[BW,BM] Beast Wars Human Sized

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Beast Wars Human Sized

Post by Transfannabeel »

How come in beast wars they were the sizes of humans? anyone know?
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

No canon reason was ever given as far as I know. But BW takes place some 300 years after G1. They might have evolved their bodies somehow. I believe that a reason for the micromasters in the comic was given. Something about being smaller reducing their energy consumption or something.

Might be the same with the Beast Wars characters.

-Ss
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by Sixswitch
No canon reason was ever given as far as I know. But BW takes place some 300 years after G1. They might have evolved their bodies somehow. I believe that a reason for the micromasters in the comic was given. Something about being smaller reducing their energy consumption or something.

Might be the same with the Beast Wars characters.

-Ss

Sixswitch's explanation is, I think, generally accepted as the reason for the BW Tfs being the size they were.

The actual reason probably has to do with them transforming into lifesize animals. It's not very believable that a 40' tall robot would change into a 8' tall gorilla...
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Didn´t they someting about a "great upgrade" in Beast Machines? That was supposed to be the conversion of Autobot to Maximal, AFAIK. So maybe that´s when they changed their size.

At that time Cybertron probably was quite low on energy too. (If the timeline of BW/BM does continue from any of the known ones)
In a perfect world, this would be a signature. As it stands, it's just the lack of.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah, I take it that the upgrade was to make them more fuel efficient because they were no longer at war, and didn't need such huge bodies. I thikn Megs even describes the originals as "Archaic energon guzzlers," or somesuch.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

yeah i took the "archaic energon guzzlers" comment as the reason they upgraded to smaller forms to be more energy efficient.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Computron

Post by Computron »

Not to mention in the Beast Wars -Wreckers comic for Botcon I think it is mentioned about teh upgrade occurng to conserve fuel. Whilst it isn't true cannon the Botcon Comic is officially sanctioned so what they state goes into the tfuniverse
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

Beast wars volume one region two DVD (One with eps from The Agenda to Cutting Edge) had in history segment that the Maximals and Predacons were descended from Autobots and Decepticons and downsized.
In japanese beast wars series, the Maximals and Predacon's were 40 foot tall, and shrank to beast modes.
Darth Shrapnel
Protoform

Post by Darth Shrapnel »

Originally posted by Lambda prime

In japanese beast wars series, the Maximals and Predacon's were 40 foot tall, and shrank to beast modes.

I don`t remember that, Lioconvoy and Convoy (Oprimus Primal) were the same size.
"Im drowning in footwear!"
eternalshades
Protoform

Post by eternalshades »

In g1, there was a period known as the great shutdown that basically shutdown all of cybertrons forces for quite some time. one of the attempts was the micromasters to conserve fuel, and it is not unplausable in itself that a similar thing occured in the beast series.

Another guess is that they only needed the larger body design during war time, and that when peace finally occured, they tonned things down, including size.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by eternalshades
In g1, there was a period known as the great shutdown that basically shutdown all of cybertrons forces for quite some time.

Where did you get that?
Computron

Post by Computron »

Thats dreamwave continuity and thus to be totally disregarded for being crap

basically according to DW whilst the ark crew were in stasis for 4 million yrs cyberron ran out of power basically. Its best to ignore all that though and stick with the marvle comic or ata puch the cartoon of the 80's

My general theory is that after peace was declared the Decepticons were all made to downsize to a) save fuel and b) to ensure they would no longer be a threat. Withthe war over the Autobots would also have generally downsized as they would a) be looking to have a proper peace withthe Decepticons and having a "lower" culture will only build hatred and b) would be looking to conserve Cybertrons resources.

I do however believe that some transformers would of kept their original size or at least be as big as the likes of Sideswipe, Sunstreaker etc.. I think these would mainly be the leaders, the generals and robots in charge of planetry defence, a nit like the guardian robots of old and whilst they were no omega supreme size the Headmasters/ Targetmasters etc.. showed us that normal sized tfs can be powerful too and they would probably be good fighters
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Computron
Thats dreamwave continuity and thus to be totally disregarded for being crap

That's what I figured, but I wanted to give the benefit of the doubt.
Orion1
Protoform

Post by Orion1 »

What I still don't get is, G1 Megatron was a huge bot, and he could shrink down to the size of an ordinary handgun. So why couldn't Optimus Primal shrink down to the size of a gorilla?
"No matter the distance"
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

Because beastwars is a continuation of G1 but primal and Megatron are not supposed to be the decendants of their G1 counterparts mereley honorarily named.
By that time Primal was basically already a micromaster so there was little need to have him scale up and down.
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
Orion1
Protoform

Post by Orion1 »

Could someone give me a rough idea of how tall Optimal Optimus was in robot mode please?
"No matter the distance"
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

I'd estimate 15-18 foot. Or as tall as a regular Autobot like Jazz, Ironhide, Prowl. He looks pretty tall next to Optimus in Optimal Situation.
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
X1 Commander
Protoform

Post by X1 Commander »

I think it has to do with conservation of energy, and also to weaken their overall strength. Because really, compared to their human allies, the Autobots were Gods. By reducing their size and subsequent strength to roughly superhuman levels they allowed for the humans to actually be a species to contend with. Now if the Predacons attempt to revolt, they can call for help from humans, and other species.
Check out 3DMecha.com, home of Robotech, Evangelion, Classic and Transformers 3D Models.