatable dalek wrote:Blu Ray, it's the future.
Still couldn't give a shit. Tablets and laptops.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I don't think my eyesight's up to HD...
inflatable dalek

Denyer wrote:Still couldn't give a shit. Tablets and laptops.
That's just because I'm more down with da kids than you.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I bought the Bluray boxset when DOTM came out, so my DVD versions are surplus to requirements now.

And the three films do look glorious in HD, although I actually think that some elements of the first film look dated compared to the two sequels (the use of the physical Bumblebee during hius capture scene looks pretty poor...).

I rewatched ROTF a couple days ago as well, and still thoroughly enjoy it. It's a perfect film to vegetate to after a hard day at work. It's a rollercoaster ride, and looks amazing. The forest battle and Devastator look awesome in HD.

DOTM looks the most spectacular, though, in my opinion - there are so many epic highly detailed beautifully designed sequences that benefit from HD.

Bluray HD is my limit though - even with contact lenses in I can't fully benefit from the level of detail in HD from my sofa when I'm tired, so any higher quality would just be lost on me (unless I invest in a larger TV, but I'm Scottish so that ain't gonna happen...).

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.