Question About Your Collection

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Question About Your Collection

Post by CounterPunch »

So, I was just looking through at the insane amount of toys some people have, and it got me thinking about all the toys I had growing up, now, unfortunately my other sold every single transformers toy I owned (which according to my bro, was every single one possibly available in the uk (on general release) up until '93 when we moved.

So, how much of your collection (specifically the G1 toys) are ones you owned in the 80s? And how many of them are ones you have picked up in the last 10-15 years?
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

in the 80's? %0

last 10-15 years? %100
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I have no G1 toys...:p

Got a few encore though. Meister (Jazz), Skywarp, Thundercracker, the six Minibots, and Commemorative edition Soundwave, LAserbeak n' Ravage.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I had much less TFs in the 80's (needed space for GI Joe, He-Man, etc.), but here's the list of what I had from G1: Optimus Prime, Grapple, Cyclonus, Devastator, Tantrum, Kickback, Runamuck, Goldbug, and a few Gobots. To this day, I still have Grapple, Cyclonus, Devastator, and Tantrum.

Nowadays (I started collecting again about 3 years ago), I have many more (cause now I actually have a paycheck instead of an allowance). And I have about 90% Classics/Universe in my collection. Maybe it's just my inner child picking up all those G1 TFs I never had as a kid...
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I've told my particular story at least 3 times on here in different threads, so I'll save you the discomfort of the whole story and just say that my entire G1 collection was thrown away by my wicked stepmother. Only my G1 Grimlock survived as he was already with me when I moved out the weekend earlier. So 1% of my collection would be G1 that I actually owned in the 80s.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Kali wrote:I've told my particular story at least 3 times on here in different threads, so I'll save you the discomfort of the whole story and just say that my entire G1 collection was thrown away by my wicked stepmother. Only my G1 Grimlock survived as he was already with me when I moved out the weekend earlier. So 1% of my collection would be G1 that I actually owned in the 80s.
There's a Cinderella story in there somewhere... is Grimlock the fairy godmother or the glass shoe?

As for me, I still have Sixshot and the two Decpticon Powermaster jets, and I have 98% of my Micromasters. I think I've only ever lost three.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Clay wrote:There's a Cinderella story in there somewhere...
Except I've still not found my happy ending.....
Clay

Post by Clay »

Kali wrote:Except I've still not found my happy ending.....
Of course you haven't. You have to dress up in a pretty gown and be the fanfare of the ball first.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Hmmm . . . that's a good question. I'd have to say maybe less than 1%. I still have almost everyone I had as a kid, but I've picked up quite a load of TFs since then.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Nope, no G1s. Just an old Laser Optimus trailer that I still have despite no longer having Laser Optimus...Everything else is either Cybertron, Classics, Movie, Animated, or Universe 2.0.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

I have nothinhg left from back in the day and have collected everything I have in the last 2-3 years since a chance Youtube search result threw up a couple of G1 cartoon clips and it sparked my interest again.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Mostly got rid of the post-85 stuff I had... all bar one of the pieces currently on display (Grimlock) are fairly recent acquisitions, though others are 80s-ware.

Don't really collect the toys, just the few I like...
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Considering I wasn't even alive during G1, none of my collection is G1. That's right. No G1 molds are mine. I've never actually even touched a G1 figure. I was born in the beast era, sadly a house fire destroyed my collection (Sans 1, Optimal Optimus)

1/75 of my figs are from my childhood.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Still have lots of the G1 figures, including Defensor, Devastator, parts of Superion and Menasor, Sunstreaker, Inferno, Jazz, Ironhide, Powermaster Prime, lots of the folks from Goldbug's line, Grimlock...

Though none of them [bar that complete Defensor and Ironhide] have any value to me nor are displayed at all.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I have G1 grimlock, Snapdragon and hoist and encore Skywarp.
I have a few of my BW from my childhood and the rest are post alternators.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

I have an incomplete Trypticon, who's older than I am. Would RiD Ruination count? (repaint/slight weapon retool of the Combaticons)
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

I'm not old-school enough to have any original G1 figures, but I still have quite a few G2 redecoes. On the other hand, I never really had a lot of money as a kid, so it wasn't until relatively recently that my collection has really exploded (metaphorically, of course :swirly:).
Ostentatious

Post by Ostentatious »

All my G1 figures were given to me by my neighbor when he started high school. That was back in 1990. So I've got Ratchet, Thurst w/ with Starscream's wings, Bombshell w/ a broken horn, Shrapnel, Venom, Topspin, Overdrive, Brawn, and Astrotrain. Everyone is missing their weapons with the exception of Topspin. Yeah, after that most of my Transformers are some random G2 figures and every Beast Wars figure I could get my hands on back when I was in grade school.
~
Civ

Post by Civ »

Let's see out of all the ones I had as a kid, the only ones that survived to present day are G1 Brawn, G1 Grimlock, G1 Slag, and Sixgun. Yeah, that's about it. The rest I picked up fairly recently.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

All my G1's were pretty much stolen from me when I was a kid. Fortress Maximus was jacked out of the back of my mom's car, so I had about had it with them, so I said F it. I got some G2's when I was a teenager, but then I lost interest and gave them away to some poor kid. So no, I don't have any from the 80's. I got all the ones I have now in the last year, mostly.