[BW,BM] immortal wuspinator

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
bluekatt
Protoform

immortal wuspinator

Post by bluekatt »

im quite s ure this has been adressed before
but what is it with waspinators seeming immortality ?
he get s blown to pieces scrapepd and slagged ona regular basis and yet he never dies
optimus primal gets blown up and dies ( rhinox has to venture in the matrix zone to get him back )
depthcharge and rampage get blown up and die
terrosaur and scorponok are molten down
quickstrike and inferno blown up by the nemesis and tigerhawk was fried
but waspinator always came back he always manged to pick him self back up ( tarantulus as well btw see changing of the guard )
so whats up with that ? a convient plot loop hole so they can keep on going blasting wuspy to scrap ?
is it because he can pul himself together and becaus ethere is s til live in him he didnt die yet
or is it an after affect after wuspy's run in with starscreams indestructable spark ?

or is it something else ?
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
Jhiaxus
Protoform

Post by Jhiaxus »

It's called Waspinator was a comic relief character who the writers decided would be the Wiley Coyote of the bunch. No big explanation needed. Waspinator was just there to make you laugh every once in awhile......and boy was he good at it. lol
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

that wil work
but it is fun speculating if there is more behind it
inferno was also a rather odd comic relief character

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

if you want a logical explanation, maybe waspinator was indestructible because when starscream took over his body starscreams indestructubleness rubbed off on waspinator, or maybe starscream really never left waspinators body and just pretended he did.
Jhiaxus
Protoform

Post by Jhiaxus »

No.......I still say that it was just cause the writers wanted Waspinator to be a comical character. But, that's just me talking.
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

the writers aren't usually logical though.
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

Originally posted by Transfannabeel
if you want a logical explanation, maybe waspinator was indestructible because when starscream took over his body starscreams indestructubleness rubbed off on waspinator, or maybe starscream really never left waspinators body and just pretended he did.

that sounds disgustingly logic and what i thought at first but wasnt waspinator scrapped before that ?
and fi that is indeed the case
what about inferno and tarantulus ? they were both scrapped on numerous ocassions

Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Maybe Waspinator had a simple mind, so that being scrapped didn´t really do any damage to it.
While others would have suffered serious damage from being destroyed.
In a perfect world, this would be a signature. As it stands, it's just the lack of.
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

Originally posted by Cyberman
Maybe Waspinator had a simple mind, so that being scrapped didn´t really do any damage to it.
While others would have suffered serious damage from being destroyed.

well maybe
but what about tarantulus ?
he was scrapped in the agenda and manged to pul himself togehter again
or inferno ? you coudl argue that inferon had a simple mind as well but he was more inteligent then wuspy

Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

the explosions that waspinator may have been less serious. But it was probably the writers didn't want to kill him
Amarant Odinson
Protoform

Post by Amarant Odinson »

Waspinator was a great running gag along the same lines as Kenny from South Park. Who cares why?? It was funny and it worked. The best is when the characters started to pick up on it too.
WRESTLING:
In Canada, its a Tradition... in Mexico, its a Religion.... in Japan, its a Sport... in America.... Its a Joke.

DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Transfannabeel

Well, then that would mean that Astrotrain, Dinosaurer, Scourge, and Cyclonus are all invincible and I don't think they survived all the way to Beast Wars (if they did they were imprisoned when the Autobots won the war after Japanese G2).

Exept Dinosaurer got killed in Zone, meaning he's not immortal.

Good theory, though.
Computron

Post by Computron »

Or just that Waspinator is actually like a real robot, in that if you blow it too pieces it doesn't matter, you can simply re-soldier all the bits together and its all working again -> provided there is no feedback to fry the brain chip.

:)
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

well, its obviously not meant to have a logical explanation. Another theory might be that waspinator had better armor then the other transformers.
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

Rampages death was a mystery, Optimus said in 'Bad Spark' protoform X was a attempt to replicate Starscreams indestructible spark but it suffered the same flaw as Starscream, hopelessly trecherous. Megatron even halved it, and if he was indestructible, rampage could have endured the pain and wiped out Megs. Plus he always took off whenever Depthcharge was set to extinguish him. Then in Nemesis part 2 we see Rampage and Depthcharge killed in a explosion, meaning the attempt to make it indestructible was a failure but he was deadly.

Waspinator on the other hand had fools luck, he avoided death in Aftermath by landing in a CR tank, he even took the brunt of Rampages nuke in 'Code of Hero' and pulled himself together for Optimal situation after Agenda part 2. He has a spark, but where his spark is located is a bit of a mystery, probarly in his head. He's probarly a descendant of a seeker/conehead as he was a good, skilled flyer, over confident, a bit of a nut and a marksman. In season one he teamed with Terrorsaur then in season 2 he was mostly seen with Quickstrike, Inferno and in season 3 they formed a trio.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Lambda prime
Rampages death was a mystery, Optimus said in 'Bad Spark' protoform X was a attempt to replicate Starscreams indestructible spark but it suffered the same flaw as Starscream, hopelessly trecherous. Megatron even halved it, and if he was indestructible, rampage could have endured the pain and wiped out Megs. Plus he always took off whenever Depthcharge was set to extinguish him. Then in Nemesis part 2 we see Rampage and Depthcharge killed in a explosion, meaning the attempt to make it indestructible was a failure but he was deadly.
Well, it was my assumption that Rampage's spark was suseptable to raw energon. Megatron used and enegon blade to cut it in half so obviously it was vulnerable to the power of Energon. And in his final battle with Depth Charge DC made a point to tell him that he was stabbing him throug the spark with raw energon.

So I think that Rampage's spark is invincible to age and most injuries but vulnerable to raw energon.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
Well, it was my assumption that Rampage's spark was suseptable to raw energon. Megatron used and enegon blade to cut it in half so obviously it was vulnerable to the power of Energon. And in his final battle with Depth Charge DC made a point to tell him that he was stabbing him throug the spark with raw energon.

Also, the box in which Megatron originally kept Rampage's spark (as in "Code of Hero") was supposedly lined with shards of Energon. That's why, when he squeezed down on it, it hurt Rampage.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by fort_max
Also, the box in which Megatron originally kept Rampage's spark (as in "Code of Hero") was supposedly lined with shards of Energon. That's why, when he squeezed down on it, it hurt Rampage.

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

Then I wonder, in Possession, Starscream landed on an Energon crystal which Blackarachnia then blew up. So his spark is immune to energon explosions but not energon blades?

Of course, you could just say the blast was weak since it didn't destroy Waspinator's body...
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
Then I wonder, in Possession, Starscream landed on an Energon crystal which Blackarachnia then blew up. So his spark is immune to energon explosions but not energon blades?

Of course, you could just say the blast was weak since it didn't destroy Waspinator's body...

Or it could be argued that the process that created Rampage's spark resulted in minor differences, up to and including Energon weaknesses (and, of course, the insanity).

The end result being Starscream (immune to the effects) and Rampage (the not quite right carbon copy who is not).

Just a thought.
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

Originally posted by Lambda prime
. He has a spark, but where his spark is located is a bit of a mystery, probarly in his head. .

i take it that also explains inferno's and tarantulus seeming invunrability ( tarantulus was blown to bits in the agenda and inferno squashed in ..changin off the guard i think)