Wolverine #58

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Zisteau

Wolverine #58

Post by Zisteau »

I was pleasantly surprised by how good this issue was. The new writer/artist combo (Marc Guggenheim and Howard Chaykin) struck a new tone when they took over last issue, which at the time I read it I took as an interesting little filler issue before the next arc or the new long term creative team took over. After reading #58, I'm glad they're the new team. The art style is pretty stylized, and for that first issue (#57) I wasn't really sure what to make of it. It seemed like a one-shot flashback throwaway story.

But with their second issue they hit it out of the park IMO. In essence its a story dealing with Logan's will to survive. Dr. Strange's (I know right? Dr. Strange in a Wolverine story? WFT is up with that? But it works. It works really, really well.) role is handled brilliantly. Particularly the way he gives the middle finger to Stark.

:up:
Zeeks

Re: Wolverine #58

Post by Zeeks »

Originally posted by Zisteau
Particularly the way he gives the middle finger to Stark.

:up:

And that, right there folks, is worth the cover price.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Hmm... I actually dropped Wolverine after #56. That Sabertooth story arc was terribly boring.... maybe I'll give it another try if there's a new creative team though.