the cosmic experiment thread

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
slartibartfast

the cosmic experiment thread

Post by slartibartfast »

smeg, I'm lazy today... Lazier than a usual sunday afternoon... way lazier... so lazy that Lazy the lazily idle squirrel of laziness would be jean claude van damme in comparison...

I couldn't even be arsed to get out of bed and into the glorious sunshine to meander round to a friends' place in the prospect of smoking and lazily watching films on his 24" flatscreen until about 8 in the evening. Now I'm at work and I still can't be bothered to do anything.

however, I did note a distinctly high level of laziness around me today, people hanging out in the street... being lazy... So my question is this :

is it just me ? Has anyone else done **** all today ? are you half-arsed for reasons unexplained ?

Because we maybe under the effect of a cosmic storm of lazy energy, stretching out into the depths of space. Or perhaps mysterious phenomena on the moon is disrupting gaia. or dr octopus has invented a new device for global domination. who knows, but if the effect is on a global scale, we might... just might be able to prove the non-existance of god and discover our long lost powers of empathy and telepathy.

by the way, I reserve the right to pass off any disbelievers and critics by saying that I am obviously more in tune and in harmony with the universe than they are, and that they should go meditate in a bath of milk whilst burning strands of uncooked spaghetti.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singing_bowls

Some big old ones on Antiques Roadshow earlier...
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singing_bowels

and see ? Resorting to watching the antiques roadshow can only be a sign of celestial unbalance... Why... the fact that almost everyone is obviously too lazy to reply to the topic is further proof that my logic is impeccable.

All hail as I shall now ascend to my rightful role as high guru of causality.
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

I would imagine that if there were anything to this cosmic interrelation stuff that one man's lazy fuels another man's industry.

Provided they aren't in adjoining cubicles at work.

I, myself, actually had a burst of almost not-lazy today ... even though I didn't overdo it.
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

yes indeed. For the cosmic current that draws us inexorably to our final destination flows and ebbs throughout the eleven dimensions of space and time. tirelessly swirling ... swirling ... swirling ... :swirly: The tides that coincide with what we call 'sunday' are mere waves. waves of laziness that wash over us, and beings such as ourselves on other shores in far-flung galaxies. also sprach slartibartfast.
I, myself, actually had a burst of almost not-lazy today
exceptio probat regulam in casibus non exceptis.

the high guru of causality only explains his edits when he deems it necessary.
Axe
Protoform

Re: the cosmic experiment thread

Post by Axe »

Originally posted by slartibartfast
who knows, but if the effect is on a global scale, we might... just might be able to prove the non-existance of god and discover our long lost powers of empathy and telepathy.
Defer proving that, relax, have some corn, join Chaos. :lol: :rant: :lol:
[SIGPIC]Image[/SIGPIC]
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I'm sorely tempted just to **** off the over time I'd agreed to do over Easter and just have a long weekend despite needing the money.

Nothing to do with lasiness though, with everyone at work eith dying or insane I'd be about the only person doing to work of 10 people...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Ice Shard
Protoform

Post by Ice Shard »

We'll i'v lounged about the whole day with either the tv,laptop,computer or mp3 on.i'm a lazy sod today :D
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Originally posted by Ice Shard
We'll i'v lounged about the whole day with either the tv,laptop,computer or mp3 on.i'm a lazy sod today :D

that's as may be, but you're only what? 12? Thereabouts? I'd do **** all all day if I were still in college too & was enjoying the 'easter, let's let the little bastards off for two weeks even though the entire easter period only comprises one weekend, holidays'

Retail makes you bitter kiddies, bitter and twisted; and broke. Bitter, twisted and broke. Yep, life's gonna suck when you grow up.
inflatable dalek

Originally posted by StoneCold Skywarp
Retail makes you bitter kiddies, bitter and twisted; and broke. Bitter, twisted and broke. Yep, life's gonna suck when you grow up.

You just summed up my life.

Still, I've taken the long weekend option despite the broke factor.
Ice Shard
Protoform

Post by Ice Shard »

that's as may be, but you're only what? 12? Thereabouts?
Yep, life's gonna suck when you grow up.

14 actually and life is already crap.

Whee! how lovely is life? not very lovely
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
Still, I've taken the long weekend option despite the broke factor.

Least you get the option :(
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
I've taken the long weekend option despite the broke factor.
Free time is the finest luxery I can thing of. Funny I don't miss holidays really... but I don't. The magic of earning my living still hasn't worn off i guess.
Axe
Protoform

Post by Axe »

Originally posted by slartibartfast
Free time is the finest luxery I can thing of.
For me that would be free time plus Yu Yu Hakusho. Taking time out from a hectic university life for YYH was bliss. My life isn't hectic at all right now (just miserable) and I'm not ordering the episodes I haven't seen till I get busy. Everything seems more vibrant when you take a break from a hectic flow.
inflatable dalek

Least you get the option :(

I shall not mane you feel worse by saying how I've spent the last two days out in the sun for 8 hours...