TF Universe Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
RID Scourge

TF Universe Toys (Opinions)

Post by RID Scourge »

Shamelessly stolen from Blitzwing's thread. Let's hear what you think of them.

I snagged Prowl and Sunstreaker today. Was going to wait for Sideswipe, but Sunstreaker was just too cool to resist. He's definitely the better of the two TFU figures I grabbed. The spring slipped on one of his ears so I had to open his head up, but it was rather easy to fix.

Otherwise a cool figure and when I was playing with him I remembered that I didn't have any version of Sunstreaker. So he's my first Sunstreaker, too. :)

Prowl is all right maybe bordering on cool, but he looks a bit skinny, and the doors kinda get in the way. It's not as bad as the seeker wings, but still a bit annoying.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

I have both Prowl and Sunstreaker, and both are all right. The only problme i have with Prowl is that his doors keep poping off when I transforme him. Streaker's feet will not come out (I have to pop them off the ball joint to get them out). But both are alright, and look good next to all my other classic Autobots. Does anyone know when Powerglide and the other Ultras will be out?
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

'Streaker, Prowl, and Tankor look awesome, as does Onslaught. However, Powerglide doesn't interest me, and neither do Blaster or Heavy Load. Galvatron is pretty interesting. I'm on the fence about Acid Storm. Silverstreak and Sideswipe look great. Ironhide's vehicle mode is a bit mis-shapen, but the robot mode looks really nice. Silverbolt has a rather odd head, but still very good.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

I think Prowl's the best of them all, and quickly becoming one of my favorite bots. His only downside is the lack of paint apps on his launchers and not having his blue police badges(would've improved his shoulders and alt mode). Sunstreaker is great too.

Has anyone noticed that Sunstreaker's "Sideswipe" mode allows for the engine to attach on his back with the vents pointing down, like a jetpack(;)) for Sideswipe?
Steam: Hot Shot
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Indeed. That's exactly what they had in mind. :up:

I definitely can't wait to get my hands on Galvatron, Sideswipe and possibly Iron Hide. I hope they reuse the Sideswipe version of the mold to create Red Alert.

A lot of the Ultras look pretty tight, but they're a bit big for my liking. Though I might grab Silverbolt. Other than that I'll probably avoid that.

Can't wait for the Dirge/Roadbuster and Springer/Ratbat figures. Those look very tight. Hopefully the target they're building nearby will have these. Supposed to open a month before these come out. That would rock.

I also want to get the legends "special team leaders" pack from Target. Possibly the "aerial rivals" set, too.
Mospeada

Post by Mospeada »

I grabbed Sunstreaker and Prowl. I like them both, and it's also the first Sunstreaker I've ever had. I think I like his figure slightly better.

Here's a pic: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/ ... rprowl.jpg

Didn't grab Tankor/Octane yet. The next one I'm really excited for in this series is Acid Storm, he looks rockass.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Mospeada wrote:Didn't grab Tankor/Octane yet.
Don't bother, he's a piece of shit. :)

Prowl is really, really cool, but he's got a few flaws that keep him from being perfect. The main one is that it can be a bit difficult to get him standing up straight without falling over, because he's very back-heavy and his feet are pretty small. A badass toy, though. He might just be my favourite Classic deluxe so far, even though some of the older ones are better from a technical standpoint.

Sunstreaker and Sideswipe both look really nice, and I'll probably snag both of them as funds allow. Silverstreak and Ironhide are maybes...they look alright but I've already got Prowl and I'm certain to grab the inevitable Ratchet and I'm not sure I'll want more than one of each mold. Galvatron's only real selling point for me is that he's Galvatron and Acid Storm does nothing for me at all, which is too bad because my Classic Decepticons are badly outnumbered right now. More than any of these guys, though, I'm looking forward to seeing what Cyclonus and Hound look like.

With the exception of Silverbolt and Blades none of the voyagers and ultras we've seen so far do much for me. Even then I doubt I'll buy either one, because I rarely go for anything over deluxe size and I'm usually disappointed when I do.

Some of the Target-exclusive sets (especially Ratbat/Springer) have caught my eye, but since I don't have a Target nearby I doubt I'll be getting them either.

Overall, I'm impressed with the quality of the line so far.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Warcry wrote:Sunstreaker and Sideswipe both look really nice, and I'll probably snag both of them as funds allow.
Do it! Do it! Do it!
though, I'm looking forward to seeing what Cyclonus and Hound look like.
Aye. WTF hApened to those beeches?! Bout to ask that myself!

Honestly?! Sunstreaker may be my favorite classics figure to date. Even moreso than bumblebee.
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

Warcry wrote: his feet are pretty small.
Did you pull them out? I had the same problem until I realized he had ankles five hours later.:lol:
Steam: Hot Shot
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Sunstreaker - I love how he looks in vehicle mode. So sleek. His transformation is pretty cool, and I like how his chest turns and his head pops up. Only thing I'm not too happy about is that his chest doesn't really "snap" into place. His gun would also been better if it were a little bigger. He has a decent amount of poseability in robot mode.

