1&Only Iraq Thread - Take 2

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Jim

1&Only Iraq Thread - Take 2

Post by Jim »

After recent events, and incredible surge in Iraq threads, we will keep it all in here.

A few ground rules!

1. Flame posts will be deleted.
2. Off-topic posts will be deleted.
3. Please do not bump left over Iraq threads as an alternative because they will be locked.

The last thread burned, so lets not do that again..
Strafe

Post by Strafe »

More ground rules!

Being anti-war DOES NOT mean you are the following.

1)Hippie
2)Self-Loather
3)Anti-American
4)Anti-Military
5)Coward
6)Pacifist
7)Democrat
8)Clinton lover
9)Appeaser
10)Saddam apologist
11)Pro-Terrorist
12)Left wing wacko

Anyone using those in their arguments will be subject to immediate refutation using the Strawman, Red Herring or Ad Hominem fallacies.

In other words you would be wrong. Completely and utterly wrong.
Strafe. You're a dick. Ishin_ookami - Dec 1st 2003
axio
Protoform

Post by axio »

Originally posted by Strafe
More ground rules!

1)Hippie
2)Self-Loather
3)Anti-American
4)Anti-Military
5)Coward
6)Pacifist
7)Democrat
8)Clinton lover
9)Appeaser
10)Saddam apologist
11)Pro-Terrorist
12)Left wing wacko

Anyone using those in their arguments will be subject to immediate refutation using the Strawman, Red Herring or Ad Hominem fallacies.

there went all of Sheba's arguments

eh, nothing we can do now. War is going to happen, all I'm hoping is that the casualties are light, no Iraqis are hurt, and that Bush doesn't get elected :)
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Originally posted by Strafe
More ground rules!

1)Hippie
2)Self-Loather
3)Anti-American
4)Anti-Military
5)Coward
6)Pacifist
7)Democrat
8)Clinton lover
9)Appeaser
10)Saddam apologist
11)Pro-Terrorist
12)Left wing wacko

And if you start flinging those around, or any insults, you get to deal with me.
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

And yes, boys and girls, that is a bad thing.
axio
Protoform

Post by axio »

wow, I was watching some Al-Jazeera commentaries, and they are basically stating that the United States is anti-Arab for being at the head of an unjust war. Scary stuff.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

This is just going to be one big mess.
I honestly hope to whatever that one of 2 things happens.

1. Saddam steps down.
2. The war is quick few losses in terms of civilians and Saddam is taken out quickly without too much destablization of the Middle East.

Sadly, I know both of these won't happen.

And most of all I am worried about my friends overseas ready to fight, not becuase they believe in the war, but they do believe in serving their country.

Sigh.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I'd like to respond to Autoprime720 from one of the threads closed earlier tonight - you are correct that you're not in the majority, and I'm not talking about just this messageboard, I'm talking about the whole world. Also, I'm not opposed to this war solely because I don't want to fight in it (I mean, if I didn't want to fight in it and they made me, I'd go to another country or cut off a toe - that's hypothetical btw), but because it's an unjust war and there are bigger fish to fry so to speak. I AM a pacifist, which means - I do not fight unless it's for immediate self-defense, and while I wouldn't consider war that kind of self-defense, if our country were actually being attacked, I would fight for it, but this is hardly that kind of a situation. Don't just assume that most of the people who are anti-war are cowards like that, because it's just not true and while you may think they're cowards for not supporting the war, that just doesn't make it so. It's not cowardly to not want an unjust war...
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Talk on Auros.

I mean if this were WW2 and there was a draft, hell yeah I would be ready to fight. But Iraq is not a threat as much as our government and many others make it out to be.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
axio
Protoform

Post by axio »

Originally posted by Ravage
But Iraq is not a threat as much as our government and many others make it out to be.

exactly, it REALLY peeves me off when people start saying "well they must have some evidence they aren't sharing"... why? Wouldn't they want worldwide support? That argument makes no sense what-so-ever.

If any country is deserving of a pre-emptive strike, its North Korea... but hey, who cares about them right?
Bombshell

My two cents. Deal with it or f*ck off.

Post by Bombshell »

Bush is the biggest moron on this entire planet (and considering some of the idiots living these days, that's really saying something). He's not going after Saddam because of oil or terrorism or some other bull**** reason. He's going after him because his dad failed to do the same thing ten years ago, and he wants to please his daddy any way possible.

Everybody knows that Bush wasn't too popular after the 2000 elections. Some people couldn't believe that he could do a good job. Then 9/11 rolls around, and he uses it as a means to boost his meandering popularity. And the fact that Bush is going to war without the UN's support only proves just how big an asshole he really is.
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

keep it clean...
axio
Protoform

Post by axio »

lol, I just wanna say that Strafe's list was pure genius, it shuttup a lot of people in a debate I was in :D
Hound

Post by Hound »

Like I said in the other thread, I hope Sheba's happy. I hope it gives her satisfaction to know that all the killing to come was something she was very gung-ho about. I hope she's smiling right now while so many others are living in fear...
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Sheba'll be handing out white feathers left right and centre [or center, for you allegedly English speaking Americans ;)]. Either than or knitting socks for "Our Boys" [TM]. Yeh, I know they won't need them, but it's the kind of thing people who think war is great as long as they're not directly involved do, it's not like they're intelligent or anything.
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Y'know what, we need Dr. Poth to drop by with his Saddam Hussein/Prime sig...:D
Computron

Post by Computron »

Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

You da man, Compy!
Ultimate Weapon

Re: My two cents. Deal with it or f*ck off.

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Originally posted by Bombshell
Bush is the biggest moron on this entire planet (and considering some of the idiots living these days, that's really saying something). He's not going after Saddam because of oil or terrorism or some other bull**** reason. He's going after him because his dad failed to do the same thing ten years ago, and he wants to please his daddy any way possible.
Actually Bush senior wanted to finish off Saddam but a UN mandate prevented him from doing so. SO again the UN has failed us. Also Bush senior encouraged Iraqie defectors to wage an uprising that was disastrous and many people were tortured and killed during this period.
Everybody knows that Bush wasn't too popular after the 2000 elections. Some people couldn't believe that he could do a good job. Then 9/11 rolls around, and he uses it as a means to boost his meandering popularity. And the fact that Bush is going to war without the UN's support only proves just how big an asshole he really is.

Actually 9/11 boosted his support and approval ratings through the roof. He had the world at his beckoning call, and thought this would carry over inot a worldwide coalition to disarm Iraq, which he has wanted to do since 1993. However the world and the UN backfired on Bush and he failed miserably at his task to gather worldwide support for the war.

Just remember that world wide opinion and consensus does not mean that it is the right way. Many countries have their own ties to Iraq that must be kept secret.
axio
Protoform

Post by axio »

examples of how easily convinced people are that we are doing the just thing?

I swear I'm surrounded by ignorance:
http://www.trapspeed.com/forums/showthr ... genumber=2

http://www.the-lot.net/board/index.php? ... 282581413c