****, I hate sport on British TV...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

****, I hate sport on British TV...

Post by Cliffjumper »

Sorry, why the **** do I want to know entirely about some guy who's been groomed by two multinational companies and plonked in the second-best car on the ****ing grid and then gets beaten by the other chap in the same car? Where the **** does this assumption that anyone watching is Supporting Britain come from? I think People Who Weren't Lewis Hamilton got mentioned twice, and that was in the shape of Jensen "Who?" Button (who did manage to give the surliest interview I've seen for a while in such a PR-motivated sport) and David "Manager's a commentator" Coulthard (and even then, he had to drive straight into Alex Wurz).

It was like that on the Man Utd. champy league game the other day. "Good news from Stamford Bridge - Chelsea have scored!". Oh that is good news, because I might greatly dislike Chelsea, but at least they're better than those ****ing foreigners.

And the Grand Prix - how exactly was that different from any race over the past few years? Aside from the fact we'll have absolutely no drivers capable of really ****ing throwing a car around this year? Big shame after all the "BEST CLOSEST SEASON EVAR!" bull**** - we get a Ferrari running into the distance, the best move of the race coming at the first corner and the only overtaking coming from when a very fast car starts from the back (which means it's just clinical straight-line speed stuff, with the person whose just been passed making no attempt to fight back).

CounterPunch
Protoform

Re: ****, I hate sport on British TV...

Post by CounterPunch »

Not only that but I'm pretty sure that of all the overtaking Massa did, only 1 or 2 were shown. Pretty boring to be honest
Cliffjumper

Re: Re: ****, I hate sport on British TV...

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by CounterPunch
Not only that but I'm pretty sure that of all the overtaking Massa did, only 1 or 2 were shown. Pretty boring to be honest

Yeh, usual Australian TV stuff... "There's some overtaking going on, but let's show some replays of Mark Webber going down some straights". Am I glad I didn't get up at 2 to watch that live...

To be fair to Hamilton, he seems like a lovely bloke, and he is pretty quick (though, relatively speaking, it's now ridiculously easy to have a good start to a Grand Prix career... get signed up by a big team in karts, get good teams all through the junior categories, sit in a front-running car, and there's so little bloody action that as long as you can get through the first couple of laps, it's basically a testing session with some slower cars to lap), but God Damn have ITV suceeded in making me utterly sick of him, and in record time - I think it took about four races for them to manage it with Button. Bottom line is Alonso had an off-colour weekend, still managed to outqualify him and finish ahead of him (despite losing track position), and that's that... comparison with any other driver is irrelevant, because the McLaren's, at worst, the second best car out there, and the whole thing's so hierarchical now...
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

I think hes got potential, but its my opinion anyone has under a good car (look at Massa for instance) basically, he's alright, was cool to get 3rd in his first race, but saying hes a future world champion because of it? Ludicrous
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Grand Prix's back?

Another reason to avoid ITV, then.,
Zudo Bug
Protoform

Post by Zudo Bug »

I actually stayed up to watch the Australian GP and thought that it wasn't a bad race - not a great race but not a bad one either. When it comes to tracks that are known for loads of overtaking and Alonzo, Hamilton, Raikonnen and Massa are at the front of the field expect a fantastic race. Sure the commetators will harp on about how fantastic Button is (something which I don't agree to) and how well Hamilton is doing in the race but there is the volume button on your remote control which can be used in such instances.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Zudo Bug
Sure the commetators will harp on about how fantastic Button is (something which I don't agree to) and how well Hamilton is doing in the race but there is the volume button on your remote control which can be used in such instances.

Or I could just kill James Allen :)