• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Toys & Merch

Old 2017-09-09, 01:05 PM   #5841
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Yeah, Blurr isn't that bad about it since the shield is fairly small, but it's a little ridiculous for Brainstorm. I think it's the way it mounts on the arm that doesn't look right to me.
Yeah, for my Brainstorm I just treat it like a backpack and never remove it from the joint.

Thanks to Amazon.ca having stocked the wave finally, I've got TR Quake finally. And even though he's just Hardhead with a new face, I'm really impressed. The robot mode is a really good fit for Quake if you use the tank cannon as a rifle, and his colours are beautiful. The tank mode is still 100% Hardhead, and I wish he'd gotten new weapons to make him a bit more disinct, but considering he's a low-effort repaint it's impressive how good a job the figure does of representing the character.

It's surprising how few straight repaints we got in the larger size classes for Titans Return, actually. Quake, Krok, Getaway and Sentinel were the only ones I can think of, and all of the other reuses have gotten some pretty significant remolding. The Legends and Titan Masters had a fair bit of straight reuse, but it's nice that they're going to more effort to make the more expensive figures distinctive. I'm guessing that Quake and Krok got the short end of the stick because they were also shortpacked.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-11, 06:08 PM   #5842
Warcry

I picked up TR Windblade on a whim. She's got a really neat plane mode, with the tilt-rotor engines and the working cockpit for Titan Masters adding a lot of play value. The robot mode is a bit weak, though. She looks like the designers couldn't decide between making her a traditional boxy robot or a curvy feminine one, so they just did half and half. She's very poseable, though. Not a bad figure, and certainly more appealing than the original from a few years back.

Old 2017-09-16, 04:22 AM   #5843
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

TR Highbrow - So out of curiousity, I picked this guy up. He's not bad. I think I'd like him a little better if the wings would fold back a little in robot mode.

As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Heinrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-16, 04:34 PM   #5844
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

TR Aimless & Misfire and Caliburst & Slugslinger - It looks like both wave 5 & 6 deluxes are showing up at K-Mart stores simultaneously, so I got these two and will get at least Twin Twist in the next couple of weeks.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-18, 07:27 PM   #5845
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

RID Dinobots Triceradon And Slapper
Thanks to a mate, landed this two-pack of 2004 RID stragglers. I like the G1 Dinobot colours, but this version of Triceradon is outclassed by his Universe counterpart who has a much nicer paint job. This guy's robot mode colours are a bit too wishy-washy and what is up with that horrible mustard yellow face? Bleurgh. Slapper is surprisingly large for a BW Basic toy, and an impressive looking anklyosaurus. I love the asymmetry and the personality in this little dude. The tail whipping gimmick is crap though.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:20 AM   #5846
Warcry

I tracked down TR Overlord! He feels very different to Black Shadow even though they share the same legs. I'd lean towards Black Shadow maybe being a little better, because his jet mode is a bit more coherent and he does the "combined jet and tank" trick a bit better, but Overlord is still quite a good toy. Though I'd be happier with him if I hadn't had to spend half an hour gently sanding away the huge fingerprint that some inept Vietnamese factory worker left in the paint on his leg...

Oh, and the stickers are both awful and completely unnecessary. I'm not sure why they even bothered with any of them but the faction symbols.