How much have you spent...

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Reflector

How much have you spent...

Post by Reflector »

...on Transformers in the last year? I'm curious to see how much my number (just under $700 for forty toys) deviates from the average.

------------------
"In true honor of the emperor of destruction, I have set fire to my own couch." - Brawn
Sig presented by Skywarp the Omnificent of The TF Mausoleum
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

that sounds about right, err, let me think

I probably spent close to $700 just on G1 stuff this year, and about another $150 on Beast Wars and the RID Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus.

This is a very expensive hobby...but it is well worth it.

My favorite addition to my collection this year was a complete Bruticus with all accessories, and unapplied stickers that my cousin found in a shoe box in this house he moved into this year. He knew I collected the toys and just gave them to me. He also found a Defensor complete with all accessories and techspecs and gave it to me, but I sold it, because I never really liked Defensor.

------------------
Seeing Jazz in a whole new light.

[This message has been edited by Savannahtron (edited 12-24-2001).]
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Hmmm... got three Dinobots, RiD Prowl, some knockoffs and did a load of trades (including a fabby PM Prime from Addl)... well under £100 including postage, I reckon.

There aren't that many toys I tend to go for, y'see... mostly early stuff and I'm not too condition-fussy...

------------------

Check out my collection & trade list and other TF stuff @ denyer.cjb.net!
Later, when I was hanging from the tree... — Bill Hicks
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Well, since I traded my original Slag with Denyer, I have in fact built up my whole collection since March this year. I dread to think how much that is, but I've only spent more than $30 on a TF three times [Smokescreen, Scattershot & Skywarp]...

------------------

Please visit my site, The Transformers Database and visit the totally alive, kicking and far-out Message Board!

"Another day out with the boys - just me, Chaos and Mayhem - I love this job!"
"I'm Godzilla, you're Tokyo!"
"You haven't been where I have at all, so who are you to judge?"
"What am I, an idiot magnet?"
"Just remember kid, I'm not teachin' you this so you can go out an' kill people - I'm teaching you this to keep ya alive."
Walk a mile in my shoes, then criticise the way I am.
ThePeacemkr2
Protoform

Post by ThePeacemkr2 »

lol, i had stopped collecting transformers a year or two ago when the person whowas my friend who also collected them "Turned evil", he suddenly stopped bein my friend and threatened to beat me up, so i still watched beast wars/machines, just stopped buying new ones, so 0$ this year, since its not much fun being the only one to RP with the figures. (not to mention it sorta lowers thier value... Poor Depth Charge's fin is half torn off, Transmetal rattrap is missing his tail, tarantulus (transmetal) is missing 3 legs...).

------------------
Fighting for Justice. Fighting for Honor.
Fighting for Peace.

-ThePeacemkr2

"I wasnt killing off 99% of the population of Earth, I was merely helping a friend do his report on peace, and in order for him to write a good report, there needed to BE peace.

"Fred was in his BED, on his HEAD, soon to be DEAD, because he ate LEAD"

Why does no one notice that when they say they want a "Pb+J" sandwitch, that "Pb" stands for LEAD in the periodic table. Think about it, this must mean about a 25% of earths population has a death wish!
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

There aren't that many toys I tend to go for, y'see... mostly early stuff and I'm not too condition-fussy...Stuart Denyer
Yeah me too man, I have only bought a Jetfire complete in the box, C8++with a C6 Box, a loose complete Devastator, C8, a Metroplex complete in the box, C8 with a C6 box (sharp corners, tech spec, but the front has a rip, but it is all there still), a Skywarp C8, and two Scorponoks, that I am still trying to complete. Oh, I almost forgot the steal of the year, Powermaster Prime with all accessories, and box for $40.00!

Actually I know how you feel about the condition thing, I only buy stuff that has been on display, or in storage in good shape.

I don't mind to pay a little extra, there are only a few from the G1 series that I actually want, most of them are the ones I had as a kid, from the 84-86 years, and a few of the Head Masters that I have been reading about, like Scorponok, and Fort. Max.

I hope to get Brave Maximus if they release it in the US, actually probably 2 of them, one for display, and the other for my collection unopened.

------------------
Seeing Jazz in a whole new light.
Mirage

Post by Mirage »

Hmmmm...., this year I bought Starscream, Thundercracker, Smokescreen, Trailbreaker, Sunstreaker, Devastator, Menasor, Predaking, Scorponok, Slag, Grimlock, Rumble, Ravage, Frenzy, Cliffjumper, 33 pvc's. They probably cost me around 680 (approx. $1020)quid for the tf toys and 180 quid (approx. $270), oh and RID Prowl, Sideburn and X-Brawn, 24 quid (approx. $36)

and in 2002 I intend to buy Swoop, Reflector, Shockwave, Shrapnel, Bombshell, Astrotrain, God Ginrai, Megatron, Superion, Snarl, Sludge, Crosshairs, Pointblank, Sureshot, Hardhead, Chromedome, Skullcruncher, Mindwipe, Weirdwolf, Slugslinger, Misfire, Triggerhappy, Laserbeak, Computron, Tracks, Red Alert, Skids, Jetfire, a replacement Wheeljack and Jazz, the new version of Prime, PVC Ramjet, Thrust, Soundblaster and Ratchet. That little lot should cost me approx. oh fu......

