"Kill them all" Documentary

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Getaway

"Kill them all" Documentary

Post by Getaway »

I've Just finished watching this, and now I have a little more pent up fury to vent. Why will the United Stes not admit its guilt in over 60 masscres of refugees in South Korea, when there are documents from generals ordering their units to kill all refugees, South Korean survivors with bullet wounds and American soldiers who admit gunning down women and children, surely it can't be something so insignificant as image or politics that keeps them from apologizing to the survivors. Or does the american government just not want its people to know of another example of its acceptable 'collateral' damage. Acceptable only in that it didn't happen in America. What about Indonesia, how many millions were killed there due to American policy or Nicaraugua or Guatemala, Somalia even Kosovo. Do any of these matter? If the American government will not admit that its wrong on this then will it admit its wrong on future occasions, where does it get the right to lecture others when its own past and present is so bloody.

Getaway the houdini of the transformers universe nobody can defeat him......except Rodimus Prime, Cyclonus, Starscream, Deathbringer, Thunderwing, Dreadwing........

"Run hot, but always keep your cool."
Strafe

Hypocrisy

Post by Strafe »

Surprisingly it is something as simple as image and presitge. If the govt were to admit to calamaties such as this, then they would, correctly, look like a bunch of morons. In addition current leaders don't want to take responsibility for past transgressions. They would rather have it kept quiet and die off. That is why instances such as the massacre at My Lai, take many years to be fully disclosed. The people at the time of the incident don't want to get in trouble, so they put it off, and the current leaders don't want to be burdened with it so they neglect it.

Either way it stinks. Govt. does have to take responsibility for it's actions.
Strafe. You're a dick. Ishin_ookami - Dec 1st 2003
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Go watch the show "Tour Of Duty" it's about the Vietnam war, quite entertaining and in my thoughts very realistic. It explains some of that stuff.
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Well, look at it this way, how long did it take them to own up to the mass internment of the Japanese during WW II? A long time. I'm not proud of some of our govt's history, esp. that kind of thing. It's like the lack of action by the Catholic Church at that same time; it took them almost 60 years to say yeah, we made a mistake in not getting involved and condemning all this, etc. etc. Sadly, this type of thing is so commonplace.

R.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Originally posted by Redstreak
Well, look at it this way, how long did it take them to own up to the mass internment of the Japanese during WW II? A long time. I'm not proud of some of our govt's history, esp. that kind of thing. It's like the lack of action by the Catholic Church at that same time; it took them almost 60 years to say yeah, we made a mistake in not getting involved and condemning all this, etc. etc. Sadly, this type of thing is so commonplace.

R.
Yup. Its been estimated that 25,00 war criminals are present in america but do they get any trial or justice procedure ala Solibidan misolivic? nope :(