TFC-004 Gear of War Accessory Set

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Ackula

TFC-004 Gear of War Accessory Set

Post by Ackula »

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... cture=aux2

Up for pre-order on BBTS, we have a new accessory set for TF Classics figures. The set includes the following....
2x Classics/Universe/Henkei firing Rocket Launchers - randomly filled from silver, black or red
1x Scaling Ladder for Henkei/Universe Inferno
1x Transforming Auto-Scout Tape Drone - to fit any G1 r G1-like reissue Soundwave-type figure.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Dammit! You beat me to posting. I thought it was old news. I'm sure i saw the tape thing elsewhere...

I hate the fact that the rockets are randomly selected. Just gimme one of each. Make it 3.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Ackula wrote:1x Transforming Auto-Scout Tape Drone - to fit any G1 r G1-like reissue Soundwave-type figure.
Ooo! That's a cool one!
borg72

Post by borg72 »

pictures of autoscout have been around for a month now. you might have seen it on derick J wyatts blog (as he seems to rather want one), or on TF08 boards, as the pic was included on the bottom of a post with some new movie toys.

it all looks pretty nifty, but the package is a bit redundant if you don't want either autoscout or the ladder. like me.

also, i wonder how easily the launchers will peg into sideswipes shoulder... i've still not managed his gun yet. and how does it attach to mirage?
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

borg72 wrote:and how does it attach to mirage?
I think it's called drilling a hole. Either that or a neodymium magnet always works. :up:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Treadshot A1 wrote:I think it's called drilling a hole. Either that or a neodymium magnet always works. :up:
if i have the nerve/skill to drill a random hole for this launcher, surely i'd have drilled a hole for any of the other gazillion weapons etc that i have/could-buy-for-much-less-than-this-set-will-probably-be?

I like also that their other ultra magnus 'city commander upgrade, uh, upgrade' comes with some g1 styled launchers. it's a shame that the city commander armor can't accomodate the actual g1 launchers, otherwise i'd just get two off ebay for a couple of quid.

oh, wait, it can.

can you tell i think these guys are just cashing in? only autoscout makes me think they aren't total hacks.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

borg72 wrote:can you tell i think these guys are just cashing in? only autoscout makes me think they aren't total hacks.
Well hey, the economic downturn means everyone needs a few more bucks... ;)

I think Autoscout won't be all it's cracked up to be. If it's at all as bad as the G1 Ravage (who, let's face it, had metal legs to weigh him down; this is probably fully plastic), then it will just fall over and not be of much use to anyone.

It would have been better as a mechanical aid to Glit. Though Ackula's point holds true, not many know Glit enough for it to sell.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
toyworks

Post by toyworks »

Treadshot A1 wrote:I'm sure i saw the tape thing elsewhere...
newbie company iGear is also making one, was reported not long ago:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... out/15038/

this is the company thats doing the other City Commander ugrade (the one with the sword i think) that was mentioned in the Universe/Classic Prime Trailer! thread ( http://www.tfarchive.com/community/show ... hp?t=45924 )
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

I kinda like it that accesoires are made for various other tf's just to make them better.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

toyworks wrote:newbie company iGear is also making one, was reported not long ago:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... out/15038/

this is the company thats doing the other City Commander ugrade (the one with the sword i think) that was mentioned in the Universe/Classic Prime Trailer! thread ( http://www.tfarchive.com/community/show ... hp?t=45924 )
Seems like a simple case of "HEY! Someone is making this, let's try it ourselves!"
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Clay

Post by Clay »

borg72 wrote:if i have the nerve/skill to drill a random hole for this launcher, surely i'd have drilled a hole for any of the other gazillion weapons etc that i have/could-buy-for-much-less-than-this-set-will-probably-be?

can you tell i think these guys are just cashing in? only autoscout makes me think they aren't total hacks.
Huh? What makes you think that you'll have to drill a hole in order for the missile to fit?
borg72

Post by borg72 »

does nobody read previous posts anymore?

@clay: I was responding directly to treadshots' immedietely previous comment about mirage not having an appropriate post-hole, and the cannon not having any other visible way of clipping on anywhere. I even quoted him and everything, just to be clear. honest, guv'nor!

@toyworks: yes. Thats the one we've been talking about. see the whole rest of the thread. and their 'upgrade' is for the city commander upgrade, not an aternative to it. again, just to be clear.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

You don't need to be so sarky or abrasive to everyone. Knock it off borgywoo.
Clay

Post by Clay »

borg72 wrote:does nobody read previous posts anymore?

@clay: I was responding directly to treadshots' immedietely previous comment about mirage not having an appropriate post-hole, and the cannon not having any other visible way of clipping on anywhere. I even quoted him and everything, just to be clear. honest, guv'nor!
Oh yeah, I mean I read that... but I just didn't see anything actually verifiable that would give the idea.

I mean I could say that you have to attach the missile with sticky-tak from what I can tell, but that has no bearing on the actual product.
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

$44.99?! Are they serious? I know it's a fan made project, but that seems a bit much for what is basically a couple of accessories.

EDIT: Also, this set is $29.90 over at robotkingdom.com. I've never ordered from them though. Are they any good?
Clay

Post by Clay »

Transformer Kamen wrote:$44.99?! Are they serious? I know it's a fan made project, but that seems a bit much for what is basically a couple of accessories.

EDIT: Also, this set is $29.90 over at robotkingdom.com. I've never ordered from them though. Are they any good?
Robotkingdom gave me no problems when I ordered from them, but keep in mind that they're in Hong Kong, so the increase in shipping will likely counter-balance any savings in item price.
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

Clay wrote:Robotkingdom gave me no problems when I ordered from them, but keep in mind that they're in Hong Kong, so the increase in shipping will likely counter-balance any savings in item price.
Ah. That explains that then. :)
borg72

Post by borg72 »

I thought sarcasm was the currency around here? oh, nevermind

*leaves thread*
toyworks

Post by toyworks »

borg72 wrote:does nobody read previous posts anymore?

@toyworks: yes. Thats the one we've been talking about. see the whole rest of the thread. and their 'upgrade' is for the city commander upgrade, not an aternative to it. again, just to be clear.
yes, i do (and did) read the entire post, and as far as i can see the "rest of the thread" is about the TFC-004 Gear of War set by TFC Toys, the company that brought us Starscream's Coronation set and Battle Rollar. And yes, this set by TFC Toys does include an Auto-Scout figure:
http://www.tfclub.com/art/20090110144912_1203.html
(if the page doesnt load, refresh a few times.)

I was referring to the other upcoming Auto-Scout figure, the one by iGear toys (and yes, it is different):
http://www.tf08.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=191

This is the company that, yes, is making the City Commander upgrade that INCLUDES a sword, the one that you "were talking about", for like, uh, one post.

The OTHER City Commander upgrade I was talking about is the one by SGCollect, WITHOUT a sword:
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... rchid=3051

Sorry if i got the two mixed up, i was going from memory. :|

And yes, you are correct, these are upgrades to the City Commander armor (from FansProject), which in itself is a Classics Ultra Magnus upgrade. Just to be clear.
toyworks

Post by toyworks »

aw, i just noticed that borg left. oh well...

sorry to everyone else for my belated tirade. :halo: