Don Murphy bits about the TF movie

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Don Murphy bits about the TF movie

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.donmurphy.net/board/showthre ... eadid=1607

About the general outline:
I want to point out again- if ALL we wanted were robots smasking **** we would be doing this all CGI or mo cap or 2D.
This is going to be an event LIVE ACTION film in which HUMANS are a significant component.
About the main characters:
There will be several human characters.
And several Autobots.
And several Decepticons.

Thus only a FEW of each will get screen time to be fully developed.
They all could appear, but like Wolverine, only a few will be prominent.
About the number of main characters (the old "seven main characters for both sides" comment):
7 is still in play, but again, number 7 might have minmal emphasis- think Iceman in part 1/
About the human factor:
In Star Wars, even the crappy new ones, the CG characters interact with the humanoids. Go ahead call me wrong. I'm not. If it were just creatures fighting creatures in the arena of Clones, who cares? But our heroes who are just like us might buy the farm- that's tense.

Tell me ANY live action films where the CGI characterS were the MAIN, PREDOMINANT roles in the film.

I can't think of any. Cause that isn't what live action IS.

Did you read the Dreamwave reboot volume one? Now before we get three threads of guesses, we are NOT following that story. But the humans are crucial to that story. Read it.
About the origin of the Transformers:
They come from Cybertron
They are not man made
They are here because we have the matrix (probably can't call it that anymore)
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Tell me ANY live action films where the CGI characterS were the MAIN, PREDOMINANT roles in the film
Garfield.

Bring it.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

If memory serves me right, Jar Jar had a pretty big role in Episode 1. ANd CGI Yoda has had big roles in theprequels as well.
Grimlock2983
Protoform

Post by Grimlock2983 »

Did anyone see the Hulk? Or Hellboy? Weren't those both live-action movies with CGI main characters?
Blaster: "Grimlock, look over there!"

Grimlock: "You think Grimlock stupid, fall for trick."

Blaster: "Well, yes and no. Yes, I think you're stupid. But no, it's not a trick."

*Decepticons attack while Blaster and Grimlock battle for leadersihp of the Autobots, Issue #41*
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Hulk yes, Hellboy was a suit.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
I Hate Dirge
Protoform

Post by I Hate Dirge »

Yet more proof to support my view that Don Murphy is a raving lunatic. i'll reserve judgement until I see it, but I do have a horrible feeling that this film is going to be complete rubbish.

I mean, when he talks about Star Wars, obviously there are Humans in it and they're a main part. The films are all about humans and aliens interacting etc.
Transformers is mainly about the Transformers rather than humans. Granted, there have to be humans in it, but if the Transformers aren't going to be the main characters in it, then why not rename the film "some crappy humans who probaably have a love story that no one cares about that occasionally has some large alien robots in it"?
"A Bad day for me is still better than a good day for anyone on your side of the freeway".
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

The more this man talks, the more I despair.:(
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

Somehow I'm getting images of seeing Jar-Jar Prime in the movie, which isn't a good thing by a long shot.. Perhaps someone needs to hand Don Murphy a cluepon or two & encourage him to use them...
AutobotJazz
Protoform

Still hoping

Post by AutobotJazz »

I cant beleive all the negative feelings flying around about a movie that isn't out yet. Theres still alot to happy about...I mean how long have we waited for a film like this...for ever...or atleast since the nightmare that was TF-The Moive (anime styling aint everything remember.)

I'm a fan and I'm looking forward to it...I'm liking the idea of the Matrix (or what ever they end up calling it) being on earth.

And if is the biggest pile of slag then I'll eat my Jazz figure...well the re-issue not the original...I'm confident but not dumb.

Later peeps.
phoenix

Oh my Primus

Post by phoenix »

About the general outline:
Human live on Earth, but are not prominent character, this is TF: the 2nd Movie, or some sort of this

About the main characters:
More than only 14 Bot (7+7), as supposed before ...

About the number of main characters (the old "seven main characters for both sides" comment):
... But, if you speak of XMen part 1, we suppose that one or two sequel/spin off are planned for the future

About the human factor:
NO film about TF surfaced since YET as Live Action, but, if you want a film about TF, you must have a massive use of CGI, and TF to be the PIVOTAL point of the STORY

About the origin of the Transformers:
We have the Matrix ??? Why? This is an insane way to bring TF to Earth!