Also, last year I bought Skywarp, Bluestreak, Mirage, Sideswipe, Soundwave, Buzzsaw, Prowl and Hound. They cost about 800 quid (approx. $1200) but 5 of them were MISB in either Canadian or Italien boxes, (sadly they are no longer MISB, I couldn't resist and I was really p.o'd one day so I opened them)

------------------
-------------

"Hail to the king, baby"

-------------

"Went to a party, I danced all night, I drank sixteen beers and I started up a fight. But now I'm jaded, you're outta luck, well I'm rollin' down the stairs too drunk to f*ck" - Dead Kennedys, Too Drunk To F*ck
Garand

Post by Garand »

I'd have to say, near $1000.. Botcon had me going to the ATM fir $100 withdrawls and such..

------------------
Writer's Block Fanfic IRC chat 12/15-12/16:
<Khe_Sahn> "Plastic Jesus"
<Khe_Sahn> I thought i'd never see that scrawled on a box
<Khe_Sahn> freaking nativity sets
<Garand_EMT> o_O
<Garand_EMT> people tryign to profit form other's religions..
<Khe_Sahn> "Beware, Jesus is swallowable by small children"
<Garand_EMT> .me tries hard not to laugh
<Khe_Sahn> AAAAAAAAAAARGGHH THE BODY OF CHRIST!! IT CHOKES!!! TAKE IT OUT!!!!!
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Lesse, total amount spent(all guys are complete, but not necessarily all parts were purchased):
Rodimus--65
Prowl--60
Springer--60
Galvatron--60
Skywarp--25
Thundercracker--28
Starscream--30
Bluestreak--25
Ratchet--0
Devastator--25
Computron--39
Superion--?
Bruticus--25
Powerglide--5
Bumblejumper--5
Mirage--10
Kup--35
Blurr--35
Cyclonus--20
Kickback--10
Bombshell(2)--0
Sunstreaker--35
Sideswipe--35
Hot Rod(rerelease)--35
Thrust--35
Grimlock--15
Grapple--0
Inferno--10
Rumble--10
Triggerhappy--0
Laserbeak--0
Blitzwing--0

Total: $737, if my math is right. 60 guys over the course of the last 5+ years. So it looks like you're in the right area, Flec. But Hot Rod's the only one I've paid money for in the last year, I believe. I'd have to check my EBay history, and I can't be bothered with that right now. Image

R.

------------------
Image Image
Thanks to Skycat for the sig pic!
-------------------------
Wise man say; forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.

When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down, so my critics can kiss my ass.

Redstreak and RCOSD, AWF Tag Team Champions & 2001 Alliance of the year!
-------------------------
Come on down to RCOSD & Redstreak's basement, where torture and pain are our game.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I spent about $500 this year on Transformers, about $200 of that being on RiD, the rest on loose G1 figures like Sixshot, Snapdragon, Apeface, Springer, the Monsterbots, some Constructicons, some Aerialbots, some Technobots, Misfire, Brainstorm, Weirdwolf, etc...

------------------
Please visit theTF Mausoleum
"Nobody kills Kakarot while I'm around. Destiny has reserved that pleasure for me!"
-Vegita, Android Saga.
Who Am I winners: Kickback
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I'd have to say from looking at bank accounts, and taking into account the amount of money that I made this year, about $2500 (mostly since September, goodbye whole year's worth of work Image ). I can't keep doing that. I'm very close to broke. I think I'll chill out for a while.

------------------
They were the dream--
--Mechanical beings able to transform
their bodies into vehicles, machinery
and weapons; a last line of defense
against the CHAOS-BRINGER,
UNICRON. Image

-Transformers: Issue 75-
"ON The Edge of Extinction!"

Looks like I'm:

PaladinPrime: Supporter of the kill all lurkers, and eat them campaign.
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

hmmm I guess around $1000 aswell, but I mostly buy collections, keep what I like and resell the rest, so I hope to be around $500 actually

------------------
Disco Addl & Family wish you a merry christmas!
--------------
trade list (updated 21. Dez)
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Well:

EDIT:Starscream-£17
IMB G2 Optimus-£60
Astrotrain+Blitzwing-£50
Bumblebee-£5
Beachcomber-£6
RiD Prowl-£9
RiD X-Brawn-£9