Stupid, stupid cartoon bit

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cliffjumper

Stupid, stupid cartoon bit

Post by Cliffjumper »

Just watching Desertion of the Dinobots for the first time properly... now, there's an idiotic bit at the start... first of all, Soundwave, the recognisable tape deck with a great big Decepticon symbol has sneaked into the back of Ironhide. How'd he mange that? Did he climb in? Did he do the ol' MTMTE and Blaster carried him in? Blaster must be able to see him, as he spots Ravage no problem. Now, then Soundwave transforms and legs it, while Blaster and Ravage hump in the back of Ironhide. After about a fortnight, Ironhide transforms and ask's what the heck's going on.

At this point, my brain left.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

"Hey, look! A walkman! I bet this thing gets even better reception inside the volcano somehow!"
Piranacon
Protoform

Post by Piranacon »

Another event where the obvious symbol was not recognized was in the episode "Make Tracks". Where Tracks was on the the line to get scrapped and it went past 4 decepticons(one being Megatron) unnoticed with that giant symbol on his hood.
________
OG KUSH SEEDS
I Hate Dirge
Protoform

Post by I Hate Dirge »

Desertion of the Dinobots baffled me as well.

That particular bit with soundwave was very poor. I really don't understand why some think it is the best two-parter of the whole TF series. I mean, that scene apart, its Ok, but there are some better episodes than that.
"A Bad day for me is still better than a good day for anyone on your side of the freeway".
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

The only things I really like are that Shockwave's very nearly menacing for about two minutes [including his handy gun that vapourises cars, but leaves those inside unharmed - how sweet! :)] and Swoop getting to do something other than cheerlead for Grimlock.

Wait, I get all that in the comic, and Swoop gets a decent colour scheme, and does not sound like a wanker.
Grandmaster Shockwaeve
Protoform

Post by Grandmaster Shockwaeve »

Eh, Desertion of the Dinobots is still fairly entertaining overall, which is more than can be said for many other episodes. Or maybe I just like it because they gave Shockwave half a ball for once.

The Autobot Run, for instance, which I made the mistake of watching the other day. Either it's the worst of the episodes, or the series is a lot poorer than I remembered.
I Hate Dirge
Protoform

Post by I Hate Dirge »

I didn't say I didn't enjoy it, just that I can't understand why people "rave" about it, when its reasonable, but nothing special.

Am I the only one who thinks that even though it did actually give Shockwave something to do, it made him out to be even more whimpish. i mean defeated by Spike and Carly. Hardly the highlight of your career is it?
"A Bad day for me is still better than a good day for anyone on your side of the freeway".
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Grandmaster Shockwaeve

The Autobot Run, for instance, which I made the mistake of watching the other day. Either it's the worst of the episodes, or the series is a lot poorer than I remembered.

That episode also marks the only time Shockwave ever visited Earth.
I Hate Dirge
Protoform

Post by I Hate Dirge »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
That episode also marks the only time Shockwave ever visited Earth.

Not quite. He also briefly appears in the Decepticon undersea base in Starscream's Brigade, along with Reflector.
Lord Decepticon
Protoform

Post by Lord Decepticon »

will they dont call them robots in disguise for nothing
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

And ironhides head of security?!
No wonder the Autobots were losing!
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
Lord Decepticon
Protoform

Originally posted by Lambda prime
And ironhides head of security?!
No wonder the Autobots were losing!

Ironhide security director?
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by I Hate Dirge
Not quite. He also briefly appears in the Decepticon undersea base in Starscream's Brigade, along with Reflector.

Hahaha alright, fine!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Possible case for Ravage's stealthing extending to Soundwave?

I like that in this episode Grimlock a) appears to know his way around Cybertron and b) is vaguely coherent. Probably the best showing for the cartoon Dinobots IMO, although that isn't saying a great deal.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Denyer
Possible case for Ravage's stealthing extending to Soundwave?

****, Professor Smooth's hijakced Denyer's account!

Seriously, though, why would Ravage actually turn off his stealth ability when he actually starts his mission? Maybe it was some sort of kinky thing? Y'know, some sexual game where he gets Soundwave's Autobot counterpart and shags him in the back of Ironhide? The way people from Texas like to shag their fathers in laws in the back of vans?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Nah, I've always just assumed that Soundwave has access to the abilities of his tapes to some degree.

Just rewatched that, and crikey is there no excuse... in fact, I dimly recall thinking it stupid when I first saw it over ten years ago.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'm trying to think how I missed something so monumentally dumb on the DiVX rips you sent me - I definitely watched Desertion too, as most of the rest of the start was clear as a bell in my memory.

I mean, it's another moment where Ironhide goes all WWFF on us... I remember there being a great one involving him waving like a pillock before getting frozen in The Immobilizer. Prime's body guard? That'd work best if Optimus carried him around as used him as a shield...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE SCENE - The Ark. Optimus Prime is addressing his fellow Autobots, trusty bodyguard Ironhide at his side. Suddenly, Skywarp teleports into the Ark, with a death mega laser gun thing.

SKYWARP: DIE AUTOBOT!

IRONHIDE: No! Ah murst save Prahm!

*Ironhide prepares an In The Line of Fire dive, but spots a penny on the floor*

IRONHIDE: Ooooh, shiny

OPTIMUS FURMAN: SHEARGH! IT NEVER ENDS!
Grandmaster Shockwaeve
Protoform

Post by Grandmaster Shockwaeve »

Originally posted by I Hate Dirge:

Not to mention in Fire on the Mountain and TF:TM.

Was Spike there? Maybe Soundwave pulled a MTMTE on him, because if there's one thing characters never do, it's learn. Then he put him in the back with Blaster, because when you're testing a toy airplane, a minivan and one tapedeck just isn't enough.
Lord Decepticon
Protoform

Originally posted by Grandmaster Shockwaeve
Not to mention in Fire on the Mountain and TF:TM.

Was Spike there? Maybe Soundwave pulled a MTMTE on him, because if there's one thing characters never do, it's learn. Then he put him in the back with Blaster, because when you're testing a toy airplane, a minivan and one tapedeck just isn't enough.

fire on the moutain, plus some people are just retarted such as the army

Hey don't forget your tape recorder
a fresh brand new tape recorder is sitting on the ground at a army base
and the guy is like I dont have a tape recorder, but what the hell

in Auto Beserk
Cloud Strife
Protoform

Post by Cloud Strife »

Something else thats pretty dumb, watch Season 3 and you'll notice that only Galvatron seems able to actually shoot people on a regular basis. My brother pointed that one out to me.