Devil's Due again, plus Cybertron voice actors, plus... an OVA?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Devil's Due again, pluc Cybertron coice actors, plus... an OVA?

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=4781
Here's some interesting news from Jason Danvers to start your Monday morning off right ...

A few bits of news:

According to Hasbro's reps at Toy Fair Devil's Due has the TF comic license.

They also mentioned that at the insistance of pretty much everyone involved, Voicebox will NOT be back for the regionization of Galaxy Force. It will be done in a studio in L.A. who already has begun casting. Susan Blu is already involved, but that was the only name the specified.

Some Armada/Energon actors will be back, though a couple have chosen not to sign back on. And we will hear a few familiar voices from previous TF shows as well. Mostly from RiD, with a couple of G1 vets. They're REALLY excited about who they got to play Scourge, but it's a surprise they don't want to get out till the episode actually airs.

The script for the TF OVA for 2006 is being handled by Marv Wolfman, who wrote the first several drafts of the 1986 TF movie, as well as being a story editor on the original show. Wolfman is most famous for being the co-creator of the Blade in the 70s for Marvel and the New Teen Titans comic book in the early 80s for DC.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

Never knew Marv Wolfman was involved in TFs, glad to see he'll be writing the OVA. A bit interested in finding out who will do the voice acting. I hope Kaye is back atleast.
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Originally posted by Transfannabeel
Never knew Marv Wolfman was involved in TFs, glad to see he'll be writing the OVA.

He was also the writer behind the Beast Machines concept as well as some episodes.

http://www.bobskir.com/Beast-Machines-F ... _1999.html

"24) What does a story editor actually do?

Well, first of all, it involves eating a LOT of breakfast cereals (high on my list: Quisp, Cap'n Crunch, and Count Chocula).

Seriously, Story Editors are the head writers. We determine the direction of the shows, the ways the characters will change throughout the series, and which stories are told. Basically, we're in charge of the stories. And in the case of this series, we are coming up with storylines ourselves and hiring (the best!) writers to give them life. (Normally we'd take pitches from writers to see what kind of stories they'd want to tell. But since we're doing this as a novel for television, we're deciding ourselves out of sheer necessity how each chapter will be shaped.)

The first three years of Beast Wars was a reflection of Bob Forward and Larry DiTillio. The next two years will be a reflection of Marty Isenberg and Bob Skir.

Although Marty and I will be the Story Editors (read: Head Writers) of the new series, MARV WOLFMAN actually developed the storyline that we'll be following. The shape of the world, the conflict between our heroes and the new villains, the very nature of the new villains themselves, were all Marv's invention and contribution; Marty and I are deeply indebted to him."
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Whoops, I forgot to add a disclaimer.

Sei-ber-tron. :D
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

So I take it the guy playing Scourge will either be a semi-celebrity (ala Mark Hamil), or a G1 voice actor...

I just wish they'd hurry up and give the comic to someone, I'm geting bored now :yawn:
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

probs find its peter cullen or something
dr. archevil
Protoform

Post by dr. archevil »

why should i even go to this website when you get all your news from seibertron.com?
inflatable dalek

Originally posted by dr. archevil
why should i even go to this website when you get all your news from seibertron.com?

Because we're cooler, sexier and generaly hoopier froods than the seibertronians? :p
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

And they're rubbish at footy........................
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

B'ah. Who isn't?
you get all your news from seibertron.com?

As I type this reply, this thread is top of the stories. The following urls relate to the next six threads on the page:

http://www.tfarchive.com/community/show ... adid=29124
http://www.tfarchive.com/community/show ... adid=28875
http://www.tfarchive.com/community/show ... adid=28817
http://www.tfarchive.com/community/show ... adid=29019
http://www.tfarchive.com/community/show ... adid=29064
http://www.tfarchive.com/community/show ... adid=28661

All news, none from seibertron. Excellently made point, Doc. And well supported with firm evidence.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

As a rule, stuff from Seibertron tends to be rumours—Kev's got a bit of a network going—their firsthand sources tend to be much the same as ours (ie, the AllSpark, Fan2Fan, TFormers, eBay, online retailers.) Though you're likely to spot Torsten's accounts at some of those places referenced.

People come here to discuss news, not wank off about who had it first.

Which is nice.

(We also don't rank news by date, but rather how much people care to discuss it.)
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

Why should you,really?

I am not as nice as the other members. So to put it bluntly, if you don't like our company, buzz off. This commuity is more than a news board, it's an entire Transformers Archive(as the name implies)!
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Denyer
People come here to discuss news, not wank off about who had it first.

Which is nice.

(We also don't rank news by date, but rather how much people care to discuss it.)

Which is why I like being here. I try to maintain a friendly relationship with the staff of the other sites I'm registered at, and I often provide them with the same news I report here. The only difference is, here I have total control about what we report. Effectively, this means I will not ignore news reported by certain sites simply "because we don't like them" or something.

If a Seibertron story sounds believable to me (i.e. "member X found a new toy in stores that was supposed to come out any day by now", or anything credited to a definite source other than "an e-mail came to us..."), I treat it as news. If it sounds like a bizarre rumor to me, I comment on that. But I will not deliberately ignore what might turn out true after all simply because I don't like the staff of a certain site (just FYI: to this day, I didn't have any serious run-ins with the staff of any other site, neither those I'm registered at nor those I don't post on yet) or I don't believe it. At worst, Seibertron rumors can still have entertainment value, if nothing else. This site is for free, I try to remain as unbiased as possible towards other sites, and therefore I don't see why I shouldn't report something simply because it sounds weird. Reputation depends on the source, and as long as we say "it's from Seibertron, and it sounds weird", we don't lose anything. If it turns out to be true, well, it just sounded weird. If it turns out to be false, well, it sounded weird after all. Simple as that.

Magnus P.I. from Allspark summed up his feelings about Seibertron pretty nicely:
They're like the tabloid mag of the TF fandom
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

This OVA intrigues me. Maybe the Movie's going straight to video...?
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Wow. Marv Wolfman? Didn't he write Crisis on Infinite Earths? Cool. It's good to see some Americans writing for Transformers again, I've been pretty disappointed with how Japan has handled the series.
inflatable dalek

Yep, now we can return to the heady America led golden age of City of Steel... ;)
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
Yep, now we can return to the heady America led golden age of City of Steel... ;)

Perhaps I should have said North American. Those Canadians who did Beast Wars were faaaaantastic.

Still, I'll take City of Steel over any episode of Beast Wars II.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by dedicon
to put it bluntly, if you don't like our company, buzz off.
'K, we get the sentiment, everybody back on topic now...
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
Wow. Marv Wolfman? Didn't he write Crisis on Infinite Earths? Cool.

He also did "The New Teen Titans" which was awesome when George Perez was working with him, not so great without.

He's a bit hit and miss really, I've read some stuff that was horrendous by him and other stuff that was phenomenal.
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you