First look at Dreamwave TF/GI Joe crossover!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Reflector

First look at Dreamwave TF/GI Joe crossover!

Post by Reflector »

Link pilfered from TF Exchange. It's rather a good site...

http://www.dreamwaveprod.ca/!newsite/pa ... 0tfjoe.htm
“The year is 1939 and a twisted alliance between a hate-crazed dictator and a ruthless general has left Europe in flames, in chains. The world’s only hope against the threat--the creation of an elite counterstrike force. Code name: G.I. JOE. But are even the Joes tough enough to take down this evil empire when it enlists the aid of a merciless army of alien war machines known as the DECEPTICONS?”
Looks like a pretty neat concept. I think the Autobot character models shown are a little too rounded for the era, but you can't expect them to be especially blocky from Figueroa... I just hope Mr. Rieber knows enough about the histories to make it work right.
Flec's selling a lot of RID, Armada, and Energon, and a few G1 toys. 'S all I'm sayin'.
The TFArchive RPG - "the most popular part of the site[!]" - Skywarp. Darn tootin'.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Bumble bee looks messed up as a motorbike

but the concept is interesting
I like the idea for the devil's due one, in that, Cobra gets ALL the transformers and not just selectivly picks the Decepticons, Hope they go that way with the DW ones
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

1939 confuses me though.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

why does it confuse you?
someone stumbled uppon the Ark during WWII as opposed to 1984
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Assuming there even is an Ark... Mind, this apparently isn't the same World War II we know either. The background with which we're familiar is apparently quite out the window. And given Transformer ages, it's not all that far-fetched that they could have made their debut 45 years early...
Flec's selling a lot of RID, Armada, and Energon, and a few G1 toys. 'S all I'm sayin'.
The TFArchive RPG - "the most popular part of the site[!]" - Skywarp. Darn tootin'.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

not at all, what would 45 years make on 4 million years

Yeah I mean Cobra commander as part of the Axis
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

A weird idea to say the least.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

Not as weird as the idea of TF: Armada.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

what adding a third race of TF's that power up the bigger ones
It would have been really cool, had they thought about it more. I mean in Beast wars we have tiny TF's that are as powerful as the G1's (or there abouts) I mean Megs blew apart optimus Primes head. If they had of said "Well 7 million years ago, there were a small group of TF's named the minicons, but when (G1) Megs took over they all realized they needed to leave or get abused) then set the whole armada series after "rebirth" or even Battlestars (Japan) have the minicon technology infused with the larger Autobots\decpeticons allowing for smaller, more powerful TF's.

But I digress

I mean come on, if Cobra commander had been around back then ,then the Third Riche would have been perfect for him. Cobra (what ever the German word for it is) would have been akin to the Deaths Head corps of the Nazi's. An elite group of soldiers designed to operate away from the main army conductiing esentally "terrorist" activites, that the Main army can praise if it works, or blame and then look good if it goes wrong. I mean come on, that's what GI Joe is.

As for the TF's I mean, they would have changed the balance of power in any war, let alone the close call that WWII was. The only thing I wonder is, Are dreamwave changing where the ark landed? Because if the Nazi's get them first, it would not have landed in the US
Jetfire426
Protoform

Post by Jetfire426 »

I like the concept but the era I really don;t like.. 1939:wall: why can;t they just leave it 1984 or 2003 when ever G1 DW takes place and pick it up from there... that my opinion...:\

but in the long run it really won't matter cause I'm still going to buy to the comic:D
One shall stand, One shall fall...