"Once More WIth Feeling."

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.

Who is more powerful?

Angel
31%
Spike
23%
Spangel?
8%
Another buffy thread?
38%

Total votes: 13

Ultimate Weapon

"Once More WIth Feeling."

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Ah this show works so much better unedited and with a full soundtrack. Too bad they couldn't fix Marsters vampire morph during his song. It's about as bad as an eye popping dinobot.

So who is more powerful Angel or Spike? I mean Angel is older, but Spike has killed two slayers. Doesn't that count for something?
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

This is like asking me to pick between a Honeyweiss and a Heineken...

They've been set up to be two of the more if not most powerful of the vampires out there. They each seem to have kicked the other's ass at some point...though puppet Angel pummeling Spike had to have been one of the funniest fights ever on TV. In the end, I always felt they were pretty even and the winner of a fight depended on what they were fighting over.
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

hmm. random buffy/angel goodness! Spike would have to be the toughest vamp of the lot, because if he wasn't, angel wouldn't have anything to whinge/brood about... That aside, they also showed it when spike & angel fought over the mystical cup of mountain Dew & spike whupped ass :D
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Hard call.

I'm tempted to go for Spike. He isn't more powerful, however he is more dangerous. he has the edge. Angle, full on, could not beat Buffy. Spike, in theory, could.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh... now, Spike/Anglus, that'd be closer.

Anyone love the way the real Angel got caned by Spike, but as a puppet he has the edge?
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Also didn't they have sex together once?Angel & Spike.:wtf:
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Yeh... now, Spike/Anglus, that'd be closer.

Anyone love the way the real Angel got caned by Spike, but as a puppet he has the edge?

It's all about when Angel actually gives a rip. He was pissed off when in puppet mode...and so darn cute! No wonder Bombers thinks he's dreamy!

As for Buffy, I think she handed Spike his ass on more than one occasion. I don't think he could have taken her. Remember, she's the "special" slayer. :rolleyes: At least that is what Joss wanted us to believe and she probably was a bit better than most of the slayers who came before her because of her support network and unconventional fighting style.

I think Angelus had an advantage over Spike though. Remember, back in the day he really ruled over Spike until he got his soul and became all tortured. Head to head, Spike won the mountain dew cup because he wanted it more, simple as that...Angel looked at his destiny as something forced on him, a burden at that time, Spike looked at it as something to claim...much like his soul was.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Galvatron91
Spike looked at it as something to claim...much like his soul was.

And something to take from Angel - always an important factor.
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Originally posted by The HeartBrend Kid
And something to take from Angel - always an important factor.

How did I know you would point that out?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Hmm, the problem with judging Buffy on how she fights against people is that on her show she was pretty much invulnerable [yeh, died twice, bear with me] - she'd always win sooner or later, especially in a one-on-one fight. There's not many times she really took a total walloping, and it usually only happened when she'd been even more of a **** than usual [e.g. Calib]. Mind, one time was when Spike tore her to bits in "Harsh Light of Day". It may be my memory [I've only not sat down and watched any Buffy for a fortnight, and it feels like ages], but Angelus never got that close to her physically [though of course he was probably sandbagging for psychological reasons].

No, sorry, went to get some marzipan sandwiches, and now my train of thought's gone :(
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
No, sorry, went to get some marzipan sandwiches, and now my train of thought's gone :(

You were doing so well too! :(
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Why make the last poll option? All it does is enable idiots like me to come in and hijack the thread...

buffy w0u1d w1n b3c@u53 5h3'5 h0tt!!!!!

Erm, sorry.

-Ss
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Originally posted by Sixswitch
Why make the last poll option? All it does is enable idiots like me to come in and hijack the thread...

buffy w0u1d w1n b3c@u53 5h3'5 h0tt!!!!!

Why haven't we banned this kid? ;)

On the subject of Buffy, the one beating Spike gave her was just after she had gotten used and abused in her "welcome to college" fling with Parker. Spike also had the Gem of Amora and knew she could not kill him. However, like Cliffy said, she always finds an annoying way to win, even if it involves a Scooby assist. Angelus put a real beating on her also in Becoming II. Psychologically, he owned her but he was too busy playing around to go for the kill, again like Cliffy pointed out. Even Spike thought Angelus was going to kill Buffy at that point, but of course instead of going for the kill, he had to get in his little taunt. Buffy refocuses and defeats him.