Rid "VS." G1

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
sprites touch
Protoform

Rid "VS." G1

Post by sprites touch »

Although set in an alternate Universe, I find Rid Priem to be very much in charecter with G1 Prime, voice, behavior and all. X brawn sounds kinda like Trailbraker.
on the other hand RiD is much more comic and anime stile.
I haven't decided who I like better G1 combaticons or RiD combatrons, regarding both charecter and robot modes (RiD is more toyish).
what do you think?

------------------

Looking through somebody else's eyes doesn't make you see better,
but it just might help you to understand their world.
------------------------
Original artwork by HMB3
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

I'm a lover of G1.so my awnser will allways be the same awnser.
G1 has many faults but when its good its the best.
I am mixed about the combatcicons .Some RiD colours are better but some G1 are great too.

------------------
ONE RING is the Trademark of Sauron Enterprises (Overseas) Incorporated (a division of Dark Lord Enterprises LLC), a Caymans Island Corporation, used under licence, all rights reserved.
Sauron Enterprises* will vigourously protect its intellectual property rights - this means YOU hobbit !!
Always the shadow grows anew !!

*Sauron Enterprises is represented by Dewey, Cheatham & Howe attorneys to the dark and disembodied, no work refused.
Weirdwolf and Monzo

Post by Weirdwolf and Monzo »

I, too go with G1. Bricks yes, but there was just something about them that set them apart from all the rest. RiD is nice, though, I love the articulation animation is pretty smooth for the show, but it's just not G1. Image

------------------

<A HREF="http://www.wildcatblue.com/users/ukcats" TARGET=_blank> Visit the Transformers
Homage Homepage--Now with
a Message Board!</A>
Quickswitch6

Post by Quickswitch6 »

all toys are equal in my world!

------------------
I am the only Autobot six changer. Alittle respect please..
Astrotrain99
Protoform

Post by Astrotrain99 »

I still prefer G1 overall.

------------------
*TWF Alliance Member*

Astrotrain trips: Come take a cruse of the lovely planet of Char, er... ok, maybe not that lovely.
Prowl?
Protoform

Post by Prowl? »

As a G1 fan, I really enjoy Rid. Now this might sound funny, but after almost five years of enduring 'organic' and 'transmental' forms of beasts, it's great to see modern day cars, planes, jets, trains and millitary weapons return in the transformers universe. Granted, alot of the RiD line are repaints of some G1/BW stuff, but there is a certain satisfaction of seeing Optimus prime transform into a gigantic truck, instead of a monkey.

BTW, I love your new sig Weirdwolf & Monzo!

------------------

----------------------------------
If you don't enjoy intelligent conversation, drop me a line at:
Prowl?
AIM: PROWLDAMMIT
-----------------------
Weirdwolf and Monzo

Post by Weirdwolf and Monzo »

Thanks, Prowl? ! Image The idea just popped in my head last night when I was watching TV and a Charlie's Angels DVD commercial came on...and I glanced up at the Car Brothers for some reason (I have them above my TV) and well, here you have it. Image

------------------

<A HREF="http://www.wildcatblue.com/users/ukcats" TARGET=_blank> Visit the Transformers
Homage Homepage--Now with
a Message Board!</A>
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

RiD is really great! I just love the Build team, the others toy appear to be cool (they're on the way now) the show is nice, but G1 has metal and a whole lot of nostalgia...

------------------
Sorry guys, no more TFarchive-poster smilies... Next in line would have been RCOSD but Brend killed it ;)
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

G1, why? I was raised on it.

------------------
Optimus Prime do you read me the Decepticons are blitzing Autobot city, we're really taking a pounding; dunno how much longer we can hold out-Blaster in Tf:TM Image
AWF TAG TEAM CHAMPION