ooooh....shiny - Live free or Die Hard Trailer!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

ooooh....shiny - Live free or Die Hard Trailer!

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/livefre ... INxGRfVXcA

Whee!

(anyone else think we should have a 'movie/dvd/film' forum?)
Ice Shard
Protoform

Post by Ice Shard »

i guess so there are always new movies being produced which would be good to discuss
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

I love Die Hard films, some of my favourite films, and Bruce Willis is one of my favourite actors... BUT, I dunno... Theres something missing. Die Hard was always very grounded in its big action set pieces (they were big and spectacular, but not amazingly stupid) but these ones seem to be very over the top (which I do enjoy, hence why I'm looking forward to TF, but not in Die Hard)

Also there was always a strange small comedy feel to the Die Hard films (or so I thought) this one (from what I've seen) seems completely and utterly serious (bar the scene with Kevin Smith)

It doesnt seem to be "New York/LA cop with problems with his wife and his hangover takes on a bad guy" it just has more of a typical highly trained soldier/sas/marine kinda vibe.

And on top of that.... Where the hell is his token black character, you can't have a Die Hard film without the token black character.

I will definitely go and see this, but I'm not expecting it to reach the levels of coolness of Die Hard or With A Vengeance.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

I'm getting slightly tired of every film needing the '21st century Superman SFX stunt" which clearly can't be done in real life. Die Hard was probably the greatest action movie of all time because it was grounded in reality and McClame was simply a "Normal" cop who had a knack of quick thinking and unique ideas in difficult situtions.

The 1st and 3rd films worked so well because they were such great deconstructions of their times and sub-cultures the Yuppy 80's and Gangster rap 90's. I hope this does the same.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

However I am excited. I hope it's good.

Originally posted by StoneCold Skywarp
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/livefre ... INxGRfVXcA

Whee!

(anyone else think we should have a 'movie/dvd/film' forum?)

Nope. I currently don't think there shouln't be an animation or sports forum either. I currently think there are far too many 'general' forums around here t the momentand along with general they are all too dead most days and topics lack variety and spice because people browsing are spread to thinly.