Transformers #9 preview.

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Grayfox
Protoform

Transformers #9 preview.

Post by Grayfox »

Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

So the big preview is a news reporter talking shite and Onslaught arriving to kill some soldiers.

And this is supposed to convince me it's better than the abysmal issue eight how?
snavej

Post by snavej »

This reminds me of the first appearance of the Combaticons in the US G1 comic, where they liked to roll in shooting [and Optimus Prime's mind fitted onto a floppy disk]. The newsreader with the frozen (botoxed?!) face reminds me of 'The Dark Knight', where they had regular TV news reports of Batman & co. Where's Batman when we need him?

I think that energon is a new kind of chewing gum, but I may be wrong. I'll try chewing some later and see what happens. :)
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

They better not form together to make Bruticus. Enough with the gestalts already.

And is it just me or does there seem to be a lack of sound in those scenes. Its odd and reads very flat.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The Decepticons working for North Korea? Tasteful. Especially as IDW style frothy nonsense Transformers is the last comic in the world that should be trying real politics. Did the world learn nothing from Die Another Day?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Bucquoy

Post by Bucquoy »

Woohoo. Beware of rogue states. :-/

3+ pages to show that Onslaught can take out a few soldiers and a tank? Gngngn... Gngngngngn, if the tank is Brawl in another game of "infiltrating the military". Sensible, of course, but I think we've had this quite a few times during the last two years.
minimus-minor

Post by minimus-minor »

Yawn. Booooring. I still haven't lost hope with Costa tho. His single character pieces are good and at least now there's an artist who actually can draw Transformers on the team. People like Guidi, right? And he seems to be adhering to Don's style - look at those thighs and joints.

Oh, and looky there! Don's cover! Bumblebee has a face!! Shock horror!
Freedom is not dispensed here, sentient fools, only death! *BLAM*