Future of the Classics line...?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
trilobitepictures
Protoform

Future of the Classics line...?

Post by trilobitepictures »

I know that when it was originally conceived, the Classics line was supposed to be a short-lived filler to warm shelves until the movie toys came out.

Is that still the case, or is Hasbro going to keep them on for a while longer?
"It goes 'bing' when there's stuff."

Clay

Post by Clay »

They had run their course as of Februrary or so.

Aside from the botcon stuff, Classics is done. Hasbro haven't said anything otherwise.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Its too bad, its the best line they've done in years. Much better than the movie toys.
trilobitepictures
Protoform

Well, crap.

*sigh* Thanks muchly...

Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Hasbro will have a more formal announcement AT Botcon... so we'll see... Here's hopin'
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I'd be surprised if we don't see the moulds reused further in future lines.
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Man thats dissapointing I don't get to buy man Transformers anymore and I really wanted jetfire.

Also i know this is a bit off topic but besides the minicons are all the classic firgures the same size?
lars573
Protoform

Post by lars573 »

No. Jetfire, Prime/Magnus, and Megatron are taller than the rest.
Scorponok2007
Protoform

Post by Scorponok2007 »

The only thing that annoyed me was Hasbro just recycled the classic line mould and create another character.

Example:

Bumble Bee -> Cliffjumper
Optimus Prime -> Ultra Magnus
Starscream -> Jetfire

:rant:

I foresee the whole toy line is dead...
trilobitepictures
Protoform

Originally posted by Scorponok2007
I foresee the whole toy line is dead...

You might want to polish that crystal ball, Madam Ruby...

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php ... _start=120

FALL 2008 ... CLASSICS??????????????????
CLASSICS 2.0
Showed us Sunstreaker and Sideswipe.
Want to continue realistic look with Classics.
"Transformers Universe" in G1 styled font.
Deluxe scale.
Will not be licensed vehicles
In early development.
Sunstreaker and Sideswipe will not have the same chest, head or design. They look just as different in robot mode as their G1 selves.
Showed us Octane (triple changer): military tanker vehicle and looks like the gun ship from TF Movie that took out Scorponok.
Looking to add an ultra scale to Transformers Universe.
They are planning on doing a new Galvatron figure that is not a repaint of Megatron.

2 segments for fall 2008: Transformers Animated and Transformers Universe (Classics 2.0). I have the impression that the G1 styled font "Transformers Universe" is the official name for Classics 2.0. The fans shouted ... Hasbro heard.

Not sure where I read this bit, there was SO much news coming from BotCon it's tough to track down all of it.... Hasbro wants to use Mainly characters from G1 Season 1 and 2 and also charaters that can be repainted/remoulded to make others. Ironhide/Ratchet Jazz/Prowl were named.

Scorponok2007
Protoform

Post by Scorponok2007 »

Having 2 characters that shares the same mould but different colors? Do you think it's worth get it?

Why don't they just dig out their old mould and reissue those good old stuff again? :(
trilobitepictures
Protoform

Having 2 characters that shares the same mould but different colors? Do you think it's worth get it?

Ironhide. Ratchet. Prowl. Jazz. Sideswipe. Sunstreaker.
Um. Yes. I do.

Why don't they just dig out their old mould and reissue those good old stuff again? :(

Many of the old moulds don't exist anymore (Mirage). Many of the old moulds are not property of Takara (Shockwave, Jetfire). Lack of articulation. Lack of ease to kitbash. Closer look to animation/comic counterparts, unlike old moulds.

Scorponok2007
Protoform

Post by Scorponok2007 »

...There will, of course, be unique moulds... such as the G1 Galvatron (promised NOT to be a repaint of Megatron) and a promised new Dinobot to the line.

I would be happier if they decided to released the rest of the 4 dinobots 'cos those moulds can't be recycled (best example would be Grimlock)! :D
Scorponok2007
Protoform

Post by Scorponok2007 »

Many of the old moulds are not property of Takara (Shockwave, Jetfire).

I do hope Takara will reissue Predacon & Constructicon again 'cos I missed it! ARGH! :wall:

Hasbro classic constructicon? No thanks 'cos I still prefer the original 6 in 1, not 5 in 1.
lars573
Protoform

Post by lars573 »

A new Classics devastator isn't happening, nor Dinobots. They are all headed for the Heroes toy line. And since Hasbro said that there will be no Classics with an animal alt form that means the Insecticons are too. As is Blitzwing.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

You know, the classics line would be a great space for those Seacons that they're rumored to have, floating around. Shame that they aren't planning on doing animals.
ryanxxx
Protoform

Post by ryanxxx »

Originally posted by lars573
A new Classics devastator isn't happening, nor Dinobots.

i have grimlock in the classics.
i would like to see...

kickback.
soundwave (would honestly just settle for him).
devastator.
megatron (G1 gun... not this blaster ****!).
Blitzwing.
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

In the classics line i would like to see them do a different Ultra Magnus and not just some Optimus Prime repaint. I really want to see them do a classics Bruiticus. One where it is worth buy all the robots not just to make Bruticus but becuase they are actually good moulds.
G1Starscream
Protoform

Post by G1Starscream »

I don't mine characters like Ironhide and Ratchet sharing a mould as long as the details like their heads are done right, since those 2 actually transform into the same type of vehice. But Jazz and Prowl are 2 completely different cars! That would be a horrible repaint!
ColdBain
Protoform

Post by ColdBain »

I wonder what's happening with that Cosmos design they were throwing about for awhile? Didn't they have a Cosmos Classics Toy planned, but when they finished the classics line they talked about using the design for the 6" Titaniums, and now I hear rumours about there being no more new 6" Titaniums being made... it would make sense to me to go ahead with the Cosmos Design, it was pretty cool!

As far as toys go, some of the car brothers would be awesome, I'm really intrigued about the Octane Design, (can't wait to see that!) - as far as leader characters, did I read incorrectly somewhere that they were designing a Galvatron that isn't based on the previous Megatron mould?

If nothing else, I would LOVE to see a Classics Omega Supreme! I took my G1 Omega out of his box last night and was just thinking about all the wonderful things they could do with this character now they have the ability to!

Man, if that 'Ultimate' Character in the next Classics line is Omega Supreme, I might have a heart attack!
"At times like these, we've got to spell racecar backwards."