Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Smile 2018 Marvel Legends

YELLOW WOLVERINE!
MOHAWK STORM!
PSYLOCKE!

http://marveltoynews.com/2018-marvel...sylocke-storm/

*faints*

We're also getting a revamped Thanos, Paladin(!), a Now-Costume Spider-Woman and all sorts of other lovely stuff by the looks of it.

Now give me all your money.

Brendocon 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-11, 03:02 PM   #2
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendocon 2.0 View Post
YELLOW WOLVERINE!
MOHAWK STORM!
PSYLOCKE!
Yeah, I'm sure they announced other stuff but my brain only has room for this right now.

Psylocke looks...well, she looks as good as she can given the engineering that Hasbro uses, but the ridiculous thong will never not look awful in combination with the cut of the female Legends figures' hips. The psychic weapon accessories are great, though.

I cannot believe they made 80s mohawk Storm and not the 70s or 90s versions that all the fanboys were begging for. I thought I was the only one who wanted this version of the character! The lightning effects are awesome, even if they look really weird on this particular outfit since Ororo only had powers for about the first week that she wore it.

I hope Wolverine comes with an alternate head, either the neutral one from the brown-suit figure or an unmasked one (not the awful modern one that they're recycling in the vintage series figure!) The angry face they showed off is great, but it'll really restrict what poses the figure will look good in. I definitely like the look of brown Wolverine more, but this one is good too and it's not like I can't own multiple figures of Canada's best superhero.

Overall, a really good start to the wave! I get the feeling all three of these will be pretty hard to find, so hopefully the rest of the wave is good enough that I can justify just buying a case and skipping retail entirely. Even though I'd then be stuck with a figure of that moron Apocalypse.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 04:18 PM   #3
Marisa
Banned

Is Steve Ditko, Stan Lee, John Romita Amazing Spider-man simply the best? Didn't that Spider-man single-handedly beat the Avengers, Fantastic Four, and X-men?

Marisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 06:59 PM   #4
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

If you're going to post off-topic or very tenuously linked replies, stick to your own threads because other people have even less patience for it than I do and I'm certainly not going to stand in the way of banning another account.

Storm was due another decent figure -- the one in the Jubilee BAF wave seems to fetch stupid prices these days.

Other two are decent as well.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 08:05 PM   #5
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Storm looks really good. Her Mohawk look is the definitive look for her, as far as I'm concerned. Or the black costume she had. I don't like that all silver/ white '90s outfit. Looks yuck.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-14, 06:52 PM   #6
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Ugh. Just when I thought I was satisfied with my small Legends collection as is, Hasbro has to put out that yellow Wolverine. And I just got the brown one not that long ago!

My wallet hates me. And I'm buying that yellow Wolverine, if possible.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9979-6466
Nintendo Network ID: rondo52
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-18, 05:13 AM   #7
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

So, the rest of the X-Men wave has apparently been revealed...

Multiple Man!

Sabertooth!

Magneto!

Gladiator!

Now, it's quite a few months away and these leaked retailer listing lists seem to change as often as not. But if that's actually what we're getting, and the costume selection isn’t atrocious, I may indeed just preorder the set.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote