Transformers: The Game: The Article: The Thread

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

http://tfarchive.com/fandom/activision/tfgame_page1.php

Questions about the games? Ask here and I may be able to answer.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Got enough colons there?

Fairly ignorant question, as I'm not a big gamer and haven't had chance to do more than skim stuff... is there a PS2 version or was one considered, in expectation of the PS3 market still being in the process of maturing?
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by Denyer
Fairly ignorant question, as I'm not a big gamer and haven't had chance to do more than skim stuff... is there a PS2 version or was one considered, in expectation of the PS3 market still being in the process of maturing?

Given that the PS2 is still selling more than any other console with the PS3 in dead last? Yes, there is a PS2 version, but it wasn't available for us to play at the time. It will release with the rest of the games, and the graphics will most likely be identical to the Wii version. A lot of developers are porting PS2 games to Wii or vice versa.

I think excessive colons are funny.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
I think excessive colons are funny.

Except when it's time for those colonoscopies. Cleaning all of those out would be a bitch.

On-topic: Probably also a fairly ignorant question but did you get a chance to see what the G1 skins looked like and if so, how did they look?
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Is G1 Op,Jazz,and Starscream a skin color or can you actually play them?
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

G1 Prime was actually G1 prime, not just the movie Prime with a G1 skin applied. They actually made a new model for the character. We didn't get to see the other G1 characters, but I'm assuming they made new models for them.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

yeeees!!:D It'd be cool if you got to play Blitzwing or other triplechangers
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Watchmen
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

so let me get this straight.You,Sir Auro's,was the one who was invited to the preview?

Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Watchmen
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I was one of several fansites (only one of which has their preview up right now), and I was the one chosen by the webmasters of TFArchive to represent our site.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

You're so lucky.
Did ya sneak some game copies out of the biulding?

Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Watchmen
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Is the PC demo available for download? And is the PC version going to be different from the PSP version?(he asked, hoping deperately that it will be......)
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I don't know on the PC demo, but it should be identical to the console versions.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Originally posted by Civ
Except when it's time for those colonoscopies. Cleaning all of those out would be a bitch.

A better punchline would be: just wait until you hit forty.

(I used another colon there just for kicks.)
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Excellent report.

I actually don't have any newish console yet, but I've been tempted to get DS. DS Transformers game sounded like a game I'd propably like.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Zisteau
(I used another colon there just for kicks.)

Having a colon specifically for kicks is probably wiser than getting kicked in one of the ones you're using for other functions.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

I have two questions for you. The first is, I was thinking you weren't a big fan of the movie designs...is this still the case, or has seeing them in action in the video game warmed you up to them a bit? Or do you still not like them? Just wondering if the designs in motion make them more apealing.

Second...in the trailers (for both the video game and the movie) sometimes you hear the whirrs and clanks during transformations, sometimes you hear the original transformation sound (though usually quieter) sometimes you hear both. I'm just wondering, in the versions that you played that did have sound, what did the transformations sound like?
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

You can lock onto enemies with a button on the nunchuk.
Which one? the C or Z button or either.

I think the Wii version will have a learning curve but once you get into it, it might be fun. Activision should consider having a option to use the gamecube controller or the classic pad. I know it defeats the point of the Wiimote at all but there should always be a choice.
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Originally posted by Lambda prime
Activision should consider having a option to use the gamecube controller or the classic pad. I know it defeats the point of the Wiimote at all but there should always be a choice.
I don't understand this comment. What's the point of having the Wii if you're going to use a standard controller? One might as well buy a PS3 (except of course that the Wii is cheapter) or a PS2.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

I don't understand this comment. What's the point of having the Wii if you're going to use a standard controller? One might as well buy a PS3 (except of course that the Wii is cheapter) or a PS2.

If this game is ported from the PS2 then it might be fairer to have options to play with the Wiimote or on a conventional controller available to gamers.
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Brimstone
What's the point of having the Wii if you're going to use a standard controller?

The gameplay is designed around traditional console layouts? *shrug*

The Wii encourages designers to work specifically around a piece of 'novel' hardware (which the basis for existed almost twenty five years ago on home computers) to get both customer and vendor lock-in, but most games will be multi-platform releases. Like those old kinesthetic controllers, they substitute pretty well for existing interfaces, but one piece doesn't fit all.

Anyway, by picking the titles they buy, Wii owners can get the best of both worlds.