Update: MP-6 Skywarp images

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
dedicon
Protoform

MP-6 is Skywarp??

Post by dedicon »

Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Post by the_escaflowne_2k »

Would make sense if it is true always assumed the next one would be a Starscream recolour, hope it is as well as i dont have the mold.
"all i can say is that my life is pretty plain, you don't like my point of view you think that i'm insane"
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

If this is in fact legit, I'm glad I passed up MP Starscream. Skywarp is who I initially wanted the MP seeker mold to be in the first place. If it's true - way to go Takara, you got it right this time!!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

If that is real, that is sooo sweet. And awfully logical. Only gripe would be that he has no obvious purple (the overmarking is purple, so it might just be contrast issues). I do hope that the few little niggles on Screamer have been ably taken care of eg the plastic stress issue raised by Knightdramon in his review.

I expect a TC soonest ;)

(Wow - got in before Numbat!!!!)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Originally posted by Clogs
If that is real, that is sooo sweet. And awfully logical. Only gripe would be that he has no obvious purple (the overmarking is purple, so it might just be contrast issues). I do hope that the few little niggles on Screamer have been ably taken care of eg the plastic stress issue raised by Knightdramon in his review.

I expect a TC soonest ;)

(Wow - got in before Numbat!!!!)

There's some purple shown on the shins, not much but its there.
"all i can say is that my life is pretty plain, you don't like my point of view you think that i'm insane"
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

What do I think? I think they may be planning to release one of the only two MP figures I'd actually care enough about to pay full price for (the other one is Black Convoy, and that one would require wrestling with my will, but would inevitably win out, especially since I don't have Prime). Well, maybe Thrust, too, so I guess that's one of three, if you count unlikely candidates.

I really like the look of the seekers, and Skywarp has my favorite color scheme, by far.
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Bah, also some purple on the arms and the chest, so we're looking at a randomly presented custom or -fingers crossed- the actual thing.
Clay

Post by Clay »

I'd file this under "Duh!". The biggest positive to making a Masterpiece Starscream to begin with was the fact that he has canon repaints. Starscream molds are profitable that way.

Incidentally, this will make Matt happy.
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Originally posted by Clay
The biggest positive to making a Masterpiece Starscream to begin with was the fact that he has canon repaints. Starscream molds are profitable that way.

Something thats positively lacking from the Megs mold, bar "complete Megatron" complete with all the add on gubbins that the original had.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Ah, but there's always "Megaplex" and Black Diaclone Megatron.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Damn, torrential rain and high winds have forced an early return today... (I don't mind the weather, it's just that results for owl surveys in such conditions aren't valid...)

Well, at least it forces me to tackle paperwork! (Going well, as you can tell...)

So Clogs beats me! ;)

Anyhoo - MP Skywarp is a nice idea, and one I would have expected to actually happen. And those pics look very nice - the scheme, as ever, works better that Screamer! Still, costs and all...

However, I must agree with RID Scourge - an MP Thrust would rock. I would find a way to buy that. (Never gonna happen though... Pity the Classic is so expensive as a Botcon Exclusive...)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Only problem is...it still won't fix the problems native to the mold itself.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Meh. Unless one of its flaws is the inherent ability to break at a glance, I'll live with the flaws
Originally posted by numbat
However, I must agree with RID Scourge - an MP Thrust would rock. I would find a way to buy that. (Never gonna happen though... Pity the Classic is so expensive as a Botcon Exclusive...)
Aye, it seems like, as of late, the premium stuff is quite expensive, partially expensive (that is, if you want all 6 seekers with a classics update, you can get three with relative ease, but the other three will cost you) or not really meant to be played with (I don't really have any titanium 6"ers yet, but I've heard they tend to loosen quite easily. Still won't be a deterrent in my getting the best (imo) Magnus in years, though).
numbat

Post by numbat »

Aye, it seems like, as of late, the premium stuff is quite expensive, partially expensive (that is, if you want all 6 seekers with a classics update, you can get three with relative ease, but the other three will cost you) or not really meant to be played with (I don't really have any titanium 6"ers yet, but I've heard they tend to loosen quite easily. Still won't be a deterrent in my getting the best (imo) Magnus in years, though).

Too true.

As to the Titaniums, I have three (G1 Rodimus Prime, Fallen and G1 Scourge), and would love to get hold of G1 Ultra Magnus. They do seem a mixed bag, mind. I love my three, and the only one with looseness is Scourge.

I doubt the Titanium line will be seeing a G1 Seeker mold though! So, MP and Classics seem to be the way, with Classics the only way to have all six Seekers (if you have the dosh or your partner won't have your balls for spending it!).

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Originally posted by numbat
I doubt the Titanium line will be seeing a G1 Seeker mold though! So, MP and Classics seem to be the way, with Classics the only way to have all six Seekers (if you have the dosh or your partner won't have your balls for spending it!).

In my case, it'd have to be some other part of the anatomy. It's usually the ears; man, can he nag!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

I think I'm going to cry...
ColdBain
Protoform

Post by ColdBain »

I hope this is true news, coz God Damn the Skywarp colours look awesome on the Masterpiece Starscream mould (seen enough custom paints to know :) ). I hope the colour scheme is a little more faithful to the G1 Cartoon Character, coz the white/silver, purple and black is such a distinctive scheme, so definitive.

I forced to wonder about the possibilty of more Masterpiece Seekers. It doesn't seem likely to me that they'd release Thundercracker next (if they were to release anymore after Skywarp) as Starscreams base colour (that grey blue) is almost a perfect shoe-in for Thundercracker's colour.

Again (and I've said this a million times), an Anime Coloured Starscream would be an awesome idea for an MP release. And who knows, they could make MP-08 all three of the original seekers, Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker (all G1 Cartoon Coloured Inspired of course).

HOWEVER, maybe I want to see a conehead masterpiece, like Dirge or Thrust. I'd like to see Thrust simply because of the interesting wings he has. It might mean a lot of alterations to a basic mould but meh, I'm sure they'd do it if it meant getting the bling-bling of their devoted customers...

***Someone mentioned earlier about the other 3 Classics Seekers, they are being released as exclusives? This is an extreme blow to my dream. I live far too far away for a Botcon or other Transformer conventions to be a viable financial option... to secure the other three seekers... :( ***
"At times like these, we've got to spell racecar backwards."
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by ColdBain

HOWEVER, maybe I want to see a conehead masterpiece, like Dirge or Thrust. I'd like to see Thrust simply because of the interesting wings he has. It might mean a lot of alterations to a basic mould but meh, I'm sure they'd do it if it meant getting the bling-bling of their devoted customers...

It's actually impossible to get a Conehead out of Masterpiece Starscream. You can't just swap out the nose of the plane like with the Classics toy - the entire fuselage would have to be redesigned to get the plane nose on top of the robot.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I would actually prefer to buy this over MP Starscream if only because I like the colors better, but I just didn't get boners over Starscream like other kids apparently did.
Clay

Post by Clay »

It's up for preorder at the BBTS now...

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail