UK Toy Fair report/catalog scans

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

UK Toy Fait report/catalog scans

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Goodness, didn’t realize how much movie merchandise that was actually in the works. How many versions of Optimus Prime does a person truly need? Yikes! Hard-core collectors are going to have file for bankruptcy by the time Spring comes.
mongoosehuman
Protoform

Post by mongoosehuman »

I noticed this when I was reading about the Leader Class toys:

"Also has advanced automorph technology that moves multiple pieces when 1 is moved." (click on the links and look at the page labeled "page35az.jpg")

What do you think of this?

I remember I had a G2 dump truck that was an automatic transformer. You could roll his back wheels on the ground, and his front stood up while his chest folded down and his arms unfolded. Hell if I could remember his name, but I don't remember him being as much fun as my other Transformers. He just wasn't as interactive as a normal Transformer.

That said, his transformation was pretty simple, and I'm sure the "automorph technology" is a bit more complex. Still, I'm not sure. At best, this will be innovative and at worst, will suck the fun out of the toy. I'm guessing that it will just be another odd gimmick. But I'm also guessing that Leader Classes will be too damned expensive and I won't get to find out either way.
Ice Shard
Protoform

Post by Ice Shard »

that is a lot of merchandise ...
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Okay, thoughts...

A lot of merchandise, but... how many kids are going to want six different versions of the exact same Optimus even if the movie DOES well. I would have figured on 'new character' repaints, at least to pad the three waves of the line...

"Transformers: Heroes" got my interest. The Star Wars ones constantly tempt me, and I'm not a huge Star Wars fan.

Classics looks like it will seep into the movie waves (in the UK at least, not sure about anywhere else).

The molds for the movie toys are problematic.. this does not bode well at this stage, since they should be pressing them soon.

And the Microchange/Real Gear kicks all sorts of ass. Pity about the packaging and the character names. Wonder what Takara will do with them.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I think we're seeing Transformers being treated as a similar property as Star Wars - someone at the top is taking a leaf out of George Lucas' book... (pressed on leaves... ;) )

Thing is, lots of recent movie toy lines have one million and one versions of the same character, and I suppose Hasbro are going to find out just how far you can push that idea at higher price marks.

But, what does it mean for us guys?

Well, basically, we can pick and choose a version that suits our particular indiosyncracies for most of the characters. That is definitely a good thing in my book... The tricky part is when you can't quite choose between different versions... (I'm hoping Prime will become a clear choice once painted versions appear with more info...) I still find the 'Bumblebee Renaissance' rather interesting, if a bit odd...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
mongoosehuman
Protoform

Post by mongoosehuman »

The number of Bumblebee toys is kind of funny. It reminds me of all the versions of Cheetor we saw in BW/BM.