Cybertron size and origins

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Lambda prime
Protoform

Cybertron size and origins

Post by Lambda prime »

In the original cartoon series Cybertron size has always remained consistent it was smaller then the moon. But Marvels first Transformer issue put it that it was the size of Jupiter though later it shrunk. In the Marvel UK and US comics Primus trapped a organic race within himself and some found release during and after his death.
Then theres the origins, Furman put the origin down first in the UK 'Legacy of Unicron' series and this angered US staff. (That said after reading US tales 'Car wash of doom' and 'monstercon from mars' to that point im glad Furman did it first)
US cartoon however made it a Quintesson factory, the robots developed transforming after they overthrew the Quintessons. We learn throughout the series that the original Transformer bodies were forged in the plasma energy chamber and given life by Vector Sigma, he was likely a Quintesson super computer as he said 'before Cybertron was, i was'. But if they didnt make their robots transformers how come they had the transorganics who were like Beast wars mutants? (First seen in 'Dweller of the Depths' and in japanses Headmasters series). Also Beast Machines being the most contraversial series built its plot on the organic core notion. It occured to me it may have been organic after all, if Beast Machines takes after G1 cartoon, the Quintessons may have built Cybertron on a planet mining it of its recources and materials, the Dinobots are put to work in one in 'desertion of the Dinobots'. Also i dont recall the matrix being able to give life in the cartoon, all it did was power up Transformers and in 'Call of the Primatives' it was shown to be a sentient which worked with Primacron on building Unicron.
Ballplayer
Protoform

Post by Ballplayer »

Well, I don't know where you got it from that in the cartoon Cybertron was as large as the moon.

I don't recall that being said.

Dead End :"If we give away our energon cubes we're doomed.

Break Down :"If we don't we're doomed too.

Dead End :"Face it We're Doomed
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

In comics it says Cybertron is size of Saturn, to be exact. And I read somewhere that in various eps it looke like Cybertron was different size, though I'm not sure of it.
Originally posted by Ballplayer
Well, I don't know where you got it from that in the cartoon Cybertron was as large as the moon.

I don't recall that being said.

I think he judges it on the base of 'Ultimate Doom'.
-Okay, the bomb's dropped. Life goes on. No amount of sulking or worrying changes that. We've got our own lives to live. In that regard, in five minutes time, I am using the autopilot on the Midnight Runner and taking it down the pub. If I go on my own, I go on my own.
-Well. Wait up, you horrible English git. While I'm around, you don't have to go anywhere on your own.
And, one by one, the others follow.
And, one by one, they begin to smile.
Ballplayer
Protoform

Post by Ballplayer »

hmm maybey it looks like it in that episode, but it's never really said.

But well there are various origins and sizes, all depending on which timeline you follow...

Marvel's, Dreamwave's or Hasbro's...
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Well, lets look at the movie for a second
Unicron is bigger than some planets, but is less than half the size of Cybertron.
Also, do you ever see the "Ground" of Cyberton? Mostly it's spires and walkways. From alot of the shots, you get the impression that the "Ground" is a long way off. LOL, if you follow the Beast Machines way of thinking, the original planet might be the size of the moon, but has been built upon so much that it's massive now.
thunderwarp
Protoform

Post by thunderwarp »

well in the rebirth when galvatron gets cybertron near to earth, its looks much smaller and moonish size, maybe thats where the similarirties come into play
Open, Dam it Open. Prime, you said the matrix would light our darkest hour!!
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

LOL, Rebirth has many MANY animation, plot, charactization, and story problems. If it were the size of the moon, then Cybertons moons would be tiny. Yet here is a planet with 40' + robots running around with, what looks like, lots of space.
thunderwarp
Protoform

Post by thunderwarp »

i definatly c wot ya mean maximus

how come u always no that type of stuff????:cool: :confused:
Open, Dam it Open. Prime, you said the matrix would light our darkest hour!!
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

LMAO;)
Attention to detail, sheer bordom and a pretty decent memory.
There's also alot of really knowledgeable guys (and ladies) on here who have helped build my knowledge.;)
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Originally posted by Brave Maximus
...if you follow the Beast Machines way of thinking, the original planet might be the size of the moon, but has been built upon so much that it's massive now.

Well, in the comic, the asteroids didn´t look too large either - they´d be no asteroids anyway, if they were larger.
So, somewhere there HAD to be a gain of mass.
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Originally posted by Ballplayer
...But well there are various origins and sizes, all depending on which timeline you follow...

Marvel's, Dreamwave's or Hasbro's...

Well, IMO it should be Marvel, with the others trying to fit in. The Marvel Comics, of course. The cartoon could be used as a vague reference...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Cyberman
Well, in the comic, the asteroids didn´t look too large either - they´d be no asteroids anyway, if they were larger.
So, somewhere there HAD to be a gain of mass.

There were godlike beings trapped in the asteroids. They could have created new matter for their respective planets. Also, Unicron ate so many planets that he probably used them to conserve on his own power.
Garrason
Protoform

Post by Garrason »

I had allways thought that Cybertron was about the size of Mars. I had a teacher in school who would talk about stuff like this and he said:
" IF IF Transformers were real and IF they did bring there world here, it could not be brought into an orbit of earth the plants gravity would drag it down destroying both not what the Dec's would want . However if it was brought into earth's orbit of the sun the resulting gravity shifts would make witch ever planet was less reinforced fall apart. Now a planet the size of Mars or Earth would still be visable in an orbit just outside of Earth's orbit and apear the size shown on TV."

Mr. VanDuragen was one of the coolest science teachers i ever met . Talking to kids about stuff like this made us pay atention. and i rember a lot more from his class than any other i ever took.
If you allways expect disapontment you wont be disaponited
Almighty Galvatron
Protoform

Post by Almighty Galvatron »

Originally posted by Lambda Prime
Also i dont recall the matrix being able to give life in the cartoon, all it did was power up Transformers and in 'Call of the Primatives' it was shown to be a sentient which worked with Primacron on building Unicron.
I'm pretty sure the matrix was within Rodimus for the duration of that episode, we don't see him lose it. The 'matrix' in COTP was probably nothing more than an animator getting lazy.
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
There were godlike beings trapped in the asteroids. They could have created new matter for their respective planets. Also, Unicron ate so many planets that he probably used them to conserve on his own power.

Well, even a god can´t create matter out of thin air IMO. (Especially when there is no air ;-)

As for Unicron - that´s possible, would be interesting to see baby-Unicron ;-)
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Well, it depends on what you think a god can do.