TF:TM 30th anniversary blu ray

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Brendocon 2.0

TF:TM 30th anniversary blu ray

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

(was sure there was already a thread, but couldn't find it)

Has anybody got this yet? Is it the proper version or is it the silly American release without the Rank gong and scrolling text?
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

If you're talking about the Shout Factory release, it's the regular version, no Star Wars text or anything.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

And the UK release seems to be a straight port of the American, so the real version isn't even a VHS rip bonus feature like on the previous UK release. No McFeely commentary either.

I'm more interested in the rights having left Metrodome, means we might get a cheap as chips reissue of the series that at the very least tells you which episodes are on which disc.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

inflatable dalek wrote:And the UK release seems to be a straight port of the American, so the real version isn't even a VHS rip bonus feature like on the previous UK release. No McFeely commentary either.
Boooooooo. Will be sticking to my existing DVD then.
I'm more interested in the rights having left Metrodome, means we might get a cheap as chips reissue of the series that at the very least tells you which episodes are on which disc.
Serves you right for not buying the proper versions when they came out.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Boooooooo. Will be sticking to my existing DVD then.
The Australia blu ray has the same special features as the UK DVD and a much better cover as well, even if the new release is like, SUPER HD mastered or something.

Serves you right for not buying the proper versions when they came out.
Pfft, you think I don't know the exact episode order off the top of my head anyway? Or that I watch any other episodes than the "Assemble an assault force!" bit of Return of Optimus Prime on a loop? I was thinking of other people!
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

inflatable dalek wrote:I was thinking of other people!
Whatever helps get you off, I suppose.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

If you have an Ultra 4K HD TV then I guess MAYBE the picture and sound quality might blow you away, I don't know since I don't have an Ultra 4K HD TV and so it looks a little brighter.

The new documentary has some amusing interviews with Neil Ross, Gregg Berger, Susan Blu and the guy who did Bumblebee and Flint Dille who pretty much only retells pretty much the same stories that he told the 25th Anniversary DVD. Stan Bush and Vince DiCola tell some great stories about the music and how the song "The Touch" saved some teenager from committing suicide. Livio is also interviewed talking for as a fan of the film. IMHO he does a pretty good job but honestly I would much rather have had Simon Furman and/or James Roberts involved as well.

The making of the cover is interesting if you want to see Livio draw.

The Restoration feature is only interesting if you're a hardcore film buff.

The rest are various trailers and TV spots, the commentary track, and featurettes, storyboards, are all from the 25th Anniversary DVD.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.