Dreamwave Pocket Books

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Dreamwave Pocket Books

Post by Nevermore »

From Dreamwave's site.

First of all, I have to comment on the crappy new site that is "Internet Explorer optimized" (!), meaning that it displays stuff awfully wrong in IE and doesn't display it AT ALL in Opera.

Okay. here's the news:
DREAMWAVE POCKET BOOKS ARE HERE!
All the action, all the art - pocket sized!

Looking for something to stash in your jacket, knapsack or under your desk? Dreamwave's got the answer: Pocketbooks! Beginning at the end of this month, Dreamwave unveils its latest format, pocketsize comics! Always eager to try something new, Dreamwave brings out a mega manga magazine that is jam-packed with the same full color art and high-quality writing you've come to expect!

Dreamwave's June PocketBook begins with DUEL MASTERS champion SHOBU and his adventures in the mysterious ZONE, fighting mystical and mythical battles between a whole host of wild beings! And for the TRANSFORMERS fans, the ever-popular TRANSFORMERS: ENERGON goes pocketsize, with UNICRON back and hungry for ENERGON! Planet Earth's right back in the firing line as the great devourer strikes a deal with current DECEPTICON commander, SKORPONOK!

PocketBooks continue in July with the fan-favorite TRANSFORMERS: War Within Volume 1 going mini-size! The incredible storyline by Simon Furman about the TRANSFORMERS before they came to Earth is all there for old and new fans to soak up and enjoy.

So head on down at the end of the month to your favorite comic or bookstore and pick up the latest and greatest from Dreamwave: PocketBooks!
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

high-quality writing you've come to expect!

??????????
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

That bit made me singger as well;)

I guess this means we won't see a reprint of the normal sized War Within tpb anytime soon:(
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

has anybody actually been able to loaclise these things ?
and if so what are the retail prices ?
and are they worth the bother ?
and i also wonder why they are reprinting energon issues the series doesnt have much material to reprint to start with
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
inflatable dalek

The War Within one was in Forbiden Planet today (they actualy had a load in). The style doesn't work for me, the smaller pages make the art look cramped and the paper feels of poore quality than the original comic. I also didn't like how Don's designs were spread out through the story instead of in a section at the end (though that could be a failing of the tpb as well). :down:
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
I also didn't like how Don's designs were spread out through the story instead of in a section at the end (though that could be a failing of the tpb as well). :down:
It was the same in TPB. Designs were spread through the book to so that 2 pages that form one picture/page (splash page?) could be in right places. In the original issues it's done with advert pages. I'm used to similar decisions in Finnish editions and dont' mind it.
inflatable dalek

Hmm, well at least they made the effort, unlike the Legarcy of Unicron tpb, where Dan Reed's two page splash was screwed up...
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
The War Within one was in Forbiden Planet today (they actualy had a load in). The style doesn't work for me, the smaller pages make the art look cramped and the paper feels of poore quality than the original comic. I also didn't like how Don's designs were spread out through the story instead of in a section at the end (though that could be a failing of the tpb as well). :down:

wel i wil pick up the pocket anyway i stil dont have issue 2
so i might as wel pick it up thusly

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I must say...terrible name. Just godawful. Did they do a literal translation of that from Japanese and think it was cool or something? When I hear pocket book, I think of a woman's purse with a strap on it...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

What? There's actually a f*cking redirect on the main page now? Great plan: tell people to use a piece of sh*t last updated several years ago which is the subject of international investigation, rather than fixing the problems they've created for themselves.

Pocket books make artists why they bother—by the time it's reduced (and do keep in mind the pocket books are currently the only printings available because DW couldn't sort out supply problems) it gets muddied to hell.
inflatable dalek

The annoying thing is I would probably have brought the full sise WW, just for the charecter designs, but that seems to be rarer than golddust now:(
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

i happen to have the whole first ww run apart from off course you guessed it issue 2
just to read that il have to resort to the pocket book
wich is better then nothing but still