Prowl - Once again, great vehicle mode. The thing I don't like about his transformation is that his doors fall off way too easily. Robot mode is great, I love the addition of his shoulder cannons. The paint scheme is just ok... I think the Silverstreak will be a big improvement over Prowl.

Octane (Not Tankor!) - I got to disagree with Warcry, I actually enjoy the figure. His transformation is fairly complex for a deluxe, which is nice. I think he looks great in plane mode, and decent in truck mode. His robot mode has some poseability issues, but he looks pretty cool with the double gun and the giant claw. Biggest issue with his poseability for me is his lack of arm articulation.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I hate how AUS doesn't have these yet. :down:

My opinion will be based on what pics/images i've seen.

Prowl: I like the look of his robot mode, and i don't mind that its thin. I didn't like G1 prowl, for being too wide. Shoulder cannons...mmm...

Sunstreaker: I like the vehicle mode is shaped, but the thing that really doesn't do it for me is that the roof is stripe (?) with black. I know it's to decorate/differentiate the chest in bot mode, but it ruins the car for me. Bot mode is OK, but the Alt mirage legs...well, they were better on alt mirage. ;)

Octane: I refuse to call him Tankor. I like how the plane came out, but i don't like the cargo plane idea. Jet for me. The truck's OK, but the melee blade on top leaves a crack that is hard to ignore. I like how the Kibble is arranged, and that his legs have been enlarged, but the melee blade...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

To me, this new line is what TF's should be all about. Awesome designs, mixed with G1-flavor, with modern-day and stylish alt modes.

I havnt seen a classics 2...i mean "universe" toy i dont want yet. Im gonna buy them all, even the cybertron repaints as i never collected any of those on their first outing anyway, but i will admit that the repaints are on the bottom of my list. The newest molds i'll buy first.

So basically i think they are all awesome, and more than make up for those atrocious TFA toys.

Hasbro sure knows how to empty our wallets. TFA toys for those with brain problems :P, Classics 2.0 for us old-skoolers and thought that the classics line ended too soon, and then a new line of movie toys sometime in '09!
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Kali already told you to knock that stupid shit off, don't continue it in here, please.
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

Sir Auros wrote:Kali already told you to knock that stupid shit off, don't continue it in here, please.
What are you talking about? Look up the word "opinion" in the dictionary and how everyone has the right to one.
I havnt "started" anything, ive just stated that in my opinion these toys make up for the crappy animated ones. Now get the hell off my back about it.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Sonray wrote:Hasbro sure knows how to empty our wallets. TFA toys for those with brain problems :P, Classics 2.0 for us old-skoolers and thought that the classics line ended too soon!
I agree with you (except on the "brain problems" part) on that one. Hasbro will very likely have our money whether it's from Animated, or Universe/Classics, or even both!:D I've yet to find any of the latter, though...:( But I can tell that from both of these new lines, Hasbro will own my wallet!;)
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Sonray wrote:What are you talking about? Look up the word "opinion" in the dictionary and how everyone has the right to one.
I havnt "started" anything, ive just stated that in my opinion these toys make up for the crappy animated ones. Now get the hell off my back about it.
Yeah, but insulting those who like the Animated line and don't agree with your particular opinion is just douchebaggery.

I've yet to find any Universe line figures, but when you do, you'll know it, as I'd probably start a rave.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

secretcode wrote:Yeah, but insulting those who like the Animated line and don't agree with your particular opinion is just douchebaggery.
Hot dog! We have a wiener!
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Sir Auros wrote:Hot dog! We have a wiener!
Whoa. Two bland meat product references in one post? Hot Damn.

EDIT: The post wasn't bland. I'm talking about the meats.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

Detective Barricade wrote:I agree with you (except on the "brain problems" part) on that one. Hasbro will very likely have our money whether it's from Animated, or Universe/Classics, or even both!:D I've yet to find any of the latter, though...:( But I can tell that from both of these new lines, Hasbro will own my wallet!;)
The brain problems comment was just meant as a joke, not my fault if you people dont have a sense of humor when you come online. (thats not directed at you btw Detective, but at secretcode and anybody else who thinks that i have somehow insulted them with a random passing funny comment. You wanna talk about douchebaggery auros and secret', you should look at things through my eyes. Your not exactly saints yourselves. Hypocrites. *rolls eyes*)

But yeah, damned hasbro! Im gonna need to start knocking off banks or somethin.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

You were warned multiple times to stop bating people into arguments and derailing threads. Please refrain from doing this after you get back from your 3 day vacation.

Opinions are fine, but belittling those who have different opinions and baiting them into arguments is not fine.