WWI is not part of G1 comic timeline...

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Blitzwing

WWI is not part of G1 comic timeline...

Post by Blitzwing »

The Cover for the War Within Preview book has been put up on the Dreamwave website. It features Starscream, but Scrapper and Mixmaster can be seen in the background.

In the comic timeline, the Constructicons weren't created until Shockwave gave them life on Earth with the Creation Matrix. I'm pretty sure this will mean that WWI is going to take place in its own timeline that mixes both cartoon and comic continuities.

The cover can be seen here: http://www.dreamwaveprod.ca/!thesite/mainpages/gallery/coversWarWithin.shtml
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

old news....

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Simon Furman himself admitted he hates continuity....that's why Grimlock's also in the story etc etc...

Though he can't kill any characters, he did mention that he'd created a lot of cannon-fodder stars ;)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Cool. I don't have a problem with it... plus, Grimlock can be easily retconned into the cartoon with the same brain-module theory used for the Constructicons and Combaticons. Remember how Snarl's tech-spec (and writer's guide bio for the show) mention he misses Cybertron? The script-writers screwed that up, but it can be set straight. :)

Of course, I'm going to like the writing more than that of the cartoon come what may... I have no problems with the Elseworlds concept...
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

I couldn't give a flying one either, as you say, so long as the story's good, who cares :)
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Though if one wanted to follow comic continuity with Grimlock, one could say he was around way back when. The DInobots were Autobots onboard the Ark that had been reassembled when Shockwave showed up. So they weren't created from scratch like the Constructicons supposedly were in the comic.

That aspect only works for him comicwise, but there you go.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Bah, who cares what continuity it's in? It's a story written by Simon Furman, and the artwork looks great! That's the stuff that dreams are made of! I hope it lives up to the work that he did with the Marvel comic (I can only imagine that it will).
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

hmm - I for one like continuity - it´s what makes something interesting.
But then, who am I? just a lowly protoform, as can be read under my nick...
Streetwise
Protoform

Post by Streetwise »

I find it interesting that if you look at the G1 marvel comic and the cartoon, you can see a blend of both continuities. I like that. It's not cartoon G1 and it's not comic G1. It's a little of both!:D
The best of both worlds!
The matrix is no mere weapon! No simple energy source! It is POWER! Ultimate, unfathomable power! --- Scourge (The burden hardest to bear)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Except that the only bits of the series I really like are the voiceacting, the Movie and Dark Awakening... but yeah, I see your point...
Top Hat
Protoform

Post by Top Hat »

WWI is supercool.

supercool. simon furman is cool. the writing's so much better than the other trans comics.

although g1 series of dreamwave is really cool, too.

cool cool cool cool cool
Frogican is the Mightiest of All Hybrids
ProckoZero
Protoform

Post by ProckoZero »

I don't know if supercool is cool enough for WWI. As near as I can tell, there is nothing for whiny fanboys to complain about (except maybe for the continuity thing :eyebrow: ) but, IMHO, I like this "quasi-continuity merger". After this is said and done, in my head this'll be the "Origin" of the Transformers....because continuity is just how things seem in your imagination (at least with Transformer continuity...because it's so craaaaazy :D )

"Someone may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."