[Original RPG] The future of the Beast Wars

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Warcry

The future of the Beast Wars

Post by Warcry »

As you might have noticed by now, we've put the Beast Wars RPG on an indefinite hiatus.

The staff have had a great time running the game, and we love all of you who've participated in it. The problem is, though, that there's not very many of you. The regular players in the BW game right now are outnumbered by the members of the RPG team who play, and that's just no way to run a game. :(

So.

This is where you guys come in. Right now we've only got four (!) non-staff players actually taking part in the game. If anyone out there has been thinking about signing up but never got around to it, now's the time to let us know. If you don't...well, if you don't, there won't be a Beast Wars game for you to sign up for anymore.

I'm sure those of you who've taken part in the BW game will have something to say about this, and we'd like to hear what you've got to say. Speak up in here and maybe we'll be able to think of a few ways to get things going again. :)

I hope we can manage to keep this thing alive, but if we can't...well, it's been fun while it lasted. :)
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Wow, I didn't see this coming. I mean the Beast Wars game's been stagnant before. I guess you're right about the non-staff though. Don't forget to add Brave to that once he comes back.

To be honest, I enjoy the Beast Wars game more than the G1 game, so I'd be extrememly disappointed should it be shut down.
oscar
Protoform

Post by oscar »

I also liked the beast wars rpg better than g1.Hate to see it go:(
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Wel this is exactly what you guys need to be doing, letting us know there's still interest and support for the game :)

If there's enough people still around that want to play the game, we'll be able to get it started up again. This thread's here to help keep inventory of that. So if there's any more of you who want to join the game or don't want it to go, give us a holler.
Warit00
Protoform

Post by Warit00 »

Could someone fill me up about what to do or not to? (aside from the rule) eg. Where to show up or not to.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Think you need to clarify on the 'where to show up' part. Not sure I follow what you're asking about.
Warit00
Protoform

Post by Warit00 »

Where to introduce your char(s).
verytired

Post by verytired »

Lets see...

Stasis Pod opening amidst the ruins of the Island wreckage (see thread for details)

Stasis Pod opening some where else

If you wanted to start with a character that had been played and then dropped, then we can work out where they were hiding :)

And of course, with Mod approval, there are more "Character" based ways of joining the game (example: Depth Charge), which you can develop with one of us...

Of course, there's always the Cybertron thread, if that is still a viable option.
tahukanuva

Post by tahukanuva »

So, is it dead? Or are you going to give it another chance? I don't want to lose both my Deathies.
verytired

Post by verytired »

The lack of response isn't looking too good fellas: I'm gonna call the Governernor and see if Ican delay the execution till sometime after Reclamation.

But you guys can help out a bit: drum up some interest, get some more players involved and eager for some Beast Wars action! This thread has only got 3 non staffers rooting for it so far, get some more peeps here!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

I think it had the makings of a nice little RPG

it got me interested in the whole idea of Beast Wars.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Sorry got home from work. I need to get more active again myself.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
verytired

Post by verytired »

I'm on a Recruitment Drive.

And this is Serious: anyone that has shown calbre in the G1 Game will get a semi threatening, semi beggin letter to get them to Prehistoric earth. I will also be PM anyone who has played, including my wife, to save the game. If you know how desperate this makes me, then please, help: Anyone and Everyone, send out a call to arms. If you know someone who's got a talent for this they aint using, strongarm them here.

Beast wars will not die.

(Oh my, that last sentence is pretentious... :wtf: )
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

... phases. it happens. if it goes... it goes. the problem with running 2 rpgs on the same board is that the attention span gets further divided, and as such, further diminishes the desire to "do"...

I guess I'm the prime (no pun intended) example...

I started gung-ho into beastwars, as PRIMAL, no less.. and now I'm relinquishing him because I've no interest anymore... I've killed off Starscream, and will be leaving th G1 game soon enough as well... I guess it's just what happens when you end up drowning yourself in the games... ya lose the capacity to really function as you need to in-game.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Originally posted by verytired
If you know someone who's got a talent for this they aint using, strongarm them here.
http://tfarchive.com/community/member.p ... serid=6461
verytired

Post by verytired »

Anyone else!!?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I'm so taking out a restraining order.

Lemme have a think. I'm phenomenally out of practice.
tahukanuva

Post by tahukanuva »

Originally posted by verytired
Anyone else!!?

I've already pm'd Aardvark, he wished us luck, but said he w/couldn't come back. :(
verytired

Post by verytired »

Originally posted by tahukanuva
I've already pm'd Aardvark, he wished us luck, but said he w/couldn't come back. :(

Snap: also gave somethig short of a begging letter to Slartibartfast and Zigzagger.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

I'm still putting it into consideration. Plus, I know very little about most of the characters, aside form what's was on the DVDs, and the background stories, so it may be awhile (plus, half the reason why I have only one character, that being Ratchet, is due to it being more flexible with time). I'll see what I can do, and I'll let someone know, at some point, what my plans are.