Dreamwave = Amusing!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cliffjumper

Dreamwave = Amusing!

Post by Cliffjumper »

http://www.newsarama.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ul ... =000035;p=

We'll look over the fact that whoever gave that press release out is claiming the debut of Hot Rod, Arcee & Magnus, and focus on this: -

"Also, G1 Vol. 2 will be Dreamwave’s first foray into developing a definitive Transformers continuity that will lay the groundwork for any and all future storylines"

A definitive Transformers continuity eh? Try having a go at a story which doesn't contradict itself before you try this, dears... Only pipped by Ravage's insistence that people shouldn't eb allowed to outbid him on auctions as most amusing thing of the day...
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

You know Quickie if you have some problem with me why don't you PM me.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

It's just general comment. I see no mention of him having a problem with you.

And both are very amusing.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Brend summed it up nicely. The whingeing about auctions I 'd find annoying if anyone said it, as ebay works fine that way. Your options are to snipe, which despite what many people think think is totally legitimate, or put in a large proxy bid. The systems you have suggested have been laughable...

On topic, I can really see a six-issue limited series having people ignore Marvel, the original cartoon, the Beast series... ho-hum.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Shrugs whatever I don't like being made fun of in other posts and I don't see anything that wrong with the system but whatever, I am sure you all know far more about business processes than myself anyway. I mean being 3 months away from my Masters in Business Admin must mean I know nothing. Anyway moving on.

Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

What on Earth has bidding on an ebay auction got to do with business qualifications? I mean, honestly? I wouldn't exactly call what you were on about [like the 1st loser in an auction apparently getting to bid to beat the winner, from what I could gather... which makes about as much sesne as YEC... you one of them by chance?] "business systems"...
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Still would be a way for Ebay to make more money on auctions anyway. But whatever I have more pressing matters to worry about than explaining my logic to you.

Hound

Post by Hound »

I'll say this, I won every single TF I've got from ebay by sniping.

Now BACK ON TOPIC:

I'm not against creating a new continuity. If it makes sense and interesting stories come out of it then good. It'd be one up on past continuities. Hopefully Dreamwave can make this work. I have a feeling that it will only get people complaining that it's "different". That Saracinni(sp?) guy isn't writing it so this new mini might be really good dispite the cover art. Though notice Hound about to wallop Cliffjumper upside the head...;)
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Well, Sarracini did a great job with Armada.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
Well, Sarracini did a great job with Armada.

While not poor, it wasn't "great". At least by my estimation...
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

I don't mind new continuity, I'm even happy that it is new one.
There was nothing more to do with Marvel comic one.
And now it is possible to have interesting story starting from the begining.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

I would just be happy if Pat Lees covers actually reflect the story and artwork on the inside, *shrugs*
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Hound
While not poor, it wasn't "great". At least by my estimation...

Well, maybe great is too strong a word. I think it was good. The only Armada issue I didn't like was issue 3.
Gundam Primus
Protoform
Location: [Billy Madison] "Back to school..back to school..to prove to Dad that I'm not a fool.."[/B

Post by Gundam Primus »

What interests me is whether DW has the ingenuity to make this new storyline intriguing enough to set it apart from the older storylines- the cartoon, the Marvel G1 comic. Much like Quicksilver said, they do have a lot to live up to.

*laugh* That cover gimmick is a hoot.
:) Thanks to Quicksilver and Stone Cold Skywarp for their help.
Without resolution, we cannot fight." - Trowa Barton, Gundam Wing

The God of Death is back from Hell! - Duo Maxwell (I love that one.)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I appear to have bbeen misinterpreted a little... it's not a new continuity I'm objected to - I loved te fact that G1 at least followed a new continuity, becuase it means as far as I'm concerned, taking a variant of the Marvel continuity as 'my' myhtos', I can ignore the sorry waste of paper that was Vol. 1, and therefore Vol. 2 as well. I just found the idea of a new "definitive" continuity hilarious - the idea that Dreamwave are going to have people writing the Marvel, Sunbow & Mainframe stuff off as some second-rate spin-off, and take DW continuity as The Ultimate. I just find that naive and over-reaching in the extreme.
Gundam Primus
Protoform
Location: [Billy Madison] "Back to school..back to school..to prove to Dad that I'm not a fool.."[/B

Post by Gundam Primus »

Ah. I get it now. Well, in that respect, let DW embarrass themselves. But since it's G1, I'm obliged to at least give it a look-see. :)
:) Thanks to Quicksilver and Stone Cold Skywarp for their help.
Without resolution, we cannot fight." - Trowa Barton, Gundam Wing

The God of Death is back from Hell! - Duo Maxwell (I love that one.)
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

It looks like their gonna bring Unicron in to conquer Cybertron and enslave the Earth Autobots, and Mork and Mindy will help them and Prime and Megatron are Gay lovers. See I agree with Mr. Denyer who cares about these plot loops as long as the art looks like the covers on the inside.;)
Scarrita
Protoform

Post by Scarrita »

Would it be sacrelige if I said that I just don't like Pat Lee's rendition of the Transformers? His size ratio exaggeration is just rediculous...

Just wondering.

Although I will admit that his drawing ability is a million-billion times better than mine.
Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe
something your intellect would otherwise cause
you to reject -- otherwise there's no need for faith.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Eh, I'd still give Vol. 2 a chance before writing it off completely. Who knows, maybe they learned from their mistakes...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
I agree with Mr. Denyer who cares about these plot loops as long as the art looks like the covers on the inside.;)
No, TWW just has lots of nice cake frosting bits... and you're quoting someone else, I believe...