Hasbro's Chief Operating Officer Speaks Out About the Upcoming Transformers Movie

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Aardvark

Hasbro's Chief Operating Officer Speaks Out About the Upcoming Transformers Movie

Post by Aardvark »

http://seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=7373
Brian Goldner, Hasbro's Chief Operating Officer, spoken out about the movie on Don Murphy's Message Board. He has made several post concerning the fans and the upcoming movie. Goldner says he will continue to try to answer questions as best as he can. Here are a few of his more important posts so far:

"I am reading all of this...the entire team has been reading along with your discussions since the start. We are listening. The movie is a work in progress, at this point. I will try to answer your questions, or will get the questions to members of the team to give you a proper answer...we are all as passionate as you...this I promise...bg"

The script is still being developed. The writers, producers, and Michael Bay want to ensure that the characters, Decepticons, and Autobots have great, developed personalities that bring the story to life. Again, the characters lines are still being written...for both Autobots and Decepticons.

I will try to dial in with you regularly....I have been reading all along, but felt it might be helpful to answer some questions, and certainly try to settle some rumors (so I signed up). This forum format is new to me, but this project is very important to us all, because we love this brand....this movie is going to be great. It's a great story...

Let me try to cover some important points (some of your other thoughts throw me off the trail, at times)... The team is going to audition original voice talent whereever possible....remember, several people played multiple characters in the animated movie. The characters are still being developed for Autobots, and Decepticons...the writers are very focused on creating great personalities across the board...based on the rich Transformers mythology...this is an origin story. It needs to start at the beginning. Also, you cannot underestimate the impact that LIVE ACTION will have on making our cast of TRANSFORMERS come to life in a way you have never experienced.....

I need to sign off for now. I am speaking to Don and Tom tonight.

We are all working as a team to make a great Transformers Movie...everyone on this project has this as a common goal...everyone.
You can find the original post Here

Rather then trawling through the thread and picking out quotes myself I took the more favourable option of quoting Seibertron’s report :)
-Alex???
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Where's the confirmation this is genuine?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Considering it just restates things we've been told elsewhere I'd say that even if it's made up it's 100% accurate.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

I'm not a doctor...
I mean I'm not registered on the site (But Bodycount is YAYAYAY) but from what I've read there's been talk of him taking a gander at the site. I think a senior (And apparently reliable;)) member by the name of Bowspearer said he would.

Still you'd have to be a pretty sad bastard to impersonate Brian Goldner and seeing as we're talking transformers here, I guess that's quite likely. There is nothing to distinguish him from any of the other members.
-Alex???
Angelophile
Protoform

Post by Angelophile »

Yeah, that is Brian Goldner. I think Don confirmed it somewhere publically, but I don't recall where.

Anyway, yeah, he's the real deal.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Aardvark
I think a senior (And apparently reliable
Same guy who's banned from TFW and is doing the "MAJOR CAUSE FOR CONCERN, MOVIE NEWS OF THE WORST KIND" headless chicken dance at the Allspark?
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Well I'm not a doctor...
Twas a wink in that line, mind you. But as I've said, I'm not a doctor.
-Alex???