TFcon Toronto 2010 - July 17-18th latest updates

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
TFCon

TFcon Toronto 2010 - July 17-18th latest updates

Post by TFCon »

The first voice actor guest for TFcon 2010 is Mark Ryan. He began working on the 2007 film Transformers during filming as the on-set voice of several different robots. This work continued throughout filming and into editing, prior to the actual casting of voice-over talent. He was then cast as the voice of the character Bumblebee. Ryan also voices Ironhide and Hoist for the Activision video game based on the film. He returned to voice Bumblebee as well as Jetfire for the sequel Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and standing in for the robots during principal photography.

TFcon 2010 will take place July 17th and 18th in Toronto.
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

TFCon wrote: and standing in for the robots during principal photography.
Little short for a storm trooper...

Wouldn't it be easier to just have a mirror ball on a stick or something? How exactly does one stand in for a giant robot?

Although to be fair someone was credited with voicing Jolt and IRRC he may have said "Hnnnnnrrrgghh!" in the final cut, during his electric whip macguffin scene.

These are questions I shall ask him!
Xeno-the-Hedgehog
Protoform

Post by Xeno-the-Hedgehog »

While you're at it, ask him the name of the third Cycle Sister.
TFCon

Post by TFCon »

Wildrider wrote:How exactly does one stand in for a giant robot?
Reading the lines for them...
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Did 'Bee have any non-radio lines in ROTF? Or are they referring to his various brzzt, vwoop, cough noises?
I like bears.
TFCon

TFcon 2010 Night-bird exclusive limited to 1000 pieces

Post by TFCon »

Registration information for TFcon 2010 is now online including details regarding the exclusive Night-bird figure which is limited to 1000 pieces. You can check out the TFcon website and email now for the registration form.
There is also a non-attendee package this year for collectors interested in the TFcon 2010 exclusive Night-bird so get your order in early!

TFcon 2010 will take place July 17th and 18th in Toronto. Special guests include Mark Ryan - Transformers Movie Bumblebee and Jetfire. You can also RSVP for TFcon 2010 on Facebook.
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

So, Arcee recolour? Guess it might be cool.
"I dunno about you, but whenever I get confused I always mutilate the person next to me."
-Cliffjumper
Sades

Post by Sades »

Shrapnel Clone wrote:recolour
I stopped thinking these were really cool about 2-3 years ago. Now, it's like "Okay, which colours do I like best? Hmmm... that one. Okay, I'll get that mould". If I buy any at all. Still, it's an interesting addition.

Unfortunately, Toronto may as well be another country for me right now. It is significantly closer to me than any other TF convention, so I might just make it out one day. That might be the same mythical "one day" I use when talking about other conventions, however.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Shrapnel Clone wrote:So, Arcee recolour? Guess it might be cool.
...before Arcee gets full retail release? ArrrrrrRRRRRRRGGggggGGGhhhHHHHHH!!!!
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Thunderwave wrote:...before Arcee gets full retail release? ArrrrrrRRRRRRRGGggggGGGhhhHHHHHH!!!!
Yeah, sucks, doesn't it? I know I won't be getting one (TRU exclusive. Pah!).
"I dunno about you, but whenever I get confused I always mutilate the person next to me."
-Cliffjumper
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Shrapnel Clone wrote:Yeah, sucks, doesn't it? I know I won't be getting one (TRU exclusive. Pah!).
Pffft. I work at a TRU and I still haven't even seen one in person yet. It's frustrating to say the least.
caldar
Protoform

Post by caldar »

Thunderwave wrote:Pffft. I work at a TRU and I still haven't even seen one in person yet. It's frustrating to say the least.
More are on their way. I'm seeing them at TRU and online prices have plummeted because more are showing up in the stores.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Art doesn't look like the Animated figure, but it's the logical base...
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Denyer wrote:Art doesn't look like the Animated figure, but it's the logical base...
The Arcee figure is a fan-creation (though I forget which group is doing it) which is being further altered for the convention. It's not a Hasbro release.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

If her Caring level were higher than a 6, I'd be interested. I need a Fembot with more empathy.
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

iaconhub2005
Protoform

Derrick J. Wyatt to TFcon Toronto July 17th and 18th

Post by iaconhub2005 »

Hey guys, some TF Animated Love, direct from the
TFcon website:

TFcon is very pleased to be able to welcome back Derrick J. Wyatt to TFcon this year. The Art Director/Lead Character Designer for Transformers Animated, Wyatt will be taking part in Q&A panels and autograph sessions.

TFcon 2010 will take place July 17th and 18th in Toronto. Special guests include David Kaye - the voice of Beast Wars Megatron and Transformers Animated Optimus Prime, Mark Ryan - Transformers Movie Bumblebee and Jetfire, Hasbro Canada and artist Dan Khanna with more TBA. Pre-orders are now open for the TFcon 2010 exclusive figure Night-bird limited to 1000 pieces. For more details check out http://www.tfcon.ca.
TFCon

Derrick J. Wyatt to attend TFcon Toronto 2010

Post by TFCon »

TFcon is very pleased to be able to welcome back Derrick J. Wyatt to TFcon this year. The Art Director/Lead Character Designer for Transformers Animated, Wyatt will be taking part in Q&A panels and autograph sessions.

TFcon 2010 will take place July 17th and 18th in Toronto. Special guests include David Kaye - the voice of Beast Wars Megatron and Transformers Animated Optimus Prime, Mark Ryan - Transformers Movie Bumblebee and Jetfire, Hasbro Canada and artist Dan Khanna with more TBA. Pre-orders are now open for the TFcon 2010 exclusive figure Night-bird limited to 1000 pieces. For more details check out http://www.tfcon.ca.
iaconhub2005
Protoform

First look at TFcon 2010 exclusive Night-bird box art

Post by iaconhub2005 »

First look at TFcon 2010 exclusive Night-bird box art

The TFcon website has been updated with the first look at the TFcon 2010 exclusive Night-bird box art. Those interested in reserving this figure can check out the registration information on the website. There is also a non-attendee package being offered this year for collectors interested in the TFcon 2010 exclusive Night-bird toy but can't make it to Toronto.

TFcon 2010 will take place July 17th and 18th in Toronto. Special guests include David Kaye - the voice of Beast Wars Megatron and Transformers Animated Optimus Prime, Mark Ryan - Transformers Movie Bumblebee and Jetfire, the Art Director and Lead Character Designer for Transformers Animated - Derrick J. Wyatt, Hasbro Canada and artist Dan Khanna with more TBA. Pre-orders are now open for the TFcon 2010 exclusive figure Night-bird limited to 1000 pieces. For more details check out http://www.tfcon.ca.

(mods, if this is in the wrong area, pls feel free to move, thanks!)