Overall: this movie will be a big FAILED attempt to do something with TF
Halfshell

Re: Oh my Primus

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by phoenix
We have the Matrix ??? Why?

I dare say that'll be covered in the actual movie.

One would be shocked to discover that such an integral plot device would lack even minor contextual justification.

I've mellowed to the human element. If done right, of course. Alien, Predator, Terminator - these would have been worthless if they lacked the central human characters, yet the humans are not what the films are generally remembered for.

My initial reservations were based on the horrid track record of human-oriented stories in the Transformers mythos. If they can escape the Prime Directive/Shooting Star direction and lean more toward the type of human interaction seen in the previously cited movies, I for one would be happy.

Though it is worth noting that the "threats" in Alien, Predator and Terminator weren't exactly fully fledged characters in the same way Transformers should be. Therefore this project shouldn't require the same heavy reliance on the human characters as those three... but still, vague direction would be nice.
AutobotJazz
Protoform

See this is what Im talking about

Post by AutobotJazz »

This is what I'm talking about.
Its certainly possible to make a TF flick with out everything you see being some kind of digital trickery. For instance did you know that in the up coming FF film the Thing is a suit...kinda like Hellboy - CGI will be used for more action shots.

Not that I'd recommend using a suit for someone like Prime but providing the CGI is good, the interaction between man and manchine will look fantastic (insert prayer for a non-anoying spike or primus forbid, Chip Chase *shudders*.)

And the guest that posted before me is making WAY too many assumptions about sequels, like X-Men. Not to have a go at him or anything...
AutobotJazz
Protoform

Jar Jar Prime

Post by AutobotJazz »

Perfect idea for a fan-parody

Prime 'Me-sa Prime, Autobots rollie out-sa'

Ironhide (Southern Accent) 'Ah reckon Phrames a frowg'

Jazz 'I pity the foo'...I aint transforming to no car...wheres my milk etc.':laugh:

Apologies for my terrible spelling!
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

You know what this Image is?
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
AutobotJazz
Protoform

Post by AutobotJazz »

Yeah but I dont get what you're hinting at. Want to help me out?
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Double-posting(i.e. posting twice in a row when there is no reason to do so) is considered bad form.
In a perfect world, this would be a signature. As it stands, it's just the lack of.
Chromia

Re: Jar Jar Prime

Post by Chromia »

Originally posted by AutobotJazz
Perfect idea for a fan-parody

Prime 'Me-sa Prime, Autobots rollie out-sa'

Ironhide (Southern Accent) 'Ah reckon Phrames a frowg'

Oh, dear Lord, just shoot me now.

Do not give that man any ideas..................:glance:
Dead Man Wade

Re: See this is what Im talking about

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by AutobotJazz
I cant beleive all the negative feelings flying around about a movie that isn't out yet. Theres still alot to happy about...I mean how long have we waited for a film like this...for ever...or atleast since the nightmare that was TF-The Moive
When this all started out, I felt the same way. However, after a certain amount of time, it gets real hard to be in any way optimistic about this.

And frankly, I'm not going to go see it just because I've been waiting for so long. If this continues, I'll probably skip it altogether.
Its certainly possible to make a TF flick with out everything you see being some kind of digital trickery. For instance did you know that in the up coming FF film the Thing is a suit...kinda like Hellboy - CGI will be used for more action shots.

The problem is, those are fairly normal sized characters. If you use people in suits at all, it's probably going to wind up looking like Power Rangers.
Blacknife
Protoform

Post by Blacknife »

Originally posted by Illyria
Garfield.

Bring it.

Not the greatest example to pull out...
But, I guess he didn't extend his claim to "main CGI non-human character movie that was a full out success"...and I think he was implying that part of it.
AutobotJazz
Protoform

Post by AutobotJazz »

Fort Max

And frankly, I'm not going to go see it just because I've been waiting for so long. If this continues, I'll probably skip it altogether.

I can see where you're coming from...my greatest fear is that the CGI bits will look like Power Rangers - The Movie...and that was dire. Men in suits wouldve been better.

I get the feeling that if it does keep getting worse (i.e. whats the writer done?) then I'll still see it...if only out of morbid curiosity.

On a different note - many apologys for double posting. Not my intention...though I'd shouldve realised its not a good idea. Still...not a protoform for nothing.